Community MetaSteam | June 2019 - Microsoft does what Epican't

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I feel like it's rather impolite to tell people they'll get X, take their money, and then also take someone else's money for not giving people the X they paid for.
no, no ... that's perfectly polite and acceptable

people calling you out on it - that's the peak of impoliteness, though ... they should all be ashamed!

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Shouldn't all the Shenmue III stuff be removed from Steam anyway? If there's no game coming out they don't really meet the (pretty low) requirements to have those features :p

Okay... we were having this discussion earlier but this and PES2020 settles it. At least for Japanese publishers, they are clearly just using some dices or throwing darts at a wall with numbers when it comes to regional prices.

In relation to the US price, in Argentina RAD is -80% and PES is +58%.
For Brazil is that +95% for Brazil in RAD, and -48% for PES.

So it's either random numbers or there is some super ultra complex strategy here that I'm incapable of deciphering :p
I work on a reporting team that builds / manages reports for all the project management and tracking in my large software (25,000+ employees) company. The amount of stuff not actually tracked or evaluated is staggering. We hobbled together a report that shows associate availability for events late last year (over 30 years of existing, before tracking associate availability). Granted, I'm in projects and not financing, but we have to deal with what sales sells and that also has no basis in financing, as far as we can tell sales just makes up all the numbers on the fly.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I feel like it's rather impolite to tell people they'll get X, take their money, and then also take someone else's money for not giving people the X they paid for.
See that's just because you are too deep into toxic consumer culture. If only you could stop thinking about Steam as a ecosystem of its own, or indeed stop treating PC as an equal platform and look down on it, combined with a hypocritical attempt at sympathizing with big corporations (but instead claim you are pro Dev, even though almost all these decisions are done by publisher behind the backs of developers), then and only then would see the error of your ways.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Shouldn't all the Shenmue III stuff be removed from Steam anyway? If there's no game coming out they don't really meet the (pretty low) requirements to have those features :p
They need a way to mass communicate with people. And Steam seems to be the only platform they are able to, apart from the Kickstarter page

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
Oh En Masse Entertainment, Closers didn't click with me but I'm looking forward to that game

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Yessssss
TRIAL BY STONE!
i was hoping this one would come out on everything ... and it is! :D

They should ban Deep Silver from their service.
at this point - might as well ... it's the second time they're trying to pull this shit ... except this time around it's even worse ... at least Metro had pre-orders (so they could kinda/sorta justify posting updates even after the moneyhat)

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
They should ban Deep Silver from their service.
On the other side of the coin, that would make one less avenue for people to tell how they feel about the situation. By keeping their forum, deepsilver hurt themselves more than anything right now.
But yeah, I would eject every game in this situation too. Steam isn’t free PR.

Reactions: Ge0force and xinek

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I don't really know what measure Valve could take to be honest, i suppose it depends on what their contracts say but so far i like that Valve have just kept working on their own thing yet i can see them being dragged into the melee at some point soon.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Man, I hope they don't make us wait too long for the PC version of Panzer Dragoon.

I was actually saying earlier today that SE has no idea how many episodes FF7 will have so I'm not surprised lol.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
The collateral damage has also been the PC gaming press for me. PC Gamer is beyond saving and RPS is gently following along.
I think I will laugh in the face of the next fucker who wonders why some people are so negative about this industry and its members. At this point a lot of dev and pub have clearly proven that they don’t care in the slightest about me as a consumer.

I admit I’m only human and will gladly return them the favor at every occasion.

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
from the latest ePiC Gamer article on the matter (literally the whole article):

Shenmue 3 is going to be exclusive to the Epic Games Store on PC, upsetting some Kickstarter backers who expected to play the game on Steam. In an interview today with Ys Net's Yu Suzuki and publisher Deep Silver, we asked about the decision to make the game an Epic exclusive, and for clarity on whether backers would be able to get Steam keys or receive refunds.

Ys Net said that partnering with Epic was a joint decision with Deep Silver, and the publisher added that "the game is made in Unreal Engine 4, and Epic has been giving great support. So we just made a decision together to say that this is the best PC platform to be on."

We asked whether Kickstarter backers would still be able to get a Steam key at launch.

"What we can say, basically, is that in a year's time, it may be available on another platform, but it's going to be with Epic for a year," a Deep Silver PR rep told us. "This is going to help with the development of Shenmue and ensure it's going to be the best Shenmue in over a decade."

When we asked about backer refunds, Deep Silver PR said, "I know at the moment [Deep Silver is] listening to what the Kickstarter community is saying and looking into it. They hear what people are saying, and they're looking into it."
edit: forgot to add source

Last edited:

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Why are you so anti-publisher, Durante. You should just be a good, little consumer, shut up and open your arsecheekswallet and just let the grownups at Deep Silver handle the complicated matters.
It's just another launcher. Literally a click away on your desktop.

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018

let me tell you about a little franchise called half life.
Honestly, I'm not surprised. With a game as big as FF, remade like that? Of course it'd take forever. Midgard is the part I wanted to see redone the most anyway.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
When are the next series of Nvidia cards rumored to be out? RTX 3000 I guess? Got a 1080, but not interested in upgrading to a 2080ti.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
When are the next series of Nvidia cards rumored to be out? RTX 3000 I guess? Got a 1080, but not interested in upgrading to a 2080ti.
Probably by the end of this year/early 2020.

Last edited:

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I wish I were more computer savvy. I want to play Akiba’s Trip, but I have no clue what I’m doing with HxD. I want to play in 1440p @ 60fps.
Alternatively, you can use Akiba Interceptor to do the heavy lifting.

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
But doesn’t that only change 30fps to 60fps?
From the README.md

Configuration
Here's a list of settings you're able to override though the utility's configuration.yaml file:
  • renderingResolutionWidth [int] - The resolution width at which the game is going to be rendered.
  • renderingResolutionHeight [int] - The resolution height at which the game is going to be rendered.

Reactions: 「Echo」

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I just downloaded AkibaInterceptor and there's no configuration.yaml so i assume you put AkibaInterceptor.exe into the game directory, run it, quit the game and edit the newly created configuration.yaml in notepad?

edit: Maybe not...
Just place the downloaded binary in the game's root directory and then run it. The utility is smart enough to do everything else by itself. Don't forget to edit the configuration.yaml file before starting the game.
I don't have the game but it sounds like configuration.yaml is part of the game itself and AkibaInterceptor just reads it?

SRossi

regretten? rien!
Dec 9, 2018
The collateral damage has also been the PC gaming press for me. PC Gamer is beyond saving and RPS is gently following along.
I think I will laugh in the face of the next fucker who wonders why some people are so negative about this industry and its members. At this point a lot of dev and pub have clearly proven that they don’t care in the slightest about me as a consumer.

I admit I’m only human and will gladly return them the favor at every occasion.
But we are all toxic gamergaters! Don't you have no shame? It's only another launcher, why are you so upset?! Just asking questions! Didn't use steam a bunch (alternative: I'm a big pc user myself and have bunch of games in pc!).

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I don't have the game but it sounds like configuration.yaml is part of the game itself and AkibaInterceptor just reads it?
When installed, the mod will generate the configuration.yaml and a stub .exe . It'll rename the original executable. Once you update the configuration.yaml, you can simply run the stub to start the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.