Community MetaSteam | May 2021 - Wallets Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Is the actual game of Days Gone any good? Seems like it's not really remembered fondly compared to most other big Sony games.

Valhalla DLC is pretty much more of a good thing, so I'm pretty happy with it so far.
From my understanding and to serve as a comparison.

At launch on PS4 Death Stranding did not seem to be very "popular" and some of that has to do with the gameplay not being what people expected. Overall it seems that people did like the story and thought that if Death Stranding was just the cutscenes that it would be "good".

Meanwhile Days Gone was sort of the opposite, people seemed to like the gameplay a lot more but the actual story was rather dull compared to other Sony games. And like Dragon1893 mentioned it did launch in a rough state on PS4 with bugs and stuff but it did get patches and stuff and even got a PS5 "patch" as well.

Reactions: PARANOiA

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Is the actual game of Days Gone any good? Seems like it's not really remembered fondly compared to most other big Sony games.

Valhalla DLC is pretty much more of a good thing, so I'm pretty happy with it so far.
I'll add to the voices on here. I really really enjoyed it, but I am also the sort who looks at a game and will know immediately if it will suit me, and this one had the open world, the zombies, great graphics and atmosphere. The biggest issue was the length as it is a lot longer than you will imagine and also I played on the base PS4 so the performance was shocking (heard they released patches which helped but didn't totally fix it). Will definitely get it again on PC in the future.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia

It's one of those games which the fans would go "Just wait until you past x point/hours, it'll get better".

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
This. Sick of having to use mods for the PS buttons.
Only great games like the Trails of Cold Steel series support this stuff out of the box. (Thanks Durante )

It's a damn shame more games don't do this natively or with some easy launcher option or something.

• This!
Reactions: xinek

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I was thinking of buying Days Gone but seeing how I would likely only play it for less than an hour and how there is no pre-order incentive that there is not really a point at buying it at launch for me. Maybe during a Steam sale or something.

Reactions: ExistentialThought

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Days Gone is global top seller 3 on Steam.
Meanwhile it's only #14 in the top selling list on EGS (until they manually put it at #1 of course). Let's hope this motivates Sony to reject Epic's moneyhats for their future games as well.

Reactions: LEANIJA

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I hope it does well, but not sure considering it seems to have been one of the least wanted PS exclusives among PC people.
And yet it's probably the one that will sell the most from the ones available at the moment as Zombie genre on PC is a juggernaut.

Meanwhile it's only #14 in the top selling list on EGS (until they manually put it at #1 of course). Let's hope this motivates Sony to reject Epic's moneyhats for their future games as well.
We don't know what's the density from #1, #14 or #25, it could very well be 10, 10k or 10M but as they won't say a thing, well, we don't know haha
tl;dr it doesn't really matter as we don't know what every place means in terms of copies. :coffee-blob:

Reactions: Ge0force

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Sometimes I wish I would value my time more. Or had not a compulsion to finish games I started. Torchlight 3 is incredibly mediocre so far. Nothing it tries does it for me sadly. Though I am questioning now why I even picked it up in the first place since I wasn'ta big fan of Torchlight 2 either.

Gamall Wednesday Ida

Just a loon, apparently.
Dec 4, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
Re Enderal:
Kinda ridiculous that this bug has been there unfixed for 4 years. You should post about it on steam forums to let the developers know ;)
They used to have a bug tracker, but the current patch is marked as the final one. [...]
Erratum: the original SureAI team has indeed moved on, but the Steam packager has not; the last patch came out on the 9th of May, and does include a bunch of fixes.

Apparently for reporting bugs they have one of those Discord thingies.

On an unrelated note, the Steam packager said this in another thread:
SureAI is currently working on their own game that runs on the Unreal Engine that is unrealted to the Vyn universe and won't be a classic RPG: It shuld be announced during the year.
I'm glad to learn about UE, but the bolded words crush my soul and grind it into a fine, icy dust. :cryblob:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Yesterday was insomnia !

So I started Destroy All Humans on gamepass and... it’s very mediocre. I can’t hate it, the chara design is nice, the humor is funny sometimes, the game does just enough for me to not hate it at all and continue playing.
But talk about missed opportunities. The game barely has a plot and writing (good !) but the alien leader can’t shut his trap for one fucking minute. Side activities are limited, and mission design is far too rigid for now. I don’t want emergent gameplay or whatever, but those maps scream ‘let’s fool around in this little sandbox’ while the missions are too often time trials or very specific goals.

Again, I can’t hate it and will continue playing. I just hoped for that little something and it’s not there.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Days Gone is nice to have on PC but....This is not the bee's knee.
If Queen's list is anywhere near true we should be getting some true masterpieces in the future.
I'm curious about the Uncharted game she mentioned. Is it only the collection comprising the first three games or a new one with 4 included ?
It would be strange in 2021-2022 to release a "Nathan Drake" collection on Steam without the last numbered entry.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Days Gone is nice to have on PC but....This is not the bee's knee.
If Queen's list is anywhere near true we should be getting some true masterpieces in the future.
I'm curious about the Uncharted game she mentioned. Is it only the collection comprising the first three games or a new one with 4 included ?
It would be strange in 2021-2022 to release a "Nathan Drake" collection on Steam without the last numbered entry.
But again, why can't we enjoy Days Gone? sure it's not the biggest release of all time nor the one people were asking for but surely is the one that a lot of us will enjoy at this moment :crying-face:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Yeah, Day's Gone is a solid game from what i've seen and fits the PC gaming sphere really well. It's a slow starter but everyone i've seen play it has enjoyed it once it opens up.
I'm more interested in Day's gone than Uncharted to be honest and i doubt Sony would release all four Uncharted games. I'd expect them to release 1-3 as a trilogy on PC and leave Uncharted 4 on Playstation for the moment ( as fantomena said ).

Reactions: ExistentialThought

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Yesterday was insomnia !

So I started Destroy All Humans on gamepass and... it’s very mediocre. I can’t hate it, the chara design is nice, the humor is funny sometimes, the game does just enough for me to not hate it at all and continue playing.
But talk about missed opportunities. The game barely has a plot and writing (good !) but the alien leader can’t shut his trap for one fucking minute. Side activities are limited, and mission design is far too rigid for now. I don’t want emergent gameplay or whatever, but those maps scream ‘let’s fool around in this little sandbox’ while the missions are too often time trials or very specific goals.

Again, I can’t hate it and will continue playing. I just hoped for that little something and it’s not there.
You aren't wrong. I mean, even on the PS2 the original DaH felt like an interesting proof of concept turned into a bargain bin THQ release. I bought it day one because I love DaH and want to see more of them being brought to modern platforms, but didn't expect anything more than a 6 or 7 / 10 game.

DaH 2 is the better game, and I can't wait to see its remake. Give it a try once its out!

• This!
Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
You aren't wrong. I mean, even on the PS2 the original DaH felt like an interesting proof of concept turned into a bargain bin THQ release. I bought it day one because I love DaH and want to see more of them being brought to modern platforms, but didn't expect anything more than a 6 or 7 / 10 game.

DaH 2 is the better game, and I can't wait to see its remake. Give it a try once its out!
IIRC they already teased DAH2 was in the pipeline.
Very interested, the base is solid, it just needs some work. 'interesting proof of concept turned into a bargain bin release' feels like a perfect description.

Reactions: MJunioR

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Yesterday was insomnia !

You’re not wrong. I started and stopped playing it last week; the PS2-era game design is fun for a few hours but gets stale pretty fast.

Reactions: Li Kao

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
IIRC they already teased DAH2 was in the pipeline.
Very interested, the base is solid, it just needs some work. 'interesting proof of concept turned into a bargain bin release' feels like a perfect summary description.
Yup, we will probably be getting the first look at DaH 2 remake next month. Day one for me too.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Of course it's possible to enjoy Days Gone ! It's not a bad game by any means.

Regarding a hypothetical Uncharted collection on PC I don't think not including 4 makes sense. Sony are not interested in selling PS4s nowadays.
I know porting a game to PC is never easy but they could charge more for it.

Perhaps they are working a new collection for PS5 with visual and framerate upgrades. They could kill two birds with that one stone by bringing it to PC as well.

Last edited:
  • Hug
Reactions: Mor
Status
Not open for further replies.