Community MetaSteam | November 2019 - You Can't Spell Steam Without EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
More silliness: (re: 2080 order being doubled) Can't cancel order becuase "it's been sent already". (I got actual send email only 24h+ later).

Now I need to send it back (on their dime) or bring to their local store. You'd think it would be more cost effective to have process to cancel order, but maybe I just don't know :p

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So this clicking sound/noise suddenly start appearing somewhere from my dekstop yesterday, I think it comes from my GPU, but not sure, other than that, anyone have any idea about it?

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
So this clicking sound/noise suddenly start appearing somewhere from my dekstop yesterday, I think it comes from my GPU, but not sure, other than that, anyone have any idea about it?

It sounds like a fan rattling or hitting something. I know it's not the most correct of ways but when something like that happens I always block each fan with my hand until the noise stop to understand what fan is making it and figure it out from there. I think you could do something similar from software but I'm a rude and impatient person when it comes to PCs.

It's often the exhaust fan at the back of the case that makes it, for me.

Reactions: Li Kao

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
The sequel has little to do with the original. There is a bit of lore, and that is it.
A bit like with Artifact, where Dota lore is used to dress up a card game designed by Richard Garfield.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Maybe some fan (Case/CPU/GPU) is hitting some loose wire?
It sounds like a fan rattling or hitting something. I know it's not the most correct of ways but when something like that happens I always block each fan with my hand until the noise stop to understand what fan is making it and figure it out from there. I think you could do something similar from software but I'm a rude and impatient person when it comes to PCs.

It's often the exhaust fan at the back of the case that makes it, for me.
I opened the desktop, removed som dust and touched some cables near the fans, none of them did touch the fans (from what I could see), turned the computer back on, the same clicking sound happened for 2-3 seconds and then it went away, for now. Have no idea why it happened.

Gonna try the hand blocking if it happens another time.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
MetaSteam | December 2019 - We start the fight in the most wonderful time of the year.

MetaSteam | December 2019 - Spending X-mas in the wild west of Reach.

MetaSteam | December 2019 - Steam just take my wallet but please, DON'T HURT ME.

MetaSteam | December 2019 - We finish the decade, John.

MetaSteam | December 2019 - Award for the best forum 2019 goes to....

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
fantomena To me that's definitely a fan hitting a cable or a piece of the shrouding or maybe slipping on a bearing.
I was going to suggest checking the temp range and hysterisis value for your fan curves but in my case it was more of a fan chirp as it span up and down too quickly rather than a click.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
MetaSteam | December 2019 - Award for the best forum 2019 goes to....
I like this one

i am itching for some city-builders and cities:skylines aint doing it for me, economic aspect is just nothing even with the hard mode and mods. i hope tropico 6 is good at this. Sim City 4 still the GOAT.
I get you. There was a city builder which got a trailer this week and as soon as I read that it has a heavy focus on traffic management I dismissed it.

I'm probably getting SimCity 2013 once it gets available on Steam (if it does) just for the sake of playing a game that doesn't focus so much in car traffic management.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
MetaSteam | December 2019 - Santa Gabe is on his way, taking wallets & leaving games.

edit: hmm, maybe this reads better...
MetaSteam | December 2019 - Santa Gabe is on his way, taking wallets, gifting games.

Last edited:
Reactions: PC-tan

Pogi

illiterate
Jun 25, 2019
I like this one

I get you. There was a city builder which got a trailer this week and as soon as I read that it has a heavy focus on traffic management I dismissed it.

I'm probably getting SimCity 2013 once it gets available on Steam (if it does) just for the sake of playing a game that doesn't focus so much in car traffic management.
SimCity 2013 is actually pretty decent with city management, I just did not like it's really small plots, I bought it on its release. DAMN, time flies so fast.

Reactions: MJunioR

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
The sequel has little to do with the original. There is a bit of lore, and that is it.
A bit like with Artifact, where Dota lore is used to dress up a card game designed by Richard Garfield.
It's just weird to label it a BG&E 2 since it's a prequel in the first place.

Jesus Christ what a shitshow
It's still developing? Damn.

Reactions: Spamlynguist

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
I see Ubisoft is doing flash sales now, Division 2 got discounted further (Breakpoint yesterday), Gold and Ultimate are 80% off and I assume you can use the 20% voucher for Ubipoints on top. Say what you will but that's a crazy deal.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I see Ubisoft is doing flash sales now, Division 2 got discounted further (Breakpoint yesterday), Gold and Ultimate are 80% off and I assume you can use the 20% voucher for Ubipoints on top. Say what you will but that's a crazy deal.
Let me know if and when FC5 and New Dawn flash deal goes up please @o@

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Okay, what have i missed? I just fired up Origin to play Fallen Order and apparently i've been a member of Origin Access Basic for a day. I haven't signed up for anything so i assume it's a promo?

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
It's just weird to label it a BG&E 2 since it's a prequel in the first place.
RDR2 says hello, as does MGS3

Yosemite looks really cool but it's very cold and I don't have service 90% of the time. Also because of the lack of service I can't tell if there was a price drop yesterday for the Intel 660p and if there was I could have just called Newegg and have had them refund me the difference.... Welp..... And I can't look this stuff up in my current location...

Also how about : the end of the decade that gave PC gaming a second life.

After all prior to 2010 everyone said that PC gaming was dead and well Death Stranding is coming to PC next year, so it looks pretty alive to me now.

Oh and Happy Holidays to all of you

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im getting increasingly interested in upgrading my PC, but I won't do it until the 3080ti is out. Currently using a 1080.

Still not sure if there is any need of upgrading my 5820k 4 ghz to a 9900k or the next desktop CPU from Intel as I also have to get a new mobo for it and if Im gonna have to get a new mobo for it Im just gonna upgrade the whole PC.

So it's either only a GPU upgrade or a whole PC upgrade if my 5820k doesn't cut it.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
F me..... So I ordered my Intel 660p thinking that no place would end up doing a deal on them (they were already sold out in Amazon and the price for them in general was going up, I panicked and ended up getting one from Newegg). I noticed that the price for them went down yesterday but because I was in a place with no signal and could not call and check stuff.

Now a place has it for even cheaper (about a $20USD difference) I could have just ordered it there. So I could new egg and they do not price match it would seem.

Welp I guess I learned my lesson. I could just ask New egg about doing a return and all of get a refund but from the looks of it I would get changed for return shipping and a restocking fee? (I still don't understand the whole restocking fee BS). So it looks like I could have saved about $28USD getting it from B&H and also have gotten 2 day shipping as well..... I dislike B&H for one reason and one reason only and that's for showing me ad after ad, but I guess maybe I should have checked with them.

Either way $220USD is a decent price (tax and shipping included) for a 2TB Intel 660p isn't?

Maybe I could have used the money I saved to have gotten Disco or some other game

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
I think the idea behind those comments is that the person playing is secluded visually, and in most ways, their overall attention. Their awareness is more hyper-focused on the experience only they're having. The experience is really for only one person at a time while those outside the VR goggles are really secondary to the whole thing.

Sure, you have people over and can enjoy the experience of you all trying out VR and talking about it afterwards, but I don't imagine you have multiple sets of VR so everyone is in it together while in the same room. We can only dream of the day we get Demolition Man sexual encounters for proper VR socializing.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
you have people over and can enjoy the experience of you all trying out VR and talking about it afterwards,

The talk can happen during the playthrough. I have seen that with the Index, the player is not isolated from the world:
  • there is no headphone, and no ear bud, so the player can listen to the outside world,
  • the player can remove the VR headset very easily, so it is easy to disengage from the game and engage with others.
I imagine that with the right set-up, the non-playing people could watch the in-game action on a usual screen.

Reactions: Kurt Russell

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Hitman 2 and Contracts still worth playing? I know they're products of their time but do they offer a good stealth game experience?

Reminder that BG&E has this GOAT track.

I still use it as my ringtone years and years later.
No lies detected. I was surprised at how wonderful the music in this game is. I would love to listen to that track while 'driving' around the hub world.
I received one month free to Origin Access. I didn't activate 2fa on my account
They just said 'eff it, we didn't expect so many people to ACTUALLY want to use our service so let's just give it to everyone and spare ourselves the headache'.

Reactions: lashman

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
The talk can happen during the playthrough. I have seen that with the Index, the player is not isolated from the world:
  • there is no headphone, and no ear bud, so the player can listen to the outside world,
  • the player can remove the VR headset very easily, so it is easy to disengage from the game and engage with others.
I imagine that with the right set-up, the non-playing people could watch the in-game action on a usual screen.
Dunno how the other headsets work, but the Quest can send video to a chromecast or phone/tablet. that's been pretty fun when trading off the heads with friends

Reactions: lashman

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I just got two different mice, a G305 for games and a weird as hell Logitech MX Vertical Mouse for everything else, it's supposedly good for muscle strain and my wrist and fingers have been hurting on and off (mostly on) since this summer... I guess it'll take a while to get used to it.

Reactions: Pommes and Durante

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I just got two different mice, a G305 for games and a weird as hell Logitech MX Vertical Mouse for everything else, it's supposedly good for muscle strain and my wrist and fingers have been hurting on and off (mostly on) since this summer... I guess it'll take a while to get used to it.
Let us know how it goes, I've also considered a vertical mouse for work for some time now due to health reasons.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
My friend picked Saint's Row 3 for our next co-op game. I'll try to screenshot my chara next time I play, but thanks to the DLC I got it should allow for us to finish the game faster

Also I remembered it had a shark gun; this'll be so much fun~

Flips

Overwhelmingly Positive
May 12, 2019
Got my Rift S today and I've been playing around with it a bit. It's pretty cool even though I've just scratched the surface.

Just played around with SteamVR and The Lab and played the first two episodes of Vader Immortal. Definitely cool stuff and I'm excited to check out some of the other games I've bought or acquired through other means (Batman Arkham VR, The Gallery Ep1, Lone Echo, Defector) and buy some more games from my wishlist.

I also thought about buying Fallout 4 VR from cdkeys because it's just ~5€ lol

My first couple of hours with VR have been way better than I expected. When I ordered the Rift I thought I might return it within two weeks but I guess I'll keep it now.

Still, fuck Facebook.

Blizniak

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2018
Dandy Dungeon, from Onion Games (Yoshiro Kimura's new studio, a developer who worked on titles such as Little King's Story, Moon: Remix RPG. Chulip, No More Heroes 1 and 2, Rule of Rose, and more), is now out on Steam.

Also, a sequel will be released as a free DLC/update in the near future:

Guys, don't sleep on Dandy Dungeon. Yeah, it's basically a phone game but it's a love letter to Dragon Quest and the likes and it's a genuinely funny game which does not happen often.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
My friend picked Saint's Row 3 for our next co-op game. I'll try to screenshot my chara next time I play, but thanks to the DLC I got it should allow for us to finish the game faster

Also I remembered it had a shark gun; this'll be so much fun~
Oooh I miss Saints Row so much! I used to always make my character look like The Witcher with long white hair and I put the English accent voice also. Also always made him wear suits haha. My favorite character I've made, in any game.

Reactions: Spamlynguist
Status
Not open for further replies.