Community MetaSteam | November 2019 - You Can't Spell Steam Without EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Shame the region pricing is such garbage. That was actually surprising seeing it hitting Steam at the same time, and a welcome surprise at that! :blobcheer:

Then they came along and 505'ed it all up. Don't know why, but I will make that a verb someday! :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Knowing the game? There has been so many games over the years that I have found boring and uninteresting by watching videos and reading about them, but playing them was something else.
I'd be interested in hearing an example. The problem with Death Stranding isn't just that it looks boring and uninteresting. It's that its base mechanics seem so ill thought out, as if someone took a bet to try and piece together a videogame out of the elements that everyone hates. There are so many ways that the same basic concept could have been developed. So many more interesting things to have the player do in order to reconnect a broken and divided country than deliver shoes and pizzas.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I'd be interested in hearing an example. The problem with Death Stranding isn't just that it looks boring and uninteresting. It's that its base mechanics seem so ill thought out, as if someone took a bet to try and piece together a videogame out of the elements that everyone hates. There are so many ways that the same basic concept could have been developed. So many more interesting things to have the player do in order to reconnect a broken and divided country than deliver shoes and pizzas.
Factorio, Rimworld, Slay the Spire, Risk of Rain 2.

I mean, you do you, I will at least try Death Stranding out.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Death Stranding price on EGS is getting 'fixed' in more countries now. Argentina price is now U$71.99, while just five mins ago was U$14.99, for example.

Thanks 505.
Argy has one of the lower prices on Steam. None of this makes any sense.

Reactions: lashman

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
I'm an old man who enjoys tedious labor, Death Stranding is right of my alley, but not for fucking R$240, the game will release in the same time frame that I will have a transplant on my left eye, with the medical leave I should have the time to play, but my god, Brazil economics is fucked right now, and will not get better anytime soon, for R$240 I wil probably pay for all my medicaments.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Egs set percentage abs get region prices surely seem easier to understand for devs like they claimed. I don't think there's been a big game that didn't adjust prices after launch.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Surprised but happy to see Dead Stranding on Steam. Probably Kojima pulling some strings.

Now get Dying Light 2 and Biomutant for pre-order on Steam and I'm fine in 2020 ☺
Well if Chris Avellone has any pull with Techland I'd say that Dying Light 2 is safe.

Reactions: Ge0force
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
????

Stop toying with my emotions.
don't blame me ... blame VG247 :p

Now to hope for it to finally happen and appear on Steam. Though I'd probably break down and buy it on Origin if not.

And now I have the urge to play play Skate 2 or 3 again soon. :face-with-cold-sweat:
if they ever actually do a fourth one - it'll probably be on steam ... but i doubt they will

what they COULD do, though - is port 1-3 to PC and release them on steam ... but that also will never happen

:negative-blob:

Reactions: PossiblyPudding

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
if they ever actually do a fourth one - it'll probably be on steam ... but i doubt they will

what they COULD do, though - is port 1-3 to PC and release them on steam ... but that also will never happen

:negative-blob:
Agreed! Separately or even a bundle of the first three would be amazing! :awwblob:

Of course like you said the chances of that are slim at best.. give us back our skateboarding goodness, EA!

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
II take it the Skate clone released a few months back in EA hasn't evolved enough / is shit ?

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
So games could be taken off the game pass list at anytime then?
It's like that on Xbox and I was lamenting the lack of an obvious place where they indicate which one is soon to leave on PC.
Must look again it seems !

Reactions: didamangi

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
In case anyone was interested in
Beta sign up form without having to do their stupid discord

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
It's like that on Xbox and I was lamenting the lack of an obvious place where they indicate which one is soon to leave on PC.
Must look again it seems !
Ah, so it's like that on xbox as well. Oh well. Opened up my xbox app and it's the first banner on there, leaving soon.

Even if I installed the game, when it's taken off I can't play it again?

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Li Kao Session? That's still in very early EA as far as i knew. Basically a Tech Demo to show what they have so far and a Timeline.

I've just done the first few hours of Death Stranding and fek me it looks stunning at times and i don't have any Kojima gameplay experience but it feels like a slightly more responsive RDR2 to me. There's still plenty of time for me to hate it but so far... i'm intrigued so i'll stick around. It doesn't make my PS4 sound like it's dying unlike RDR2 so that's another plus. I can see how some people will utterly detest the game though.

Reactions: Li Kao

PossiblyPudding

Apr 17, 2019
II take it the Skate clone released a few months back in EA hasn't evolved enough / is shit ?
There's actually two I believe. Skater XL and Session.

Session seems to be making pretty good progress and the other I haven't heard much about in a long time. I've had both on my wishlist for a while but I usually hold off for a bit with early access in case a game gets abandoned.

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018

What a phenomenal game. I really have little to zero complaints.

The game was absolutely gorgeous, especially the boss visuals which had some wonderful music accompanying them.

Deaths during platforming sequences always felt that I was to blame.

I died about 400 times over the course of my 100% playthrough. There are definitely some challenging sequences and bosses, but checkpoints are very generous so it never felt punishing.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So games could be taken off the game pass list at anytime then?
It's why I use game pass mostly for "one and done" games, plus if they are short.

Games like Bald's Tale Trilogy, Bald's Tale 4, My Time in Portia and so on are longer games with replayability, so I try them on game pass for a bit then buy them on sale on Steam.

Reactions: Ascheroth

cluto

Subhuman garbage
Dec 13, 2018
There's actually two I believe. Skater XL and Session.

Session seems to be making pretty good progress and the other I haven't heard much about in a long time. I've had both on my wishlist for a while but I usually hold off for a bit with early access in case a game gets abandoned.
Skater XL got a moderately sized update recently, which has been the only significant update in the year it's been out. It was looking like abandonware for a while, to be honest. The game has been sustained by its modding community more than its developers, which I'm not sure is a positive or a negative. The least the developers could do is implement Workshop support to make is 100x easier to access mods and maps, but noooo.

Don't know anything about Session other than its animations/physics looking way worse than Skater XL's -- something I think is extremely important for a skateboarding sim.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Yes, it's like Netflix and other TV/movie streaming sites. Games will come and go on the service. The only things that will remain are games developed by Microsoft.
Are their cross-play options or save-file transfers? If not, I would never invest into gamepass. I am a person who plays games over years,

Status
Not open for further replies.