Community MetaSteam | May 2022 - May Comes Kicking Like a Kangaroo

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
It's almost month until Uncharted PC release according to leaks and still nothing from Sony. Their PC releases really are just random and in my opinion Sony really needs to come out with some clear strategy.
They'll just drop a trailer for it at the PC gaming show or Keighley show.

Its the easiest marketing and least effort thing you can do.

And that has pretty much been their strategy.

Reactions: QFNS and Tomasety
Dec 5, 2018
It's almost month until Uncharted PC release according to leaks and still nothing from Sony. Their PC releases really are just random and in my opinion Sony really needs to come out with some clear strategy.
Going by the steam upcoming it's still sandwiched in july (so it hasn't moved).
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Reactions: Tomasety

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Damn. Pretty much the only “Big” release of the year I was looking forward to. But id

So about that Crypto crash... Square-Enix you holding a big L right now, but you in my prayers. 🙏
Between the sale of their western divisions, Yoshida coming out and effectively saying there is no fun in the Metaverse and now this. Looks like S-E president is doing a great job of stealing that ship.

Reactions: PC-tan and Tomasety

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

Developed by the brotherly duo that is TNgineers, along with publishing from Whitethorn Games, this is the next big cozy indie game you need to keep on your radar.
Not only does it seem like a wonderful game that I very much enjoyed the demo with, it will also help support the Bees! The developers will be donating a portion of sales towards national and international bee, beekeeping, & wild bee conservation charities. Gotta save the Bees!

There's a demo for it.

----

the event is also set to include appearances from key developers, who will give an insight into their projects, as well as "a brand new reveal from a cult developer."
Might be Kojima?

---

Gamingonlinux keeps giving so much good content. Love him.

If only JCB were here . I think he would love this game.

:minos_sad:

Reason: added 505 showcase + more
Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Where the fuck is Grindstone. It's the only game I play on EGS, but the launcher is slow and shit and doesn't work on my laptop so I need it on Steam/GOG.

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
What games do you recommend for the Deck? I'm blasting through my library lately.

• Gib

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
How's AC Valhalla? Seems to be less than 20€.

Enjoyed Odyssey a lot. Is it par with it or less interesting?

• Eyes

TrishaKit

The Recusant's Sigil
Aug 11, 2021
My steam deck reservation is like 2 min 45 sec away from the front of the queue, here's hoping I can get mine next week. I wanna get in on that handheld goodness.

Dead Space will release in January 2023.
i don't really get remakes or even remasters of games that are already HD
would much prefer to see more games from the ps2/gamecube/xbox era find their way to PC.
Speaking of which, when is microsoft putting Phantom Dust on Steam
Kingdom Hearts might release on Steam next month, but whenever it does it's gonna release at full price with terrible regional pricing.
What's the reasoning behind next month being a possibility?

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
So I finally actually got into Stellaris after all these years, having had a few false starts previously (was just too daunting and confusing). Ironically (?) what really enabled me to get into it was finding / using the cheat engine table, so I knew I could play with achievements and also just power through situations I didn't understand so I could have a whole game of learning the systems.

That said, it is incredibly dangerous - it triggers that "just one more turn" feeling except there are no turns because it's real time so it just keeps going :anguished-face: is good though. Was hoping to finish this save before the big patch but didn't quite make it, so hopefully not too much breaks.

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
I just received a notice that I can complete my purchase for Steam Deck right now, but I don't know if I actually want to spend the money for it right now. lol
If you pass now, the next chance to buy it will be in 6 months at the earliest. Your choice.

I just finished Utawaruremono: Mask of Truth on the Deck, after playing the other two games last year. Great finish to a superb trilogy. Seeing the credits roll with dozens of known VA's (some famous), I can't believe the whole story was fully voiced...

• Eyes

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I just received a notice that I can complete my purchase for Steam Deck right now, but I don't know if I actually want to spend the money for it right now. lol
I was kind of in the same boat last week when I got my email. I even tried talking myself into buying a gaming laptop instead as there was some 3060 laptops going around for 900$ or so.

But I eventually settled into the Deck. A handheld is such a good complimentary device to desktop gaming. And all the years of buying Steam games easily makes this a good purchase. Also I've been leaning into playing more and more old games + doing emulation over the past number of years. A portable PC is too neat of a device to pass up atm.

Also with Starfield getting delayed to next year I am now in even less of a hurry to upgrade PC. The deck is something good to drop $$$ on now and next year will be good time for things like 4070, 4060 etc. And I am in no rush to buy a PS5 anytime soon either.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Subnautica and it's sequel are both on sale for the same price right now. I've wanted to play these games for a while now... Should I just dive into Below Zero or is the first one worth playing?
I went straight to Below Zero as the setting was more appealing.

• Eyes

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Finally managed to retire my 980 for a 2060. Looking forward to playing some games I couldn't before like RE Village.

It's a shame ME Andromeda is so buggy and poorly optimized, a few months of polish could've gone a long way. There's a lot to like, starting with the combat that can hold its own against any third person shooter. There are just so many glitches with NPC behaviour and character animations. It's a shame. I'm playing as Sarah and she's actually growing on me a lot. The planets that can be explored are beautiful and there's an insane amount of side content.

I've been itching to revisit Digital Devil Saga. I highly doubt we'll see a steam version at this point so PCSX2 it is. Man, haven't played them since the PS2. Such fantastic games.

Last edited:

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
I've been itching to revisit Digital Devil Saga. I highly doubt we'll see a steam version at this point so PCSX2 it is. Man, haven't played them since the PS2. Such fantastic games.
Sadly, they don't run full-speed on Deck. :blobweary:
Cutscenes, battles, etc - 60 fps, but the second you're looking down a long corridor, you get massive slowdown down to 40-50 fps, with audio being slowed down/etc.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Yeah. Where's the Ghost of Tsushima PC announcement ? It's in the pipeline according to various insiders and it was in the Nvidia leak.
Sony are lagging behind, yet again.

They need to speed up their PC initiative, both single player and GaaS.

I also hope the TLOU 1 remake will hit Steam next year. I'm not interested in the Faction MP spin off.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Sadly, they don't run full-speed on Deck.
We can't expect the core PCSX2 dev team to patch in native support for Steam Deck either, even though they're still looking after the Linux support. The next best thing is probably looking at the many FlatPak packagers out there.

• Eyes

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
We can't expect the core PCSX2 dev team to patch in native support for Steam Deck either, even though they're still looking after the Linux support. The next best thing is probably looking at the many FlatPak packagers out there.
Oh no, PCSX2 runs fine on Deck, no issues with Ar Tonelico or Ateliers I've tried (well, other than the current version available on Flathub having some issues with sprites, you can easily downgrade though).
It's just DDS 1 (and most likely 2 too) having some slowdown here and there (large hub areas, mostly), didn't play much.

• Comfy
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Kvik
Status
Not open for further replies.