Community MetaSteam | June 2019 - Microsoft does what Epican't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
So, did any of you take up Bethesda’s offer and play F’76? I mean, they sure did praise it. Well, the steamers—real gamers—did.

I jumped on Twitter to see how well Shenmuegate is going. It’s like politics: PC gamers are outraged and lobbyists are probing about it being “just another launcher.” Also, not having a user forum is kicking them in the ass with all the lack of troubleshooting issue.

Who would have thought...

Last edited:
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
So, did any of you take up Bethesda’s offer and play F’76? I mean, they sure did praise it. Well, the steamers—real gamers—did.

I jumped on Twitter to see how well Shenmuegate is going. It’s like politics: PC gamers are outraged and lobbyists are probing about it being “just another launcher.” Also, not having a user forum is kicking them in the ass with all the lack of troubleshooting issue.

Who would have thought...
Well im waiting for the Steam release before I consider trying it.

Reactions: Guilty of Being

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
Kvik -- I used AkibaInterceptor. I went back into config and changed the resolution and it seems to look better. 60fps was a screentearathon, so I changed to 30 and the tearing is gone. UI still seems blurry, but I think I got the game resolution where I want it. Thanks!

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Deleted member 113

As it was easily predictable, that bootleg, Chinese, Double Dragon game was removed from Steam.

The game was a fan project that took stages from the Double Dragon series, from the Ninja Gaiden series, and even the Contra series. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:
And... it actually wasn't too bad.
Lacking polish (and I'm struggling to use a controller), but certainly not the worse 3€ I ever spent.

Deleted member 113

I'm off to bed, so I won't be watching the Konami announcements.

When I check back tomorrow, I'm sure I will find that they announced:
-a compilation of all the Metroidvania games that Konami released on the NDS and the GBA;
-a brand new, kick-ass looking, 2D Castlevania game;
-Snatcher will be re-released on PC and all major consoles;
-Policenauts will receive its first official release, again for PC and all consoles;
-a complete collection of all Silent Hill games, including spin-offs, will also be coming out, you guessed it, on PC and all available consoles;
-Axelay 2 will be announced, and it will be a thing of beauty!

Sorry, no Metal Gear Solid releases of any kind though.

If I get any of the above right, I'll be a happy man. :giggle:

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas

-a compilation of all the Metroidvania games that Konami released on the NDS and the GBA;
-Policenauts will receive its first official release, again for PC and all consoles;
-a complete collection of all Silent Hill games, including spin-offs, will also be coming out, you guessed it, on PC and all available consoles;

I hope some of those come true. Have a good night of rest, my brother.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I don't disagree, but what is this in relation to? It just seems totally random lol. o_O
Just a thought. I've seen some articles, comments on Twitter and the other, other place about Sony's brilliance by not attending E3.

Its like~ why are we talking about Sony, they didnt show anything.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Just a thought. I've seen some articles, comments on Twitter and the other, other place about Sony's brilliance by not attending E3.
Oh right, yeah, As if it's some """""genius move""""" lol.

When in reality they just couldn't stand another trash conference for a 2nd year in a row. There is nothing to show. That's why they bowed out me thinks.

Reactions: NarohDethan

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Kvik -- I used AkibaInterceptor. I went back into config and changed the resolution and it seems to look better. 60fps was a screentearathon, so I changed to 30 and the tearing is gone. UI still seems blurry, but I think I got the game resolution where I want it. Thanks!
Good on ya!

Although, I'm kind of curious as to why it's still tearing for you. If you want to tinker with it a bit more, try disabling both the in-game vsync and in the configuration.yaml . Then enable vsync in the driver via NVInspector if you have an Nvidia GPU. See if you have better results.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

Their release plan leaked early:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Have you never listened to a Nintendo fan over the past decade lmao?

Pretty much the only console fanboys who aren't annoying of late are actually Microsoft fans who became fairly normal after a down gen.
I think Nintendo fanboys are more annoying than anything else. Sony fanboys have this smug way of behaving that I just cant stand.

And yeah Xbox fans are the most normal ones.

Not us PC fans, known for our love of anime.

Kuro

"Oh yeah? Aren't you gonna punish me?"
Dec 22, 2018
"Sony won E3, right?"

Rofl, this is gold, perfect gif for the situation.
I'd love to see the brain olympics these people go through.
Give me proper sequel of Blade of Darkness, you cowards :minos_commie: Yakuza 0 is on hold for now because another orc needs to be slain!

The original Dark Souls, man I loved this game!
I remember it being buggy as hell though, but still.

Álvaro de Campos

O nada que é tudo.
Mar 12, 2019
On a personal level, Microsoft > PC Gaming > Nintendo > Squeenix/Bethesda > Ubisoft.
  1. MS with Keanu Reeves (featuring Cyberpunk 2077), PC GamePass, and showing a bunch of cool-looking smaller (and a few not so smaller) games won my heart and my wallet.
  2. As a (mainly) PC gamer, PCG Show had more relevant games.
  3. Nintendo's Directs are always snappy and excellent in terms of presentation (except for the overly long Bowser joke). Also Trials of effin' Mana.
  4. Bethesda had two new games I'm curious about (but due to being entirely CGI reveals lose a lot of points), plus Doom Eternal. Square Enix had SaGa but then wasted a bunch of my time with FF7R and Marvel stuff I don't care about.
  5. Ubisoft had nothing because all their games are all interchangeable and exactly alike. Also starting with an orchestra made me angry. Also advertising a TV show. Also celebrity cameos, on an E3 with Keanu Reeves of all people. I guess Watch Dogs 3 was funny, and I can appreciate how good/fun it looked despite disliking open-world games.
I'd also like to mention the Kinda Funny (not funny at all) presentation for having a vast amount and breadth of games (some of which look really cool), it might actually have grown my Steam wishlist more than any other presentation. I haven't placed them and others since they're smaller, but even they are probably above Ubisoft.
As for Sony not showing up, it's not like they had anything new to show, and the sad excuse they had for a presentation last year was the absolute worst - between the poor production quality at the TLoU church and the amount of time wasted ferrying everyone around or playing ear-grating music I'm glad they're absent.
Overall a decent E3, enjoyed watching the presentations with my friends (and watching some streamers' reactions), although a lot of the more exciting titles seem very far off, next year at the least, which is a shame.
thanks for reading

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Hmm I've got the worst luck with strange issues. I more or less changed my PC recently and got some rarely used HD out of it, what's the matter, I've got an external HD dock, anyway... the matter is that the dock isn't recognized by win10 anymore and I'm not sure where the issue is.
At first glance I would say faulty USB but what do I know. The dock power on, the disks make some noise, the leds are on too, the usb is plugged at the back like advised by the manufacturer... and yet win10 doesn't give a fuck.
The strangest thing is, I'm pretty certain (didn't try today) that if I leave the dock on and restart the PC, the screen turn black but it doesn't restart.

Any input ? It's an old dock with a funky USB.

"

Last edited:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
They should just release the games as a collection IMO

Not another piece of plastic
You can say that about any of the mini console releases. They are intended for a niche and long as the emulation is fine then its cool in my book.
Of course japan gets the better set od games what having rondo of blood and super star soldier.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
This E3 has to be the one with some of the highest number of quality games shown with the least amount of gameplay shown ever. Doom, FF7 and Watch Dogs all looked really impressive and it helps that they actually showed something.

The MS show had a lot of great stuff but it was all CG trailers. They didn't even show Gears' campaign which was completely baffling.

Reactions: Ex-User (307)
Status
Not open for further replies.