Community MetaSteam | June 2021 - Alex Kidd in Monetary Mishandling Management DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
crimsonheadGCN I had a quick google and it looks like there was a bit of a mess going on.
Subreddit Drama had a thread:

Then RedditGifts was going to be shutdown this year:

But now it's back...

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Damn, beat me to it :p.
Every time you believe that their PC port efforts are as shit as you can get, Koei-Tecmo manages to go one lower.

The fact that they are apparently still successful is a bit of a bummer when you are spending several work-days in QA fixing issues that occur due to the combination of the support for ultrawide aspect ratios and supersampling that you implemented.
I think that you are in a particular circle of hell when you are the one having to fix their half-assed effort.
Notice: No More Heroes requires a controller in order to play. Playing with a keyboard and mouse isn't supported.

???????????????:disapproval-blob:
That gets a big old "fuck you, then" from me as someone who can't have a controller due to space and backpack requirements. Also, PC player.

Also, that BF trailer was nice and it will probably be fun to play once all the DLC have been discounted but I can't help they've kind of... I don't know. BF:BC2 and BF3 had those marketing campaigns that both had that more gameplay-oriented aspect that made them truly look awesome, and a proper soundtrack. I could barely recognize the BF theme between the Tenet-alike phrases.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Pretty interesting analysis for a game launching on Steam. Also a rare glimpse at a multi store launch platform split:

“From launch day - May 13th - until the end of May we sold 12,500 copies: 89.5% of them on Steam, and 10.5% on other stores combined (EGS, GOG, Stadia, Itch). The top 3 countries for the game are US, China and Germany ... we are super happy with the result.”

Ganado

¡Detrás de tí, imbécil!
Nov 6, 2018
Not to throw Engine Software under the bus, but NMH PC being a bit crap while their other ventures with a certain fellow board member are great makes me think about who's doing the heavy work. Shame though.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

Pretty interesting analysis for a game launching on Steam. Also a rare glimpse at a multi store launch platform split:
Pretty much the same pattern as we saw with other examples (unfortunately not so many are public AFAIK)

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I kinda like Weezer, but they are really hit and miss. Sometimes they will release some neat tracks on albums, sometimes they will release just...well, not so good stuff. And they have been that way pretty much since forever, even on the first few albums there are some tracks where I'd just say "meh"
The Green Album however was pretty good

~

in browser news, Vivaldi now has a built-in calendar, mail client and RSS feed reader :D

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
Reactions: LEANIJA

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
very gaming related question

i'm starting soon at college, anyone else here taken informatics or programming bachelors?
any stuff you guys want to share, some things you wished you knew

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018

Dinjoralo

Dec 6, 2018
very gaming related question

i'm starting soon at college, anyone else here taken informatics or programming bachelors?
any stuff you guys want to share, some things you wished you knew
I took a programming bachelor. It drills in the kind of mindset you need for programming, but the actual surface-level lessons aren't going to be useful. Most of my learning was trial-by-fire after I got hired. The skills were useful, but nobody's looking for C++ experience, for example, and you can't put that you have programmer-brain on your resume.
Granted. my university was kinda crap. They literally had a time where they were getting calls from all the companies who hired bio graduates, because none of them knew anything practical.

Reactions: lashman

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020

I have no direct insider knowledge, but this sales split matches what I have heard of other simultaneous PC store releases. EGS is around GOG level of sales in terms of simultaneous store releases and that it seems like EGS has cut more into GOGs sales then Steams. Again, I have only heard indirect information. It lines up with what other things have been shown though.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Keighley: "And now, an update on a title you've all been waiting for, from FromSoftware's Hidetaka Miyazaki."

Miyazaki: "Owing to the pandemic and the past year of violence and mass protests around the world, we feel that a dark, violent fantasy adventure is no longer in tune with the games we wish to create, and we have made the difficult decision to end development on Elden Ring in favor of refocusing our efforts on fun and lighthearted games the entire family can enjoy. Please enjoy the following trailer for Adventures of Cookie & Cream 2, coming next year to consoles, Stadia, and the Epic Games Store."

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
  • This!
Reactions: Li Kao and lashman

Dinjoralo

Dec 6, 2018
Yeah, the NMH ports seem fine enough on my end. Lots of stuttering, but that gets fixed with either RTSS or setting the framerate cap to 60 in your drivers.
It's capped to 60, but meh, what can you do with Wii-era source code.
The MSAA option is completely broken, though. It messes with the full-screen bloom that's going on and makes it look super low-res, it's absolutely awful in motion.

DeejayDoom

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
Notice how 1 only has the deluxe version, 2 doesn't have a price and 3 is for the normal version. They're so funny.

Reactions: Arsene

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018

Starting today, friends lists from different territories will be merged into one*, so you’ll no longer need to switch regions in Battle.net to talk to your buddies on the other side of the planet.
Better late than never I suppose

Additionally

Ninja Gaiden's New PC Port Is One Of The Laziest I Have Ever Seen

The “camera settings” is just inverting, and “screen settings” are gamma correction. That’s it.
:surrenderblob:

Nzyme

Time to get Fit
Sep 19, 2018
Ninja Gaiden PC Port Fix

If you have a gsync/freesync high refresh rate display (ie higher than 60hz), the game will be broken and run at 35-45fps at any resolution, unless you are not focused on the window, which prevents you from playing the game.
The FIX - get in control panel and set the game to be at fixed refresh rate, without gsync, then also set your display refresh to 60hz. This seems the only way I've found to get flawless 60hz and avoid this issue. There is probably a more elegant solution.

Anyway, after the fix, since the game runs flawlessly, I'm fine enough with this shity port. I would normally never buy such a port, but, I have time off soon and I have a lot of nostalgia for Ninja Gaiden 1, so I will count myself unluckily lucky

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Ninja Gaiden PC Port Fix

If you have a gsync/freesync high refresh rate display (ie higher than 60hz), the game will be broken and run at 35-45fps at any resolution, unless you are not focused on the window, which prevents you from playing the game.
The FIX - get in control panel and set the game to be at fixed refresh rate, without gsync, then also set your display refresh to 60hz. This seems the only way I've found to get flawless 60hz and avoid this issue. There is probably a more elegant solution.

Anyway, after the fix, since the game runs flawlessly, I'm fine enough with this shity port. I would normally never buy such a port, but, I have time off soon and I have a lot of nostalgia for Ninja Gaiden 1, so I will count myself unluckily lucky
I'm glad to know that at least the game works.

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018

Wow, I save $98!? Huh, you only save $62 with the Deluxe Edition. Why are the deluxe editions separately cheaper? Is this an ARG? Why is this a bundle when they all offer the same product? What am I looking at?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.