Community MetaSteam | June 2020 - Month Of The Seal, With Many A Deal, Throw Money With Zeal, The Wallet Will Kneel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Regarding the earlier Elder Scrolls convo, I played Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim.
Morrowind is definitely the most interesting one, though it's also the one I've spent the least time with.

Oblivion is the one I played the most and actually the only one where I completed the Main Story, it just came out at the right time for me back then. I also modded it to hell and back and had a blast [UWSL](though I may or may not have spent more hours modding the thing than actually playing the modded end result 😂 )[/UWSL]
I'm still remembering parts of some really cool side quests. The progression is totally broken though. And the streamlining compared to Morrowind definitely made it more bland (talking strictly about the progression system here - I found it cool how magic had a chance of failure if you didn't have much skill and it had more armor and I think weapon categories for example).

I also liked Skyrim a lot, though as mentioned I never finished it (in typical Bethesda fashion a main quest bugged out and made it impossible to progress further - probably could have bypassed it with the console, but it's not like it was the main draw of the game anyway so whatever). Streamlined even more though.

I mainly appreciate the games for their huge modding scene though. For example Enderal, the Skyrim total conversion, is just straight up much better than it's "blueprint", and a legit great RPG on its own too.

Looking forward to playing Nehrim sometime after I'm done with it.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
So it's almost time and after 2 years of not having a car. It looks like I might soon get another one. I finally have the money but it's also about finding one that I like.

Also just how "big" is Euro vision?

I have heard stories

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Okay, that is why I mentioned that I heard stories since it does seem that it is very popular.

Europa is a strange land

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Eurovision is so huge, it even spilled to Australia.
And why not. Australia is in the middle of Europe.

Okay, that is why I mentioned that I heard stories since it does seem that it is very popular.

Europa is a strange land
That's why we are having a contest each year to determine which country is the strangest one.

Pommes

Hey you! Have a nice day!
Jun 4, 2019
Are we talking Eurovision?
This years entry of Iceland was pretty catchy:

Sadly Eurovision was cancelled because of the virus :disappointed-face:

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
What issues are you having? Can't remember anything in specific from back when I played it
I can't close it once opened basically. Stays on but the cursor remains active in game.

I changed the shortcut binding, and if that doesn't work I'll just disable it.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Dunno where else to ask this. :thinking-face:
I've two PC hardware related quesitons
  1. I'm looking to buy some quality headphones for (non-multiplayer) gaming and movies.
    Is it necessary to buy gaming headphone or regular headphones would do me fine?
    How are the HyperX headphones? Or Samson or JBL for non-gaming side?

2. Also looking for mouse with tertiary buttons.
    I know a lot of Logitech ones are popular. Which ones are great for a lower price range? I'm not using it to play CSGO or something, just regular gaming.
    Any other non-Logitech mouse that I should also look out for?
:wd_hot:

Reactions: lashman

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Dunno where else to ask this. :thinking-face:
I've two PC hardware related quesitons
  1. I'm looking to buy some quality headphones for (non-multiplayer) gaming and movies.
    Is it necessary to buy gaming headphone or regular headphones would do me fine?
    How are the HyperX headphones? Or Samson or JBL for non-gaming side?
:wd_hot:
Literally the only headphones you will need on PC:
Koss KSC75 Review

Couple them with Amazon product if you need wireless.

Reactions: MegaApple

TheLetdown

A six-pack of letdown.
Oct 30, 2018
So... Griftlands is straight up phenomenal! I've only put in a half hour or so.

The writing is sleek, The art sleeker. The cards feel robust and have that twist/turn stomach feeling of deciding whether to defend, press the attack, or roll the dice with a buff. Quests are seemingly never straight-forward, with turns that feel interesting. Choice has a weight to it -- I debated on whether to murder a double-crosser or whether to let him live, which I got to choose by getting his health low enough in a standard battle.

I murdered him, if anyone is wondering or thinking about double-crossing me. :dmcblob:

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
So... Griftlands is straight up phenomenal! I've only put in a half hour or so.

The writing is sleek, The art sleeker. The cards feel robust and have that twist/turn stomach feeling of deciding whether to defend, press the attack, or roll the dice with a buff. Quests are seemingly never straight-forward, with turns that feel interesting. Choice has a weight to it -- I debated on whether to murder a double-crosser or whether to let him live, which I got to choose by getting his health low enough in a standard battle.

I murdered him, if anyone is wondering or thinking about double-crossing me. :dmcblob:

I read that as “murder a cross-dresser” and was extremely confused

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019

New Beta

Fix Steam chat windows sometimes not showing when activated if the chat window was created during a full-screen game

THANK GOD!

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Death Stranding is actually coming out in 2 weeks (!!). I feel like I never get the impression that PC players are looking forward to it. I've seen way more excitement for Horizon Zero Dawn, in fact.

Anyone here playing at launch?

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
Death Stranding is actually coming out in 2 weeks (!!). I feel like I never get the impression that PC players are looking forward to it. I've seen way more excitement for Horizon Zero Dawn, in fact.

I was super excited months ago, but like most things that take a long time to arrive, I'm now pretty ambivalent. Maybe if it goes on bigtime sale. Although, if there are important multiplayer elements, then it will probably be a better experience closer to launch. Meh, idk.

Reactions: yuraya

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019

That's why you should release your game simultaneously if you want to release it on multiple platform. Get the money when the hype is at the highest point, delaying it just make people lost their hype and know what's going on with the game.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I was super excited months ago, but like most things that take a long time to arrive, I'm now pretty ambivalent. Maybe if it goes on bigtime sale. Although, if there are important multiplayer elements, then it will probably be a better experience closer to launch. Meh, idk.
I believe KojiPro said all the multiplayer stuff gets reset after a certain period so it should always feel fresh. The way its designed when I played it at launch it wasn't until 2 weeks after release did you really see the multiplayer stuff effecting the world. So for people who want to experience all the ridiculous shit that game has to offer...they should probably not buy and play it until a week after release anyways 😆

Reactions: xinek

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Last day you can send a message to SEGA for their 60th Anniversary. I dunno if there's a restriction in eligibility for the prize though. Hopefully not and I win one.
I guess mine has not gone up yet, I included a photo of my boxed Shenmue 1 & 2 DC copies & wrote:
I adore SEGA! SEGA Saturn is the best console ever! Panzer Dragoon, Dragon Force, Shining Force, such engrossing worlds! But also Dreamcast & arcade, Model 2, Model 3! From Virtua Cop to Shenmue, timeless gameplay and artistic visuals! Please, publish all your oldies on PC!

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman and PC-tan

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Oh
Shit
Forgot to include it in the highlight thread

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
inXile is recruiting more people, I really want to see what they'll make in the future.
Bard's tale 4 was super good in most aspects, Wasteland 3 looks real nice too, I hope we'll see them make games with a bid budget in the years to come.
The game has very mixed reviews on Steam, interesting to have your positive input. I would also be interested to read Durante take.

I think it's EdwardTivrusky who joked about cheaters yesterday, this lowered my interest a little. Like I never played GTA5 online, but its reputation on PC doesn't give confidence.

get these:

you'll thank me later :)
It's half price on Amazon France !!!!!
I don't need a new expanse, I need a mic, I will resist :notlikethisblob:

Last edited:

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
That's why you should release your game simultaneously if you want to release it on multiple platform. Get the money when the hype is at the highest point, delaying it just make people lost their hype and know what's going on with the game.
Especially true if your games reputation doesn't hold up after the initial hype. People didn't even know anything about this game pre-release. It was the amazing new Kojima game with weird, awesome looking trailers. The mystery kept the hype going. Now that the game has been branded as "Amazon Delivery - The Game" people are more uninterested, and nobody talks about it anymore.

Reactions: PC-tan and lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.