Community MetaSteam | November 2019 - You Can't Spell Steam Without EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Is it allowed on the PS Store to say that a game is also available on XBOX? Or on xbox that is also available on Switch? And if that's not the case, why the hell is this a thing on Steam?

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
If people pre-order it now before the price gets adjusted do they honour that price or do they have to pay the balance?

Copons

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Brighton, UK
copons.wordpress.com

Now for the news that many of you have been waiting for... Death Stranding will launch simultaneously on both Steam and the Epic Games Store, priced at $59.99/£54.99/59.99 Euros.
lol
Kinda awkward for an Italian publisher to not being able to type € on the Italian keyboard layout, I mean, it's like alt + e, what the hell.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
And that's why when I do pre-order (not on EGS) something these days, it is because it has a very good regional price. More often than not it is a mistake, specially for big games :(

EDIT: Well, at least is not some new type of "exclusivity" deal... that would suuuuck.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Publishers cried for Steam to stop cross region gifting, then fucked most of the world with worse regional pricing anyway.
we all knew it was gonna happen ... i don't think anyone was naive enough to actually believe the regional pricing would hold, regardless of gifting

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
The price is the same on both EGS and Steam here, more expensive than RDR 2 lol. Tho, given it’s 505 there’s at least a little chance of regional pricing (happened with Control before).

Reactions: madjoki and lashman

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
wait hold up

the PS4 UI is kind of clunky and ass, but there's zero chance I would trade it for the PS3's XMB!
The XMB didn't need 5 fucking years to do something as simple as allow people to set custom background images.

It was garbage at first sure but by the time the PS3 slim was out it was great.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
If people pre-order it now before the price gets adjusted do they honour that price or do they have to pay the balance?
In a vacuum, I think Galyonkin would force refunds.

However, context matters: people might then buy the game on Steam instead, so Epic might prefer to take the money loss to keep the user gain.

JMTHEFOX

Planning to Be a Game Designer
Oct 4, 2018
Brooklyn, NY
Fallout 76 mod "Map76" shut down

I am officially shutting down all development and support for all of my Fallout 76 related tools. The reasons why listed below.

Beth banned one of my accounts and wont respond to support requests
I have dedicate a lot of time and resources to this game and making tools. This map is just one tool of many. I am in a group of data miners that mine the game and who find and report exploits and bugs. An exploit was leaked about a month ago on an obscure forum. We discovered it, tested to make sure it was real, and reported it directly to the community managers. Our accounts that we used to verify the exploit were promptly banned. We have been contacting support explaining that we are the ones who discovered and reported it, but have not gotten a response. This has been going on for weeks now.

My request to cancel my Fallout 1st membership and request a refund have gone unanswered.
I tried to cancel and get a refund for my Fallout 1st membership because it is not what was promised, from stash boxes losing junk, private worlds not being private at all, the Survival tent randomly disappearing, and none of the promised Atom shop discounts. So far, they are just ignoring my requests.

Update:
I finally got a response, on this. The gist of it, I spent some of the atoms, so I can go fuck myself.
"For buying this car, we are throwing in a gift card to our gift shop."
Car is not as advertised.
"I need my money back"
"Oooh sorry, you already spent that gift card in our gift shop.
Here is the thing. $14 is nothing. It is nothing to me, and more importantly, it is nothing to them. But, there are principals here. They charged money for a broken product that was not as advertised. And they would rather lose a customer who was that die hard fanboy and has spent hundreds of dollars buying atoms, has purchased 6 accounts, has helped find and fix bugs, has created heavily used community tools, and helped build a community around this game, than give me back my $14.
You didn't save $14 you dumb greedy pieces of shit. You lost a steady revenue stream and free community tools.
NW only rewards
Once again, the only new free content released requires you to play Nuclear Winter to earn them. The problem Is NW on PC is full of hackers killing everyone on the map from across the map. Reports to Beth just fall on deaf ears. You are required to just get your ass kicked for 3 days straight by hackers to earn the rewards.

Bugs are out of control
Every update introduces more bugs than are fixed. It is out of control and it is only getting worse.

If they quit giving a shit about this game, I will to
Beth quit giving a shit about Fallout 76 and it's players a long time ago. It is time we all stop giving a shit about it as well. Here, I'll start.
TLDR: Map creator got Bethesda.net account banned; Bethesda refused to cancel Fallout 1st subscription nor gave him a refund; Other reasons include rewards only earned through Nuclear Winter and patches adding more bugs and glitches.

Looks like FO76 is on my blacklist for now.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Too bad it's VR, it looks fun.
Well it wouldn't work without VR. Motion controllers are deeply integrated to the game and the physics. Like, when you pick up something, you will actually feel the weight of the object in your hands with your Index controllers/Oculus touch controllers/Vive wands.

Games that are built from the ground up for VR won't work without VR, or at least not in the same way at all.

Ruvon

Chaotic writer
May 15, 2019
France
cabinetdechaologie.wordpress.com
Well it wouldn't work without VR. Motion controllers are deeply integrated to the game and the physics. Like, when you pick up something, you will actually feel the weight of the object in your hands with your Index controllers/Oculus touch controllers/Vive wands.

Games that are built from the ground up for VR won't work without VR, or at least not in the same way at all.
You're absolutely right. It's not often that I see a VR game that makes me want to play it. Even if the gunfights looks clunky.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
You're absolutely right. It's not often that I see a VR game that makes me want to play it. Even if the gunfights looks clunky.
Well the point is to make people want a VR headset. :p

Which is why Valves Half-Life game will be VR only (playable on all headsets supported by SteamVR).

Taborcarn

Battle Santa
Feb 28, 2019
Yeah I just got the email too, I figure I'll stick around for at least the first month just to see how good the offerings are.

Reactions: Ascheroth

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Really glad I won't have to pirate Death Stranding, tbh. Weirdly annoyed that it's on EGS at all, though. It being up simultaneously means you just know those assholes tried to get it. I thought their process made it not worth it to add non-exclusive games to the store, though? Weird how that's not an issue here... almost like that was a load of complete bs. 😂

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Individual Arland games on sale.
Entire pack that has a bundle discount not.
Classic Koei.

Tho I guess this could be the time where I finally buy Nioh (14€).
Since it's Koei I'm relatively confident it wont get a better discount than that with the extra Monthly discount.
But I have this unreasonable feeling that it will be included in a Monthly (or Choice now) right after I finally buy it :disapproval-blob:
(And I really don't need any new games right now, but still)

Reactions: NarohDethan

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
What difference would me playing it make?
Knowing the game? There has been so many games over the years that I have found boring and uninteresting by watching videos and reading about them, but playing them was something else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.