Community MetaSteam | June 2020 - Month Of The Seal, With Many A Deal, Throw Money With Zeal, The Wallet Will Kneel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Especially true if your games reputation doesn't hold up after the initial hype. People didn't even know anything about this game pre-release. It was the amazing new Kojima game with weird, awesome looking trailers. The mystery kept the hype going. Now that the game has been branded as "Amazon Delivery - The Game" people are more uninterested, and nobody talks about it anymore.
I'm in for the weird horror bits. I will be letdown, will I ?

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
The game has very mixed reviews on Steam, interesting to have your positive input. I would also be interested to read Durante take.
I'd also be interested, I don't have one yet ;)
(Back when it was released I postponed playing it since it seemed like it had quite a few issues that would be patched)

• Toucan
Reactions: Li Kao

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
I was more hyped for DS but as time has gone on my impressions have moved from “omg yay Kojima day one” to “it’s just a walking simulator?”

I’m just going to get a used ps4 copy now; can trade it in if I don’t like it, and get the PC version on sale if I do

Reactions: ISee

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Death Stranding is actually coming out in 2 weeks (!!). I feel like I never get the impression that PC players are looking forward to it. I've seen way more excitement for Horizon Zero Dawn, in fact.

Anyone here playing at launch?

And still DS is one of the five most wislishted games on Steam at global level, above HZD (which is also climbing up quickly) but yeah, in general there's more public excitement for HZD than DS although I can safely say that I want to play both :cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob:

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Damn, I love how old school Oblivion is.

The NPC disposition is an unnecessary and yet interesting system. It's like a speech check, but you pass it with a mini game instead of character stat. Certain NPCs can also reveal nearby location(s), which makes sense considering the narrative. For example, a trader who used to be an adventurer knows some places in the area. It's so old school and refreshing unlike in modern games where you can reveal nearby locations by just buying a map or synching a tower.

I also like it that side quests are very random. Sometimes you need to find them from the rumors, and sometimes you get them by just talking to the right NPC. But the fact that you'll miss some quests in the game if you're not paying attention is such a breath of fresh air today, when games give you all the pointers to make sure that you wouldn't miss a quest, from quest mark above their heads to quest boards in each town.

With some mods installed, the is still quite a looker.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I would like a customizable launchpad for my games, sorta like consoles. Windows is trash fire at presenting your icons (partly because devs are trash fire at offering multi-dimension icons), and Big Picture would be great if you could customize to your liking (game order etc.)

Kiru

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Dunno where else to ask this. :thinking-face:
I've two PC hardware related quesitons
  1. I'm looking to buy some quality headphones for (non-multiplayer) gaming and movies.
    Is it necessary to buy gaming headphone or regular headphones would do me fine?
    How are the HyperX headphones? Or Samson or JBL for non-gaming side?

2. Also looking for mouse with tertiary buttons.
    I know a lot of Logitech ones are popular. Which ones are great for a lower price range? I'm not using it to play CSGO or something, just regular gaming.
    Any other non-Logitech mouse that I should also look out for?
:wd_hot:
get these:

you'll thank me later :)
Heard good things about the Superlux HD-681. They are essentially a copy of the AKG ones for like 20€ here in Europe. Of course the build quality isn't going to be the same for that price, and additional velour earpads seem to be a must.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
The game has very mixed reviews on Steam, interesting to have your positive input. I would also be interested to read Durante take.
Combat was absolutely top tier for a CRPG, with interesting strategic elements, deep meaningful customization of the characters and interesting itemization. But some people didn't like that it wasn't an archaic grinder with random encounters and broke-ass spells.
Music was fantastic, and the Gaelic atmosphere was lovely. But I've seen people complain about those disgusting Scots and Irish people influencing game designers (yeah that one is beyond me, but we can guess whose side they're from).
It's filled to the brim with puzzles, with a lot of variety, I've seen people complain that there's too much... and okay, they're right. It drags on, especially in the last quarter of the game when your team is pretty much completely done with the RPG systems.

Oh and it's technical mess, one of the worst running, buggy piece of junk I've played in quite some time. Yeah that one definitely would be reflected in the reviews. And rightfully so.

But I'm also the target I guess.The old bard's Tale games play like dirt today.
It's just a bunch of grinding random encounters, back in 85 CRPGs and JRPGs were one and the same.
And I have no shame to say that I hate them both equally, shit gameplay serving and even worse story. But it was the 1980's, so it's obviously hard to berate them for that... they're just hopelessly obsolete (you could try the remaster if you want, but ti's more of a curiosity than even a decent game - that's like playing Final Fantasy 1 for the first time today).
I did enjoy the DRPG aspect! Which people are also complaining about... and that's the one thing that hasn't changed so I dunno about this one.

• Love
Reactions: ISee and Li Kao
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
It's half price on Amazon France !!!!!
I don't need a new expanse, I need a mic, I will resist :notlikethisblob:

Heard good things about the Superlux HD-681. They are essentially a copy of the AKG ones for like 20€ here in Europe. Of course the build quality isn't going to be the same for that price, and additional velour earpads seem to be a must.
i'd go with the AKGs anyway .... they're absolutely amazing, worth every penny ... and pretty much indestructible, i've had mine for well over a decade now, and they still work perfectly

• Toucan

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I would like a customizable launchpad for my games, sorta like consoles. Windows is trash fire at presenting your icons (partly because devs are trash fire at offering multi-dimension icons), and Big Picture would be great if you could customize to your liking (game order etc.)
You should be able to do some things with Launchbox., especially the BigBox part of it. I think the BigBox part of Launchbox is a paid for thing only though, might be a demo.
With Launchbox it might be as simple as finding a theme you like for it and then adding some games. No idea how Steam integration works apart from I know it can do some stuff with Steam.

I only ever use Launchbox for keeping my retro emulation games in so not much help for what you want.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
If you have a Oculus/VIVE/Index (not sure if works on WMR), get

It's amazing, often feels like Hades, but in VR. Fantastic game.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Then the devs needs to tag in on the store page. Probably lots of WMR owners who haven't bought it because the store page isn't tagged with WMR.
yeah, they probably should ... works perfectly fine on WMR

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
yeah, they probably should ... works perfectly fine on WMR
Feels to me that WMR is an afterthought for many devs, maybe it will change with the new WMR headset from MS and Valve. Seems to me that devs just do Oculus/VIVE/Index support then calling it a day.

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Feels to me that WMR is an afterthought for many devs, maybe it will change with the new WMR headset from MS and Valve. Seems to me that devs just do Oculus/VIVE/Index support then calling it a day.
yeah, pretty much

and i doubt it'll change with the new HP headset either ... sadly

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Speaking of headphones, my kz ks5's are really starting to show damage. Do you know of any good IEMs that match that level of quality/price?

And I'm interested by Death Stranding, but that's because I love hiking and atmospheric games. I'm still afraid of the many unskippable cutscenes the game has, and I'm a bit baffled that Kojima of all people would do that.

Reactions: lashman

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I ended up pre-ordering Cyberpunk to make use of the sale discount..

While we're at it, can they do something about the description? Just delete a word or two. This triggers my ocd.
Hey, just thought about your post, so quote time it is, but just tangentially related.

If I put a folder as Hidden in explorer, will it cause issues when it is needed by windows or steam ?
Yeah I'm now 100% fed up of directories not created by me being put in MY Documents.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Hey, just thought about your post, so quote time it is, but just tangentially related.

If I put a folder as Hidden in explorer, will it cause issues when it is needed by windows or steam ?
Yeah I'm now 100% fed up of directories not created by me being put in MY Documents.
Shoudn't be a problem to set them as hidden, the path will still be there, you just won't be able to see they on explorer.

• Love
Reactions: Li Kao

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Oh, I thought I have zero points, but I suddenly have 31k. I never engaged with cards or gems; nor do I want to do so in the future.
Is there anything worthwhile doing with the points?

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Oh, I thought I have zero points, but I suddenly have 31k. I never engaged with cards or gems; nor do I want to do so in the future.
Is there anything worthwhile doing with the points?
The badge ?

• Love
Reactions: Milena and ISee

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I cut myself off from buying any games, besides maybe CP2077 and TLOU2 until 2020. .

Just too large of a backlog and my sub services keep throwing games at me that are really good. Blame XBGP, Epic Games and PS+.
No Bloodlines 2? 😉

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
I'm in for the weird horror bits. I will be letdown, will I ?
According to what I've heard, no you won't!
It's already been suggested, but I will second the Big Box recommendation. I think it's really fun to use, especially for games that aren't on Steam (Emulation, old PC games).

I just use another folder for personal documents since I've long come to terms that this folder reads "My Documents" from Windows perspective, so it's basically ITS Documents rather than YOUR Documents 😆

Álvaro de Campos

O nada que é tudo.
Mar 12, 2019
I still haven't bought anything, I am a bad consumer.
Probably would've if the only game I was interested in getting was actually on sale. Honestly my backlog is so stupidly huge that it's probably-
An anime card game with old-school graphics:

Well, nevermind then.

Status
Not open for further replies.