Community MetaSteam | March 2019 - The Core Values of One-Handed Fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Tempted to get ride 2 from a game shop nesrby for $6 but ya never know if itd show up in a bundle....and i have been waiting years dor that :v

Reactions: lashman

Deleted member 113

Hitman 2 schedule for March:

Besides elusive targets, and a new challenge pack, owners of the Expansion Pass 1 are also getting a new sniper assassin map.

TheGreenArrow

Ask me about my podcast damn it
Nov 20, 2018
www.thecellarletters.com
Does anyone remember that procedurally generated Rainbow Six Siege-like game that was announced a few years ago?
I believe it let you plan out the round ahead of time by drawing markers on the map or something like that?

I think it was kind of cartoony looking? Like fortnite

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Are you sure you're not thinking of Rico (I wouldn't liken it to Rainbow Six style realistic and methodical tactical play but the rest features roughly check out)?

Deleted member 113

12 games for 1.4€ (or less if you own some). Dunno if any good tho.
There are games there that are well worth that price, although many have been frequently bundled in the past.

Finding Teddy and Mechanic Escape are very enjoyable.

Deleted member 113

What an awesome deal!

Because I own several games already of the following bundle
I managed to buy Yono and the Celestial Elephants (which I wanted) + Bombslinger for just 2,70€.

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
I don't necessarily love the layout of Steam's store pages for games. But conversely, does anyone actually like the way EGS's store pages are laid out?

It just reeks to me of this modern, late 2010s "white space" design, and I hate that this white-space design has taken over everything. There's tons of unused space, and there's no info on the damn page!

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Yeah, all of those bundles just point me to the store page.

Fake Edit: Ah ok.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Meh, just let every launcher make a game shortcut and make a folder for all those, you can also put that folder on a toolbar which will make a nice pop up list similar to Steam's small view which I like, or you can put them somewhere on your start bar for a nice consistent look without actually getting additional software or feeding your login info anywhere else or whatever (these shortcuts launch the launcher and game usually).

Or add your games to Steam since the vast majority of your library is gonna be there. that way it will also work with potential custom pad settings you use.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Finished the first Assassin's Creed today. The game felt old, so many bugs and controls were bad.

I don't know what to play now. Maybe I should play EDF 4.1. I had so many other games planned to play, but I forgot which

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
@Ascheroth
I set SMAA only but EDF 4.1 crashes on start up :S I get a white screen then the game shuts down.
What's causing this? What can I change in SMAA.fx so that I could resolve this issue?

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
This is wild.

Truly, Steam is the one dropping the ball on covering new games.
If I had to guess, this is actually due to the singularity mass of PUBG followed by Fortnite, as well as the surge of streamers trying to get bigger. Basically everyone was jumping on those two games or sponsored / hyped AAA releases to maintain / grow their fanbase. And the majority of viewers clearly wanted to see PUBG then Fortnite. Plus you have staple "1-game" games like League, Dota, Hearthstone, where those streamers basically never deviated anyway, and those all held relatively steady.

Edit: I also don't think this really has anything to do with devs/pubs not pushing their games to influencers. The influencers rely on their viewers for their food basically so they're always going to jump on the statistically biggest thing if they are worried about anything. Also games-as-a-service are saturating the market and tend to isolate players' time even more.

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
If I had to guess, this is actually due to the singularity mass of PUBG followed by Fortnite, as well as the surge of streamers trying to get bigger. Basically everyone was jumping on those two games or sponsored / hyped AAA releases to maintain / grow their fanbase. And the majority of viewers clearly wanted to see PUBG then Fortnite. Plus you have staple "1-game" games like League, Dota, Hearthstone, where those streamers basically never deviated anyway, and those all held relatively steady.

Edit: I also don't think this really has anything to do with devs/pubs not pushing their games to influencers. The influencers rely on their viewers for their food basically so they're always going to jump on the statistically biggest thing if they are worried about anything. Also games-as-a-service are saturating the market and tend to isolate players' time even more.
The numbers apparently show that of the Top 100 gaming channels something like 43 transitioned to being almost wholly Fortnite channels, so yes that's exactly what happened last year.

So I'm not saying the devs aren't pushing the games to influencers, I'm sure they're trying. I'm just pointing out that the influencer landscape has homogenized itself even more over the past year (which we already kind of guessed anyways).

GaaS rules the market which means players have time for little else; influencers are so large and known that they actually command followings now, but loyalty to them usually only extends to them playing their one signature game; and as a result there's less discovery than ever going on at the highest levels of "influencers." If you watched a channel in 2016-17 that was made up of "variety" streams, there's a significant chance that streamer is no longer a variety streamer, and now a mono-streamer.

Anyways, my point wasn't anything grand anyways. I'm just saying the constant whining after Valve for not pushing indie games is a little bit stupid when the entire industry has moved towards homogenization around evergreen GaaS titles.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Moving to a new place soon, like within the next 24 days. I think my time here and pretty much everywhere else on the net will be cut quite short for the remainder of March as I pack,relocate things, and go through all the other steps involved with moving . Might even be a couple days towards the end where I'm without internet period as I wait for the new hookup.

Not quite sure I'll be beating 3 games this month sadly, but priorities and all that I guess. o_O

On the bright time, maybe by the time I settle into new place LEFT ALIVE will have a patch or two! \o/

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
ah yes, the way our ancestors used to live

the horror ... THE HORROR!!!
It's kinda scary to think how much we've become dependent on it. It always feels weird when you can't just turn around google something whenever you're stumped lol. Or just say hi to friends across the world. I'll never get used to not having it. o_O

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
It's kinda scary to think how much we've become dependent on it. It always feels weird when you can't just turn around google something whenever you're stumped lol. Or just say hi to friends across the world. I'll never get used to not having it. o_O
i know, right? same ... it's WAY too useful to not have it :p

Adnor

Tetris Hell
Dec 11, 2018
Now that Capcom delivered with RE2 and DMC5 we need a new Dragon's Dogma game.

And a new Mega Man Legends someone help Mega Man leave the goddamn moon already!

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Now that Capcom delivered with RE2 and DMC5 we need a new Dragon's Dogma game.

And a new Mega Man Legends someone help Mega Man leave the goddamn moon already!
new DD is apparently coming (as in: they're already working on it)

so there's that :)

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Wonder if DD2 will be a PS5 game, it's probably gonna be years before we see it

damn, RE engine on next gen hardwares....
yup, it's gonna be a while before DD2 is out

---

guess the steam version is only a matter of time now

Last edited:
Reactions: Deku and dummmyy

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
@Ascheroth
I set SMAA only but EDF 4.1 crashes on start up :S I get a white screen then the game shuts down.
What's causing this? What can I change in SMAA.fx so that I could resolve this issue?
Hmm. Never had this happen to me :/
Do you have RTSS or some other overlay program or something that hooks into the process running? Maybe something like that is interfering with Reshade and crashing the game as a result.
I doubt the shader itself is at fault.

I found this after some googling in the Deus Ex Steam forums: Crash on startup FIX + ReShade not working FIX for Win10 :: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™ General Discussions

First, you click Play in your library, Steam states "Running", nothing happens. Look for your gamedirectory, right click the executable, select compatibility mode for Win8, voila, works.

Second, you want to use ReShade (a postprocess injector) and your game runs fine without it but with it installed, your game crashes on load (same as above): your injector dll needs to be renamed to d3d11.dll (auto-install usually uses dxgi.dll which does not work in this case) AND you additionally need to run the game in compatibility mode for Win8. Voila, works.

Compatibility mode for Win8 also fixes if your game crashes on load (not while playing mind you) and your Deus Ex log (under documents/Deus Ex - Mankind Divided) has errors listed like:

NvAPI_Mosaic_GetDisplayViewportsByResolution() failed
Nvidia Modified W support not detected
Someone mentioned in the comments that this seems to work for every game. (I think the dxgi.dll renaming part might be of particular interest for you).
Might be worth a shot.

guess the steam version is only a matter of time now
Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.