Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Fuck PC Gamer, but...

Xbox's Phil Spencer on Game Pass, Steam and the Epic Games Store

"My expectation is that our games will be available on Steam. You can never say 'always ever', because then something will happen with rights in certain situations where something might not happen, but we have a really good relationship with the team over there. We go over and talk with Scott Lynch, Erik Johnson and Gabe a lot about the plans we have—it's a good, healthy conversation. So there's nothing in our plans that would say there's a reason we wouldn't continue to ship our games on Steam, and they've been incredibly supportive with us which I appreciate."
Phil also essentially backs up that Sea of Thieves is coming to Steam. I hope Forza does eventually.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
"We said 'okay, maybe Game Pass is something we could bring to PC'. We went out and talked and did some focus testing, and went over to my friends at Valve, talked to them about it, and say 'hey, how do people think, is this something we think would be additive to what is already there?'. We got a lot of 'yeah this is something you guys should go try', to build a gaming subscription that's working for you on Xbox to PC. "

So... thanks Valve for Gamepass on PC... I guess... :ROFLMAO:

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Shieeeet imagine if MS would be at Gamescom and drop the bomb on what else is coming to steam.
Namely Rare Replay.
i wish ... fuck, not even the entire thing ... just give me Xbox Conker (yes, i know that one wasn't in Replay :p) ... that's all i need from them

Reactions: Guilty of Being

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
For Valve, specially Gabe after he was so outspoken about MS shenanigans, to help out the competitor pull they shit together on the PC space is pretty telling.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
"We said 'okay, maybe Game Pass is something we could bring to PC'. We went out and talked and did some focus testing, and went over to my friends at Valve, talked to them about it, and say 'hey, how do people think, is this something we think would be additive to what is already there?'. We got a lot of 'yeah this is something you guys should go try', to build a gaming subscription that's working for you on Xbox to PC. "

So... thanks Valve for Gamepass on PC... I guess... :ROFLMAO:
Shouldnt be surprising considering Bridge Constructer Portal is on GamePass PC

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
I'm been wondering about something lately, Borderlands 2 + DLC has been very cheap lately and that's concerning when its sequel isn't coming to Steam anytime soon. Is 2K planning to take BL2 off steam or something?. They don't need the good press anymore after Valve censored review bombing and Epic is missing a borderlands game on its store....

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
I'm been wondering about something lately, Borderlands 2 + DLC has been very cheap lately and that's concerning when its sequel isn't coming to Steam anytime soon. Is 2K planning to take BL2 off steam or something?. They don't need the good press anymore after Valve censored review bombing and Epic is missing a borderlands game on its store....
There would be absolutely no reason to take it off. People are still buying. Who’s going to go and rebuy it all at Sweenyland? I’m sure 2K will be happy after the timed exclusive and they end up snagging Steam purchases left and right. They also know people are willing to buy now to “finish” BL2. They know people will complete their DLC collection at this time as well. This, however, is just what I assume. I could be wrong.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
You never know. Borderlands 2 VR exclusivity just ran out for Sony, lets see what happens next.

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
There would be absolutely no reason to take it off. People are still buying. Who’s going to go and rebuy it all at Sweenyland? I’m sure 2K will be happy after the timed exclusive and they end up snagging Steam purchases left and right. They also know people are willing to buy now to “finish” BL2. They know people will complete their DLC collection at this time as well. This, however, is just what I assume. I could be wrong.
After they acquired Shenmue 3, I think anything is possible. We'll see in December when the money hat expires the dark souls rip off. If a Developer is greedy enough for a money hat, there's nothing stopping from from making another money. If we don't see a steam release 1 day after Ashen money hat expires, I think all bets are off.

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
After they acquired Shenmue 3, I think anything is possible. We'll see in December when the money hat expires the dark souls rip off. If a Developer is greedy enough for a money hat, there's nothing stopping from from making another money. If we don't see a steam release 1 day after Ashen money hat expires, I think all bets are off.
Like I’ve said above, in all my bitching, I don’t really care what Epic does. It won’t last.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
There are only 2 subscription services on PC that act as a 'rental' of games kind of thing.
Don't over exaggerate.
yes ... origin and gamepass ... and ubi+ ... and squeenix is making one ... and stadia (kinda/sorta)

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
I find it very amusing that while Epic is all like "BAM. ANOTHER EXCLUSIVE. YOU CAN'T HAVE IT. USE OUR HORRIBLE STORE." And right on time, Microsoft wakes up, lumbers in out of nowhere, and just quietly eats their lunch in front of everyone. MS basically undermined the whole exclusivity platform without even making a big thing out of it. The level of sedate fuckery between MS and Valve is a good laugh (and great for their customers).

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
yes ... origin and gamepass ... and ubi+ ... and squeenix is making one ... and stadia (kinda/sorta)
That's still not a billion. Neither Ubi nor S-E's pass is eve live yet to begin with.
Don't over exaggerate.
Sub services have been doing well for various peeps on here, it's either something you're into or not, and if you're not just leave it be.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I bought a used Switch on a local internet marketplace this week. Paid that dude €150, and now he's ignoring my messages. I'm starting to doubt if I will ever see that Switch 🤔

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
To me if Stadia works fine, w00t, if not whatevs. It'd be hilarious if people stan for Stadia like how some Switch fans would for certain ports of games on that platform :V

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
I bought a used Switch on a local internet marketplace this week. Paid that dude €150, and now he's ignoring my messages. I'm starting to doubt if I will ever see that Switch 🤔
How did you pay?
To me if Stadia works fine, w00t, if not whatevs. It'd be hilarious if people stan for Stadia like how some Switch fans would for certain ports of games on that platform :V
Stadia e-port begging? ;)

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
You didn't set up a meeting, giving him money when he was gonna give the Switch to you?

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
xCloud > Stadia

Jeff bringing the spice. That Stadia dude was painful to watch, one of those smarmy coked up HEYKIDSIMAGAMERTOO fakes trying way too hard to sell me whatever he's currently selling. Worst part was when he bullshitted his way around the issue of datacaps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.