Community MetaSteam | November 2018 - These Regional Prices are STILL crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 113

i wish they'd finally release Jazz on steam ... but at this point it's a pattern - they're clearly avoiding steam now .... sadly :(
Yeah. If they released Jazz 2 on Steam, with added workshop support, they would surely sell a few copies.

In other news, there's a new Arcade title on Steam that features characters from several different Data East games:

This title was released as part of the Johnny Turbo's Arcade series on consoles, so hopefully other titles in the series, like the beat'em up Night Slasher will be coming soon to Steam as well.

Reactions: lashman

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Sooooo for some curious reason, World of Final Fantasy on Humble seems to be different when buying from Humble for some reason
1- I need to verify my details by getting a security SMS via e-mail. No problem, I did this before but I hadn't gotten my SMS yet :S
2- I get like 2.9% of my purchase back as in store credit because of 2 other charities or something? Rather odd.

If I don't get the SMS I'll wait til Monday then just get Support to help with the refund.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
that sounds really weird ... i don't think they've ever asked me to verify anything

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
There is a second blog post about Artifact.. I will most likely watch the final.

On November 10-11, the Artifact Preview Tournament will feature 128 players competing over a prize pool of USD $10,000. Hosted by Beyond The Summit and broadcast on SteamTV, the all-draft event will feature a 7 round Swiss bracket on Saturday. A top 8 single elimination bracket will decide the winner on Sunday. Both days begin at 9AM PST.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
When is that artifact thing in middle European time zone stuff... I'm super interested in it but haven't seen shit till now about it...
It should start in the evening and end in the middle of the night. It is always possible to find replays on Youtube.

Deleted member 113

A question: does the Shadow of War: Definitive Edition include every bit of content/DLC that was available?
I know the game dropped its micro-transactions a while ago, and I believe this edition is supposed to include everything.

If that's the case, I may bite because of a current deal at Razer (thanks for the heads-up, Tizoc (y)).

But Warner is strange with their re-releases and complete packs. From what I understand, at least the current Injustice 2 Legendary Edition is missing out on content that was part of an earlier edition.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
A question: does the Shadow of War: Definitive Edition include every bit of content/DLC that was available?
I know the game dropped its micro-transactions a while ago, and I believe this edition is supposed to include everything.

If that's the case, I may bite because of a current deal at Razer (thanks for the heads-up, Tizoc (y)).

But Warner is strange with their re-releases and complete packs. From what I understand, at least the current Injustice 2 Legendary Edition is missing out on content that was part of an earlier edition.
i think so, yes

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
So what is everyone playing right now?
I just had a long session playing Destiny 2 but I still can't say if I like this game or not. One of my workmates is a huge Destiny fanboy so i'll give the game the time to try to see what he enjoys so much.

There are a lot of comparisons between Warframe and Destiny 2, and while I'm a fan of Warframe I can admit that Destiny 2 has superior art direction over Warframe, but only having 3 classes may be a downside for me personally.

KarmaCow

MetaMember
Nov 4, 2018
I just had a long session playing Destiny 2 but I still can't say if I like this game or not. One of my workmates is a huge Destiny fanboy so i'll give the game the time to try to see what he enjoys so much.

There are a lot of comparisons between Warframe and Destiny 2, and while I'm a fan of Warframe I can admit that Destiny 2 has superior art direction over Warframe, but only having 3 classes may be a downside for me personally.
Yea I'm in the same boat. Destiny is a good time waster game, something to do while listening to a podcast or watching a show on a second screen. I am interested in tackling the more involved parts like the raid though, I'm just worried about how gimmicky it will be considering how all the characters are defined by how they shoot rather than abilities.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Yyyeeeeeeeeeesh Earth in Darksiders 2 is even worse on Hard (Apocalyptic). Doesn't help that it is like an hour long.

Almost done, just need to finish this Angel City, Demon realm then final boss. This game is needlessly long. Lovely soundtrack though.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Yyyeeeeeeeeeesh Earth in Darksiders 2 is even worse on Hard (Apocalyptic). Doesn't help that it is like an hour long.

Almost done, just need to finish this Angel City, Demon realm then final boss. This game is needlessly long. Lovely soundtrack though.
well i didn't play it on hard .... but still - i REALLY enjoyed the game back when it released .... can't wait to play III

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I think I've got 100 games list for the 2019 highlight thread, there's bound to be some I overlooked but those'll be saved for individual monthly highlight threads.

well i didn't play it on hard .... but still - i REALLY enjoyed the game back when it released .... can't wait to play III
If you ever replay 2, just stick to doing main missions and don't get distracted...too much. Merely traversing through the areas is a drag due to Death's slow ass speed. Also play on Normal, higher levels are better off for new game+.

I am very interested in some kind of 'post mortem' of the game's development: Both realm of the dead and Forge Lands are rather large, but the 3rd realm you go to, Angel land is just one big long ass road to a tower from where you are sent to the main dungeon of that realm. Was Angel land one of the last areas in the game but they had to cut stuff out? Or did they end up having to cut stuff out.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I think I've got 100 games list for the 2019 highlight thread, there's bound to be some I overlooked but those'll be saved for individual monthly highlight threads.
ooooh, that sounds exciting! :) can't wait

If you ever replay 2, just stick to doing main missions and don't get distracted...too much. Merely traversing through the areas is a drag due to Death's slow ass speed. Also play on Normal, higher levels are better off for new game+.
i don't usually replay games ... i've got plenty of unplayed ones :p and most of the time i only play games for the story anyway

I am very interested in some kind of 'post mortem' of the game's development: Both realm of the dead and Forge Lands are rather large, but the 3rd realm you go to, Angel land is just one big long ass road to a tower from where you are sent to the main dungeon of that realm. Was Angel land one of the last areas in the game but they had to cut stuff out? Or did they end up having to cut stuff out.
they probably just ran out of time and/or money .... wasn't Darksiders 2 released like a few months before THQ went bye-bye?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Humble Bundle monthly for 2 months now have been shit for me personally.
well they're saving all the good games for the mont.... oh ... oh ....

IGN gonna IGN

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
well they're saving all the good games for the mont.... oh ... oh ....

IGN gonna IGN

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nah the prior month's games were great: Hitman AND Hollow Knight for $12?

Plus this current deal is good too: MGS5 PP and Cities Skylines are both very good from what I've gathered.
Poster did say it wasn't appealing to them whcih is fine, but these MOnthlies were pretty good IMO esp. if one didn't own those games or is just starting PC gaming.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Nah the prior month's games were great: Hitman AND Hollow Knight for $12?

Plus this current deal is good too: MGS5 PP and Cities Skylines are both very good from what I've gathered.
Poster did say it wasn't appealing to them whcih is fine, but these MOnthlies were pretty good IMO esp. if one didn't own those games or is just starting PC gaming.
well yeah ... but you could say that about most bigger bundles honestly ... stuff like Fanatical etc.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
The early reveals for the Monthly are really great. It's just the other games aren't, plus that already have all the early reveals already. I wish that I didn't buy so many games
:wd_happy:

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
The early reveals for the Monthly are really great. It's just the other games aren't, plus that already have all the early reveals already. I wish that I didn't buy so many games
:wd_happy:
stop buying so many games then ;)

Reactions: Deku

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
I was one of the few people who already owned The Dwarves and re-bundling RE and Sniper 2 was a little rude. So $10.something for Hitman S1, 7 Days to Die, Hard Reset, Sniper 1 and Dead Island is still a steal. Already swapped Sniper 2 for Skyhill.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
i wish they'd at least patch in a windowed mode :(
It's missing quite a few options unfortunately, can't even set AA or AF. FPS is hard capped to 30. On the bright side, ReShade works on the game at least.

Despite it's technical issues though it's still a great FF imo. Especially for long time fans of the series.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
It's missing quite a few options unfortunately, can't even set AA or AF. FPS is hard capped to 30. On the bright side, ReShade works on the game at least.

Despite it's technical issues though it's still a great FF imo. Especially for long time fans of the series.
yeah, it's definitely missing a lot of options ... but the lack of windowed mode makes it literally unplayable for me :( (i play all games in windowed mode)

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Just made a new thread but here is the new teaser trailer for Atomic Heart, mundfish keep releasing this weird videos, game looks amazing, hope it delivers.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
World of Final Fantasy Maxima Update live-Stream. The spoiler is a bullet-point list of all the changes. The Youtube video is a Stream archive.

• You can now carry 12 Mirages instead of 10.
  • An item called “Treasure Search” is unlocked after clearing the game, which makes finding treasure chests easier.
  • Lots of rare items have been added, mainly battle-related.
  • New Game+ has been added.
  • You can listen to the song “Innocent³” from World of Final Fantasy: Meli-Melo in Theater Mode.
  • The “Sandstalker” minigame has been made easier to play.
  • Catching the three starter Mirages (Fritt, Bablizz, and Zapt) has been made easier.
  • Hauyn can join the party after clearing the game. (See her in action here at 16:44.)
  • Enna Kros has been added as an extra boss battle. (See the battle in action here at 21:29.)
  • An EX Dungeon in which Garland appears has been added.
  • The Immortal Dragon of Darkness appears. An enemy that appears at the beginning of the World of Final Fantasy: Meli-Melo manga, it is one of the Exnine Knights. It is even stronger than Brandelis.
  • You can fight Brandelis again.
  • A “Nightmare” difficulty option where even small enemies are significantly stronger has been added.
  • New, fully-voiced Champion Intervention Quests have been added.
  • A secret ending has been added.
  • You can battle Marilith as a boss character in an EX Dungeon. (See the battle in action here at 39:58.)
  • Avatar Change: By obtaining the “Champion Stone,” you can transform into legendary Final Fantasy characters in battle. Each character has their own battle background music and skills. (See Avatar Change in action here at 55:16.)
  • Fishing Minigame: A minigame where you can fish with Noctis has been added. You can even reel in a Leviathan. (See the minigame in action here at 59:34.)
  • Hauyn’s Archives: Characters that first appeared in World of Final Fantasy have “World of Final Fantasy (Apocrypha)” written in their “First World of Origin” field in the encyclopedia. These Apocrypha can be read as Hauyn’s Archives, which are scattered throughout the game world and must be gathered.
  • New Mirages and Champions have been added to the encyclopedia. Since there is a little more story after clearing the game, additional descriptions have also been added to Lann, Reynn, and Hauyn’s entries.

I'm excited for this. Probably what I will spend my birthday money on tomorrow. :D

Edit: Also, Cold Steel 1 and 2 got updated on Steam to add JP Voice-acting. Neato.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
World of Final Fantasy Maxima Update live-Stream. The spoiler is a bullet-point list of all the changes. The Youtube video is a Stream archive.

I'm excited for this. Probably what I will spend my birthday money on tomorrow. :D
oooooh, that sounds cool :) definitely! :D

oh, and pre-emptively: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.