Community MetaSteam | November 2020 - There Was a Title Here. It's Gone Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
my main weapon in GE3 was Scythe, I tried Biting Edge but I felt it was less flexible than other weapons, it was very fast and fun to see in action though

Last edited:
Reactions: Ascheroth

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
We call that "survivor bias".
Any niche series with stagnating or falling numbers is more likely to have good reviews because only people who like the series will buy and review it. (As long as the quality is somewhat equivalent to the previous entries)
This is especially prevalent in long-running book series and TV shows. (I made an Era thread about it a year or two ago)

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I wonder why Resistance 1 and 2 are not on PSNow. Yet 3 is?

From the looks of it a lot of Sony's older First party titles are around 10 hours or so long to beat meaning that you could easily beat them within a week or so. I will try to do that.

Also I wonder if PSNow stacks. For now I have 1 year of it. But because PSNow can change and stuff would I possibly be grandfathered in?

By the way GameStop is having this crazy sale where FE 3H is only $27USD!!!!!!!!

It sucks how Titanfall 1 is having issues with people not even being able to install the game properly.

Reactions: QFNS

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
think I’m giving up on Watch Dogs 2 for now. That Cyberdriver chase mission early in the game is just incredibly frustrating and I don’t really care for the writing or characters either

Reactions: LEANIJA and sk2k

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
So how many of you had your 16th steam birthday a few days ago?:D
Nov 17th for me, my Half Life 2 copy didn't come in the mail until a day after it came out.
Still on dial up then, I remember the painful process of having to activate HL2 on steam, took longer than installing the game. After I beat Half Life 2 I didn't touch my Steam account again until I got a copy of The Orange Box on sale for $25 on the black friday after it came out (and thankfully I had DSL by that point).

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Not me, I'm on my 12th year
Yeah all those who created their account for HL 2 should have had their steam birthday on 16th this month. I still regret that I lost my first steam account, I created a new for HL2.
Nov 17th for me, my Half Life 2 copy didn't come in the mail until a day after it came out.
Still on dial up then, I remember the painful process of having to activate HL2 on steam, took longer than installing the game. After I beat Half Life 2 I didn't touch my Steam account again until I got a copy of The Orange Box on sale for $25 on the black friday after it came out (and thankfully I had DSL by that point).
My first steam after HL2 was the original Prey!;D

Reactions: LEANIJA and ISee

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
So how many of you had your 16th steam birthday a few days ago?:D
Oh, not even close.

I was sharing a Steam Account with my brother at the time HL2 release.

Steam was just "stupid online DRM" for us, so we didn't see a reason to have independent accounts. It was a different time, buying games exclusively digital was unthinkable and many publishers were testing new and pretty annoying DRM methods. PC was being put down as a worthless platform that consisted to at least 99% of pirates and all kind of extremely strict, anti-copy protections were put into games. Often enough those measures prevented people from enjoying their legit copies.

It was a heated atmosphere and Valve mandating an "online authentication" felt like another draconian measure.

Maybe one of the reasons why I'm attracted to GOG because of their DRM free policy.
But I'm shying away from GOG now, supporting a minority is more important than DRM free games.

Ryzen 2600x
RTX 2060 Super
16gb Ram

What should I aim for ?
I assume those are thirty FPS settings.
RT high with DLSS enabled at thirty could be possible.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Wait, their table headers are strange, seeing the settings RT Min (which is in fact RT Medium) looks good.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
my main weapon in GE3 was Scythe, I tried Biting Edge but I felt it was less flexible than other weapons, it was very fast and fun to see in action though
Scythe is great, yeah. I pretty much exclusively used it in GE2 (in GE1 it was the Buster Sword). Amusingly enough I've always just used the Sniper throughout all 3 games though.

Same thought on Biting Edge. It looks cool, but in practice I don't like it that much.

I'll probably be mainly alternating between Scythe and Heavy Moon going forward.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
too bad the sticks are in the wrong place
Honestly, I never liked asymmetric sticks, honestly.
I don't mind the xbox controller, great ergonomics, the feel of it in your hand is amazing, but given the option, I always want the sticks to be at the same height. The real killer feature of the recent Playstation controllers, though, is the easily remappable touchpad. Having two buttons you can set how you want can be amazing in certain types of games.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I don't mind the xbox controller, great ergonomics, the feel of it in your hand is amazing, but given the option, I always want the sticks to be at the same height. The real killer feature of the recent Playstation controllers, though, is the easily remappable touchpad. Having two buttons you can set how you want can be amazing in certain types of games.
And with the DualSense, it's now 3 additional buttons, thanks to the new mic button.

PS controllers are just superior in terms of utility.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Can you map the DS4 touchpad ? I'm still very much interested in a button to show me fps while on the TV. This won't be easy though as MSI Afterburner doesn't recognize pad input anyways.

And on another topic, Syndicate is 2.49 euros on Origin. I could tolerate it being bad at this price point but will abstain, don't wan't to burnout on cyberpunk aesthetic.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Forgive me lashman , for I have sinned, I have spent most of my free time of late watching anime instead of playing games on Steam

Dear lord it really is amazing how much anime you can watch for absolutely nothing on Crunchyroll :blobeyes:
We can forgive you, depending on what you have watched.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
We can forgive you, depending on what you have watched.
Currently:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Season 1
Higurashi NEW
Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
Death Parade
Assassination Classroom Season 1
Hayate No Gotoku Season 2
Re:Zero Season 1
Nichijou
Tokyo Ghoul Season 1

Recently finished:
My Hero Academia Season 1
Kaguya-Sama Season 1+2
Mob Psycho 100 Season 1
Misfit of Demon Academy
Rent-a-Girlfriend
Hayate No Gotoku Season 1
Konosuba Season 1
Haruhi Suzumiya Season 1
All of Food Wars

yeah I fell back into anime again hard of late, and my MAL list is now a mile long

Last edited:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Anyone know where to find deals on wireless headsets+mic for black friday please?

Forgive me lashman , for I have sinned, I have spent most of my free time of late watching anime instead of playing games on Steam

Dear lord it really is amazing how much anime you can watch for absolutely nothing on Crunchyroll :blobeyes:
Watch Jujutsu Kaisen and Golden Kamuy. Thank me later.

Also JoJo on Crunchyroll is the censored TV versions, but they're still good.

Also get CR-Unblocker extension to remove region lock on some shows.

Reactions: AHA-Lambda

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Trying downloading MS FlightSim from game pass again out of the blue and it seems like it might finally download this time, but not sure, hopefully.

Hoping to grab Spiritfarer, Wasteland 3 and Battletoads at least. Autumn and christmas sale prices should be the same if I recall.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Hades all over the place fps wise, joypad that move in directions I didn't push or move further than my input.
My patience is tested verily.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Can you map the DS4 touchpad ? I'm still very much interested in a button to show me fps while on the TV. This won't be easy though as MSI Afterburner doesn't recognize pad input anyways.
You can use the Steam Input UI (it's built into both Big Picture and the classic Steam Overlay) to map the touchpad in a lot of different ways, to keyboard buttons, or combinations of button presses. If MSI Afterburner is set to react to, for example, the F7 button, then you can easily use Steam to map your DS4 touchpad to that.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
This makes me think otherwise.
Well, not long to wait to find out now.
The 1080 could do well enough at 1440p back in 2016-2017 but modern high-end games are very rough with that level of GPU power.
I honestly don't see it cutting for Cyberpunk unless you can settle for 30fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.