Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Anyone played PikuNiku?
Once i complete a game or two i'm considering getting it and Hypnospace Outlaw but i haven't seen much about it.
i have ... for like 2h ... haven't finished yet, but it's really good! :)

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I've also noticed that Endless Space is on sale on Steam, it's been on my wishlist for donkey's years and i might have to finally pick it up and backlog it, lol.
Either that or Endless Space 2, anyone have a preference for either or a list of must-have DLC? I'm also keeping an eye on Stellaris as i love giving up on Paradox games.

Bayo is only £4 too, might triple dip.

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I've also noticed that Endless Space is on sale on Steam, it's been on my wishlist for donkey's years and i might have to finally pick it up and backlog it, lol.
Either that or Endless Space 2, anyone have a preference for either or a list of must-have DLC? I'm also keeping an eye on Stellaris as i love giving up on Paradox games.

Bayo is only £4 too, might triple dip.
if you have the money to buy ES2 - you don't really need the first one :p just get ES2 and as many of the expansions as you can afford - they're all universally good

same goes for Stellaris :)

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Debating if I should pick Football Manager 19 or wait for a possible 50% in late April / early May. Workers & Resources also launches in two hour and I'm kinda looking forward to that one, hm.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Dammit! I'd added Endless Space 1 & Disharmony for £1.49 but now i'll go backand check what Endless Space 2 works out at.

Also... Not an endorsement but i'd forgotten about this one. Not my bag at the moment but it looks neat.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
My plan for this weekend will be completing the EDF solo missions. I've just reached 70.
And boy, are things getting crazier and crazier, I love it.
Like, that one mission where the EDF had a bunch of 50 meter big GIANT FUCKING ROBOTS punching the shit out of equally big Kaijuus.
Or that one mission where you fight against a 300 meter big mothership. Which transforms into a 300 meter big GIANT FUCKING ROBOT!
:wd_rainbow:

Will continue playing multiplayer as well though, Air Raider isn't really that great solo, but it has so many cool vehicles.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Like, that one mission where the EDF had a bunch of 50 meter big GIANT FUCKING ROBOTS punching the shit out of equally big Kaijuus.
Or that one mission where you fight against a 300 meter big mothership. Which transforms into a 300 meter big GIANT FUCKING ROBOT!
yup, sounds like EDF alright :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Deleted member 113

Well, refund submitted for Phoenix Point. I have been working late, so I only ended up applying for my refund today.
They really made sure to place that refund form as hidden as possible.

I loved that the form started with:
«Please give careful consideration before requesting a refund. Once submitted, this cannot be cancelled, and you will no longer be able to claim your 1 year of free DLC with a future purchase, or your Steam/GOG keys after the 1 year Epic exclusivity period»

Yeah, I gave it as careful consideration as they did, when they pulled this move. ;)
If they had a different approach to things, I could have re-considered. But after Julian Gollop had the gall to go on places like Eurogamer minimizing backers indignation, and saying basically that it's a small number of people, who won't have any impact by the time the game launches, he is "dead" to me. I'll be damned if I ever support any of his efforts.

There are a few games I helped crowdfund that I'm seriously expecting to go next: Shenmue 3 (because of publisher Deep Silver, and because it's the kind of game I expect that developers would be attracted by the guaranteed revenue), Bloodstained (because they dropped Mac and Linux support recently, and publisher 505 Games is the kind of publisher willing to do anything for a quick buck), and Knights And Bikes (because it's published by Double Fine, a company I expect to be announced as an EGS supporter soon).
Despite being big games, from developers I like or franchises that I love, I'll refund them all if they pull a Phoenix Point. With no hesitation.

As a bit of a joke, on Tuesday, when that announcement for Phoenix Point got out, I went to have dinner with my girlfriend and mentioned what happened, and mentioned I was going to refund my money. Then I mentioned "what's worse is that Shenmue 3 and the new game from the guy that made the Castlevania games that I liked are likely next".
Since she knows I'm crazy for the Shenmue series, she immediately asked me: "how much did you back Shenmue 3 for"? I said $250+.
She then told me: "Do you have to wait for an exclusivity announcement? Can't you ask for a refund right away?". :p
So, she clearly considers it money well spent. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Well, refund submitted for Phoenix Point. I have been working late, so I only ended up applying for my refund today.
They really made sure to place that refund form as hidden as possible.

I loved that the form started with:
«Please give careful consideration before requesting a refund. Once submitted, this cannot be cancelled, and you will no longer be able to claim your 1 year of free DLC with a future purchase, or your Steam/GOG keys after the 1 year Epic exclusivity period»

Yeah, I gave it as careful consideration as they did, when they pulled this move. ;)
If they had a different approach to things, I could have re-considered. But after Julian Gollop had the gall to go on places like Eurogamer minimizing backers indignation, and saying basically that it's a small number of people, who won't have any impact by the time the game launches, he is "dead" to me. I'll be damned if I ever support any of this efforts.

There are a few games I helped crowdfund that I'm seriously expecting to go next: Shenmue 3 (because of publisher Deep Silver, and because it's the kind of game I expect that developers would be attracted by the guarantee revenue), Bloodstained (because they dropped Mac and Linux support recently, and publisher 505 Games is the kind of publisher willing to do anything for a quick buck), and Knights And Bikes (because it's published by Double Fine, a company I expect to be announced as an EGS supporter soon).
Despite being big games, from developers I like or franchises that I love, I'll refund them all if they pull a Phoenix Point. With no hesitation.

As a bit of a joke, on Tuesday, when that announcement for Phoenix Point got out, I went to have dinner with my girlfriend and mentioned what happened, and mentioned I was going to refund my money. Then I mentioned "what's worse is that Shenmue 3 and the new game from the guy that made the Castlevania games that I liked are likely next".
Since she knows I'm crazy for the Shenmue series, she immediately asked me: "how much did you back Shenmue 3 for"? I said $250+.
She then told me: "Do you have to wait for an exclusivity announcement? Can't you ask for a refund right away?". :p
So, she clearly considers it money well spent. :D
Speaking of Double Fine, if Psychonauts 2 goes Epic exclusive I'm refunding the shit out of my backing. Not only that, but I'll lose respect for Tim Schafer forever. I sincerely hope it doesn't happen.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Speaking of Double Fine, if Psychonauts 2 goes Epic exclusive I'm refunding the shit out of my backing. Not only that, but I'll lose respect for Tim Schafer forever. I sincerely hope it doesn't happen.
i backed Shenmue, Bloodstained and Psychonauts ...

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Deleted member 113

i backed Shenmue, Bloodstained and Psychonauts ...
Me too. I mentioned the other two above, but I also backed Psychonauts 2. ;)

Would y'all please stop talking about Shenmue 3 going EGS exclusive? It's upsetting me! :cryblob:
Sorry. :(
I didn't mean to upset you or any fellow Shenmue fans. As I mentioned, I'm crazy about the Shenmue series as well.
But, even before Phoenix Point, I honestly expected Epic to chase a few popular crowdfunded games, and Shenmue 3 and Bloodstained are the most likely targets. Both use the Unreal engine, and both are being published by companies who wouldn't hesitate to take an exclusivity deal.
The only question is if they will honour backer requests, and supply the promised keys, or if they are pulling a dick move Phoenix Point.

I would not refund Shenmue if it were exclusive to Epic Store.

I would expect a Steam key on day 1 though. Not 1 year later.
Yeah, I'm a reasonable guy. I could live without a Steam key. If they supply me with a digital download (or, if my physical copy is DRM free, since I'm getting more than one copy), and I can play the game on day one without using the Epic store in any way, I would keep my backing.
If they tell me I'm getting a Steam key in Summer 2020, and for launch it's Epic or nothing, I will not hesitate refunding.
And I'll tell you more, I would sell my rare Shenmue items. It would be the day the series would be dead to me.

As for Bloodstained, since I'm getting two copies, I'm supposed to get both a digital Steam key, and a physical copy with a GOG key.
If I get neither, nor a DRM-free copy, and they try to replace them with Epic keys, it would also mean a few hundred dollars more in my pocket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Wok and lashman

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Shenmue and Psychonauts. Two of my all the favourite games. Didn't back them though, well because I couldn't.T_T

I know I've been pessimistic but I can't fully believe they would go exclusive, they feel too big for that. One could argue metro was big but I would argue it wasn't as big of a game as those two. Not even The Division 2 is that big.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Come on man, Shenmue and Psychonauts are super niche, nothing big about them compared to AAA mainstream like Division 2 :p

And I'll not touch Division 2 with a 10 foot pole but play the shit out of Shenmue3 (if not exclusive), just saying.

Idk how Metro is selling on EGS but if it had been on Steam I'm sure it'd sell a lot more than Shenmue.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Come on man, Shenmue3 and Psychonauts are super niche, nothing big about them compared to AAA mainstream like Division 2 :p

And I'll not touch Division 2 with a 10 foot pole but play the shit out of Shenmue3 (if not exclusive), just saying.
I'm not talking sales but the amount of die hard fans. Like I'm sure both those games are in more top ten lists than division.:p

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Well the amount of fans should translate to sales. Maybe a small amount of far more vocal and starved fans.

More hardcore fans. Not more fans. It'd certainly be a risk to piss off said small amount. But when Epic's footing the bill you might be willing to.

Deleted member 113

Shenmue and Psychonauts. Two of my all the favourite games. Didn't back them though, well because I couldn't.T_T

I know I've been pessimistic but I can't fully believe they would go exclusive, they feel too big for that. One could argue metro was big but I would argue it wasn't as big of a game as those two. Not even The Division 2 is that big.
Hopefully you are right. :)

But Double Fine is always struggling, and their publisher for Psychonauts is in a bad place.
And Shenmue 3 is published by Deep Silver, and I can easily see how a guaranteed revenue would be appealing, considering it's a sequel long after the original games. No doubt the series has a passionate fan base (I'm one of them), but for mainstream gamers, it's not a name that means a lot.

Deleted member 113

Epic Games deny Store software spying accusations

Didn't see anyone linking this. Read it. Seriously. What the fuck has happened to my once beloved RPS?
The coverage that places like PCGamer, RPS, Eurogamer, Polygon, PCGamesN and more has been truly appalling.
I'm not even upset about this one. But the ones for Phoenix Point were something.

Julian Gollop started a new studio, and crowdfunded both of his games. He sold a certain vision, and among the things he mentioned when trying to get money from fans of his work was to keep his independence, to grow his studio, and to bypass publishers and any dependence of them.
Then, after this, he pulls that move. The game is DRM-free, and he has a platform already to distribute the backer builds (I already played several), but with what he proposed, you either go for the Epic client, or you won't play on day one. It's a DRM-free game, but he won't even supply backers with a download, outside of the Epic client.
These websites, instead of defending, or at least have some empathy for the people who spend their hard earned money supporting a beloved creator, decided instead that the people upset about this move are "Steam fanboys" who are attacking poor Julian and Epic, and that this is a great deal for everyone. I really have no words.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

The first component of Beyond we are announcing today is No Man’s Sky Online.

No Man’s Sky Online includes a radical new social and multiplayer experience which empowers players everywhere in the universe to meet and play together. Whilst this brings people together like never before, and has many recognisable online elements, we don’t consider No Man’s Sky to be an MMO – it won’t require a subscription, won’t contain microtransactions, and will be free for all existing players.
I really don't like this game, I've been trying it after every major update and it never clicks, plus I hated how they went about its initial launch.

But I can't help but feel pleased with seeing this kind of long term support.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Can't wait to see what's in that No Man's Sky update. It's been my podcast game since launch and i keep coming back to it to pootle about aimlessly.
Fun fact: I've never given a rat's ass about the multiplayer stuff and the first thing i do is take my instance offline so selfishly i'm hoping for more Solo stuff.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Can't wait to see what's in that No Man's Sky update. It's been my podcast game since launch and i keep coming back to it to pootle about aimlessly.
Fun fact: I've never given a rat's ass about the multiplayer stuff and the first thing i do is take my instance offline so selfishly i'm hoping for more Solo stuff.
how selfish ... shame on you! smh

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
damn ... i wish my wishlist only had 100 games on it :p

.... and I get lost on my wishlist of 168 games.

Speaking of wishlists, Valve could really implement something about organizing them. Categories, tags, brief annotations... anything so I can remember why the hell I put that one game on the list. Was a random post somewhere that just grabbed my attention? One of the several games people here recommend that I have to add? A video somewhere? And after that, was one of the games I though to myself "I should get this when is something like -33%" or a "-75% minimum". Of course I could have a spreadsheet somewhere with that info, but I'm lazy.

Reactions: RionaaM and lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
.... and I get lost on my wishlist of 168 games.

Speaking of wishlists, Valve could really implement something about organizing them. Categories, tags, brief annotations... anything so I can remember why the hell I put that one game on the list. Was a random post somewhere that just grabbed my attention? One of the several games people here recommend that I have to add? A video somewhere? And after that, was one of the games I though to myself "I should get this when is something like -33%" or a "-75% minimum". Of course I could have a spreadsheet somewhere with that info, but I'm lazy.
i know it's not a replacement for volvo implementing it natively ... but if you use augmented steam - you can add notes to wishilist items

Reactions: Wok and Digoman

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Epic Games deny Store software spying accusations

Didn't see anyone linking this. Read it. Seriously. What the fuck has happened to my once beloved RPS? They're openly mocking people digging and looking for securtiy/privacy flaws. Must be conspiracy nuts because those concerns are totally unfounded in this day and age, right?
That article is a fucking joke. It baffles my mind that someone wrote that and considered it OK for publishing.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
i know it's not a replacement for volvo implementing it natively ... but if you use augmented steam - you can add notes to wishilist items
Forgot about that. I don't really like to use it too much because it never felt right to give an extension so much access to a site that where I have so much "monetary value" invested, but recently I'm really missing this feature since with all the Epic drama I'm trying to either buy or at least keep an eye on several smaller games. Thanks for the reminder.

ramoisdead

MetaMember
Nov 5, 2018
Observation, the upcoming game from No Code and Devolver, has been scrubbed from the Steamdb.

Either Devolver accepted a moneyhat, which I just can't see them doing, or Devolver isn't publishing the game anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.