Community MetaSteam | June 2021 - Alex Kidd in Monetary Mishandling Management DX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 5, 2018

That's a good feature and more games should adopt it.

I remember something similar was implemented by Durante in one of the games he worked on.
Everyone asking about quick resume and the like from the new consoles, when I'd be happy if all games had an automatically quick load option..

But no you have to suffer a bunch of splash screens (yes on pc they can be removed from most games) just to reach a menu where you'll press the load button.

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
The fuck ? Am I still too dumb for timezones and Paris is not equal Berlin or do every fucking shows here is happening at a decent time for once in years, maybe ever ?
Man I will miss Sony with its 2 or 3 AM shows to see an old man play harmonica or some shit
/s
I guess it's a good thing Bethesda's showcase is joined with MS and not the other way around. Bethesda was the only nightly presentation I cared about but staying until 5 a.m. or so was awful.

Reactions: lashman and Li Kao

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Was there a reasonably long stream for the Guerilla Collective day 1 show I could watch ? Or are we talking several hours ?

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I'm generally :blobnoanime:, but Skies of Arcadia is one of my favorite games ever. Heck, pirate fiction might even be next to anime in the list of things I can't be bothered with. But from the Start screen I knew I was gonna love it. The music is beyond phenomenal, and very few games give off that sense of adventure right off the bat, and even fewer live up to it.

The game is kinda linear, but it leverages its open (donut) world very nicely too. I spent so much time playing it, I even loved the mini quest you played in the VMU. For animu, it's tropey but not obnoxiously so like the Tales games, or the Xeno games as a more modern example. It's just a good time top to bottom. Every day I regret selling my Dreamcast copy, but I still own Legends at least. For a while it kinda was my Christmas tradition to play it.

Which is why Queen is on THIN ICE right now with her constant teasing. 😭
The world exploration is really unique. It's so charming to find weird artifacts flying in the sky, animals living in the depths of eternal storms, interact with different cultures (with some dodgy-ass design decisions if it was remade with higher fidelity) and sail the skies.
I think it nailed what modern open worlds completely missed: a reason why a world is open, and especially justifying verticality in it. It's not uncommon for big budget games to be flat maps because the games are just glorified 2D with pretty 3D assets coming from sweatshops. Game worlds are here to fill a checkbox, not make something consistant and useful to the player.

Also in the same type of universe, I like what Granblue Fantasy could have been.
And what a joke it ended being...

• Love
Reactions: inky

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
god damn it :anguished-face:

I'm really curious what are all the games in this?

Uncharted
TLOU
GoW
?
Days Gone
Horizon
?
?
?
Ghost of Tsushima?
Death Stranding

Regardless, even this template doesn't really work, all you've shown is a bunch of 3rd person camera views.
Horizon is different to Death Stranding is different to TLOU 🤷‍♂️

Yeah you can argue TLOU/Uncharted/GoW or Days Gone/GoT/Horizon maybe but not all 11 games together

EDIT: and thanks to the posts below, how the f*ck do you say something like Until Dawn and Death Stranding are the same with a straight face??
from my point of view:

no (city) builders
no (grand) strategy
no simulations (space, air, road, farm)
no sports
no racing
no tactical RPG's, (Crpg's, turn-based JRPG's)
no multiplayer-focused shooters
no tycoon games
no visual novels
etc.

Just 3rd person "CINEMATIC EXPERIENCES"

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
god damn it :anguished-face:

I'm really curious what are all the games in this?

Uncharted
TLOU
GoW
?
Days Gone
Horizon
?
?
?
Ghost of Tsushima?
Death Stranding

Regardless, even this template doesn't really work, all you've shown is a bunch of 3rd person camera views.
Horizon is different to Death Stranding is different to TLOU 🤷‍♂️

Yeah you can argue TLOU/Uncharted/GoW or Days Gone/GoT/Horizon maybe but not all 11 games together

EDIT: and thanks to the posts below, how the f*ck do you say something like Until Dawn and Death Stranding are the same with a straight face??
Uncharted, TLOU 1, GoW, Until Dawn, Days Gone, HZD. The Order 1886, TLG, TLOU 2, GoTsushima, Death Stranding.

Reactions: AHA-Lambda

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
The fuck ? Am I still too dumb for timezones and Paris is not equal Berlin or do every fucking shows here is happening at a decent time for once in years, maybe ever ?
Man I will miss Sony with its 2 or 3 AM shows to see an old man play harmonica or some shit
/s
Paris is equal to Berlin.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Guess not day1ing Backbone (due to Rift Apart) was a good thing. Seems like it's a short game with no closure and lack of puzzles.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Uhm, no social distancing?
These people have survived multiple apocalypses, destroyed zombie outbreaks, saved the universe over and over, ended 100s of world wars, destroyed alien invasions, and rewritten the history of many worlds.

Zero fucks given about maybe getting the flu when a new graphics card is at stake. SHINIES!

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Finished Mass Effect 1 in the Legendary Edition last night, at last. Loved it and still a great game.
I did have the game crash when fighting the final confrontation but i turned off VSync and set the Frame Cap to 60 and the next attempt sailed through with no issues. I'll start Mass Effect 2 in a day or so once i've recreated the coalesce edits i made on my first playthrough back in the day.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Hey good people on MC who have Just Cause 3, I need your help to get these two achievements.

Basically, the game has leaderboard for all kinds of stats like longest distances traveled or shots fired. You can call your friend out to ask them to challenge your score, and this is basically what these two achievements are about. Anyone can go in-game and call me out? Btw, I recommend Wingsuit Wonder (longest time spent wingsuiting, under misc feats) because it is one of the easier ones to do.

Last edited:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Apparently if you canceled Humble Choice or not paid for it yet after 6 months for 6$ yoi get email that offers you another 6 months for 6$. If you paid yoi get nothing.
Do you mean that you received that offer? Because if I remember right, you paused this month, after 6 months with that $6/month deal, right?

All I got was a $2 coupon for pausing next month, but I had already paid for this month. 🙈

Edit: 🙉

Last edited:

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Store description on the left, leak from the right. It was true after all. Massive changes to the formula, not sure what to think of it, I expect vast majority of fans to be extremely angry. Also, 3 year dev time for 7 maps and no single-player seems extremely inefficient.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Store description on the left, leak from the right. It was true after all. Massive changes to the formula, not sure what to think of it, I expect vast majority of fans to be extremely angry. Also, 3 year dev time for 7 maps and no single-player seems extremely inefficient.
no campaign? that's good news - means i don't even have to consider buying it ... ever

bullet dodged, money saved

:face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Another year where i don't even look at COD or Battlefield... oh wait, i bought some Star Wars Battlefield second-hand last year so i could do the PS4 PSVR thing it had. Noooooo, my winning streak was lost and i didn't even realise. Close reset after over 10 years of no COD-Battlefield.

Curse you, VR, Curse you! ( lol )

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Another year where i don't even look at COD or Battlefield... oh wait, i bought some Star Wars Battlefield second-hand last year so i could do the PS4 PSVR thing it had. Noooooo, my winning streak was lost and i didn't even realise. Close reset after over 10 years of no COD-Battlefield.

Curse you, VR, Curse you! ( lol )

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
no campaign? that's good news - means i don't even have to consider buying it ... ever

bullet dodged, money saved

:face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat:
BF campaigns were boring as hell with the exception of Bad Company 2 and BF3, 3-6 hours or repetive boredom for 60$+. Meh.

At least CoDs campaign felt mor like actual singlepalyer story driven campaigns.

• This!
Reactions: PhaZZe
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
BF campaigns were boring as hell with the exception of Bad Company 2 and BF3, 3-6 hours or repetive boredom for 60$+. Meh.

At least CoDs campaign felt mor like actual singlepalyer story driven campaigns.
¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
There is a playtest:

SUPER hyped for Lake.

It's always been a dream of mine to see a fully fleshed out realistic sandbox world where the primary game mechanics didn't revolve around violence.

Got damn close with the killer Eastshade. Offering up gorgeous Elder Scrolls-like environments with amphomorphic NPCs to explore.

But the real kicker for me would be a traversable space as we live in now. Think Gone Home or Firewatch blown out to full open-world scale.

Always felt like GTA V was a missed opportunity with the staggering scope & detail of the lovingly-crafted world was "wasted" on tired tropes of violence, mayhem & juvenile sexual innuendo plastered all over billboards, TV, radio, etc.

Now I know there's mods for GTA V up the wazoo that can turn the game into more of a Vehicle Simulator type of game. You can be a bus/taxi driver, police/fire/rescue personnel, shipping & air traffic, etc. But man if Rockstar went to work on this incredible map to make a dedicated "authentic real life simulator" sans all the violence* and released it as DLC, that would just be insane.

*yeah, yeah, American Gun Culture is already GTA...I get it

Regardless, Lake looks to scratch that itch for grounded authenticity either way. And being set in the 80's is just icing on the cake for an aging Gen X'er such as myself to boot.

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
What a shame about Battlefield if it's true. The hero shooter thing has deflated all my hype. I'm so sick of this battle pass shit, too. Battlefield has unfortunately been one of the worst franchises for trend chasing -- constant balance changes due to forum whining, changing the entire look of a game due to whining, now desperately trying to copy what's worked for other games. They used to be innovative -- Bad Company 2 was one of the best MP experiences I've ever had. Fucking annoying.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Ha, but i was out for a decade or so. I think the last time i played COD was around the time of the Medal of Honor split and Battlefield was playing Battlefield 1942 in a mac lab at uni one night when we were rebuilding machines. So yeah, i don't think i played a single COD/MOH/Battlefield from the PS3/360 era onwards until i dabbled in PSVR last year... or the year before. I forget.

I know people who LOVE them though but for me they're just something i forget about 10 minutes after the launch date.

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019

Kinda lttp but I picked up PCBS and it's super-fun!

Only a couple hours in and I'm finding it totally has that Car Mechanic Simulator vibe going for it. Always thought PCBS was more of a low-effort "joke" game, but like CMS it's got real effort & authenticity put behind it.

Enjoying the troubleshooting aspect where much like real-life you get work-orders from people who have no idea what needs to be fixed, outside of saying "It doesn't work". I'm not the most tech-savvy individual, but troubleshooting really brings out the head-scratching puzzle solving element in me.

Email requests can be kinda funny too where you get different personality types going off on wild tangents (eg, one dude was saying he needs is rig fixed as he runs a movie-review website and then went on and on about some rando film franchise, nerding out "ackshually"s over different releases in the series).

Kinda amazed how many real parts manufactures got on board with this release (like close to 50 I think?). So all the components are named & modeled after their real-world counterparts. Guess I can finally get my hands on a GTX 3090, just not how I imagined, lol.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
SUPER hyped for Lake.

It's always been a dream of mine to see a fully fleshed out realistic sandbox world where the primary game mechanics didn't revolve around violence.

Got damn close with the killer Eastshade. Offering up gorgeous Elder Scrolls-like environments with amphomorphic NPCs to explore.

But the real kicker for me would be a traversable space as we live in now. Think Gone Home or Firewatch blown out to full open-world scale.

Always felt like GTA V was a missed opportunity with the staggering scope & detail of the lovingly-crafted world was "wasted" on tired tropes of violence, mayhem & juvenile sexual innuendo plastered all over billboards, TV, radio, etc.

Now I know there's mods for GTA V up the wazoo that can turn the game into more of a Vehicle Simulator type of game. You can be a bus/taxi driver, police/fire/rescue personnel, shipping & air traffic, etc. But man if Rockstar went to work on this incredible map to make a dedicated "authentic real life simulator" sans all the violence* and released it as DLC, that would just be insane.

*yeah, yeah, American Gun Culture is already GTA...I get it

Regardless, Lake looks to scratch that itch for grounded authenticity either way. And being set in the 80's is just icing on the cake for an aging Gen X'er such as myself to boot.
Eastshade is amazing, it reminds me of Morrowind in many ways. I'm quite excited about Lake as well! I do love RDR2 in that respect. Cynicism and the writer's bile is turned way down compared to GTA to begin with. Then there's just so much you can do in the world. True, a lot of it revolves around killing but there's also a lot of exploring and just being there that few games capture. BOTW also comes to mind.

Reactions: Aaron D.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I had access to the first Lake playtest but unfortunately it didnt work for me, it got stuck on loading screens. The first one I was able to skip, the second one ...not so much.

I also have access to this Lake playtest aaaaand... it still has those same problems. I hope they fix it so I can actually play-test it. Premise is cool indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.