Community MetaSteam | June 2019 - Microsoft does what Epican't

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Yeah that sounds about right. I like the intro, wander about a bit, take in the visuals and the world and then the action starts and I just kind of tune out. Shame as I'd like to see the story through. Will get round to it one day.
I felt like this in BS1. The atmosphere and plot were great, but I couldn't stand the terrible combat mechanics so I dropped it and eventually read the rest of the story on its wiki.

SRossi

regretten? rien!
Dec 9, 2018
sooo now steam doesn't let me check out if i have even one single voucher active. what do i do now with 200k points, no vouchers possible and the badge nerfed! oh no!

(hoping support will fix this soonish)

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
I see Valve changed the event page. Again.
Yesterday, I couldn't attack other teams, the button did not work.
Today, that is fixed, but I can't see any of the games to redeem points.

All my sections below don't display any games.
I mean, it says, for example, 13 games in the "recently played" section, but I can't actually see any of them. There's no buttons, nothing at all. :(
Yeah, this game has been a nightmare or ups and downs for me. Oh, I bought three new games today! I thought of you and Tizoc as I checked out.

😂

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Off topic. Reminiscing the days I used to scour the web for cool free games cos I was too poor and eventually found this thing. Such a well done space sim.

Shame the team never made the full game they wanted, this was essentially a 4 mission prequel demo, as awesome as it was (plus with mission editor etc).

I haven't tried it in ages and I hear it has some trouble running on modern OS/GPU/drivers but who knows, you could get lucky. Probably not I would guess.

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
I just started playing ICEY (since Steam wanted me to play a new game). I was just planning on giving it a try but actually played for a couple of hours, it's very enjoyable.
Yeah, I’ve had it on my wishlist for a while and had to grab it during this sale. As soon as I’m done rolling I’m nostalgia with Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD, I’ll probably check it out next.
Just a heads up: I'm claiming the Shenmue OT here. I don't care if it's been promised to someone else because I'm paying for the exclusivity.
Do you, baby!

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Ill finish up maui mallard today but good lord this game looks great has some nice ideas but could really go with a variety of qol changes or fixes @_@
Ninja form's attack has odd hitboxes meaning u HAVE to position and distance yourself for ur attacks to hit enemies

Swinging is also poorly done as when u reach the edge or end of swinging in a direction Donald will himself face the opposite direction! This adda a needless level of difficulty to playing thru the game.

I also found it hilarious they nerfed donald's gun to useless levels in stage 2 tho now it turns out that u need to pick up bug ammo.
Also any tips to stop windows defender from rejecting cheat engine files i get from fearlessrevolution aka a safe place to get cheatengine filea from?
I need an exp multiplier for ac origin.

For that matter cna i use cheat engine while running uplay online?

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Damn congrats texhnolyze !:D
Yeah congrats buddy.
for AssOranges? yeah, totally
Ok thanks so i shoulsnt worry about bans etc.
Id be using mainly the x10 exp multiplier because i cannot be arsed to go about doing all these brainless side stuff that ubi were too uninspired to make interesting.
Now i gotta worry about my windows defender blocking .ct files @_@

Still could someone provide a guide on how to create my own cheat engine option for thr game? I know the basic method for some but somthing like
' create a new .ct file then just paste these lines of codes and ac origins will apply them when u run the game.'

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Can Planet Coaster be enjoyed if I really, really liked Theme Park World but hated building roller coasters in it? Like is it fun to build and manage a park with all sorts of attractions except roller coasters?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Can Planet Coaster be enjoyed if I really, really liked Theme Park World but hated building roller coasters in it? Like is it fun to build and manage a park with all sorts of attractions except roller coasters?
if that's what you're going for then you probably should get this one instead:

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Wait a minute you don't use Uplay, how do you know Uplay don't have an issue with CheatEngine, what's your game, amigo?
i was buying all ubi games on steam :p

also - where's your monthly thread? what am i supposed to link in the next steam thread? ;)

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I unlocked a WWE 2K19 achievement called SNICKERS. Hunger to Win > Hunger. I might be thinking too much into this but is this an ad in an achievement? 2K must be going through a harsh time nowadays, hope Epic hook them up for those yearly games 🙌

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
I unlocked a WWE 2K19 achievement called SNICKERS. Hunger to Win > Hunger. I might be thinking too much into this but is this an ad in an achievement? 2K must be going through a harsh time nowadays, hope Epic hook them up for those yearly games 🙌
There's no way in hell that isn't product placement.
A company as big as 2K surely wouldn't namedrop brands without some sort of deal behind it.

Deleted member 113

After a failed Kickstarter campaign, the developers of Sin Slayers just opened pre-orders for the game, launching later this year.

They have a demo on Steam, with positive reviews, if anyone wants to give it a go:

And, the game is available to pre-order at their website in 3 different tiers, priced between $10 and $20, some including all future DLCs:

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
Yeah, this steam event is a mess. Yesterday I had like 14.000 points, basically with a 5€ purchase I would reach the 15.000 threshold. Now it says 6.000 of 10.000.

Reactions: m_dorian

DeejayDoom

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
Really big interview from last month with Slitherine's marketing director. He talks about Epic, but the most interesting part is the tons of things he explains about how Steam works for devs/publishers (a lot of them are things that i never saw mentioned):

Everyeye.it: What about the visibility on the homepage? Do you have to pay for it?

Marco Minoli: Absolutely not. There are a lot of factors in the Steam’s algorithm about how a product makes to the homepage. First of all, if you release a new product, you’re entitled to a million of visuals by default, meaning you’ll appear in the homepage at least a million of times. Then there’re games that genereate a lot of traffic: they have the right to appear again in the homepage, like games that are on a big number of wishlists and have a lot of comments.

In general, there isn’t any way to pay for visibility on any store on PC. You can however activate extra visibility cycles, like when you’re close to release a new DLC or a patch, completely free of charge. When you release a product, you have 5 of these slots to reintroduce your game in the homepage, but you can earn others if your game sells particularly well.

Everyeye.it: Is there a way to estimate the sales of a product?

Marco Minoli: It’s a completely empirical system, and the situations change case by case, but in general we can consider 2500 copies sold every 100 reviews.

Everyeye.it: When you lower a game’s price during a sale, you’re basically making a new price: when the price goes up, do people not buy the game until it’s on sale again?

Marco Minoli: No, on the contrary: consider that during ten days of sales, we sold more copies the week after the promotion compared to the week before it. As I said, the lifespan of a product can last even for five years, especially if supported by DLCs. During those five years, the period when a game sells the most is the third year. That’s why making long-term investments make sense.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Really big interview from last month with Slitherine's marketing director. He talks about Epic, but the most interesting part is the tons of things he explains about how Steam works for devs/publishers (a lot of them are things that i never saw mentioned):

Everyeye.it: When you lower a game’s price during a sale, you’re basically making a new price: when the price goes up, do people not buy the game until it’s on sale again?

Marco Minoli: No, on the contrary: consider that during ten days of sales, we sold more copies the week after the promotion compared to the week before it. As I said, the lifespan of a product can last even for five years, especially if supported by DLCs. During those five years, the period when a game sells the most is the third year. That’s why making long-term investments make sense.
Not surprised but glad to see it being talked about. PC games have really long legs, Borderlands in particular seems like its selling better now, years later, than it did at launch.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Wow. PC is “dominating” Atelier sales in Asia. (Probably China)

That explains why Koei actually pushes PC versions of their games in Japan. Definitely sounds good for the future of Koei and Atelier on PC 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.