Community MetaSteam | November 2020 - There Was a Title Here. It's Gone Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
Tales of Symphonia - 84% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]3€ [/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] ([UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]Steam[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL])
Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour PC - 94% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]1€ [/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] ([UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]Steam[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL])
LEGO Marvel’s Avengers - 89% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]3€ [/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL]- ([UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]Steam[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL])
LEGO® MARVEL™ SUPER HEROES - 89% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]3€[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] ([UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]Steam[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL])
LEGO® Star Wars™: The Force Awakens™ - 89% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]3€[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] ([UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]Steam[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL])
LEGO® CITY Undercover - 89% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]3€[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] ([UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]Steam[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL])
Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth - 89% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]3€[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] ([UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]Steam[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL])
Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - 89% off - [UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]3€[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL] ([UWSL][UWSL][UWSL]Steam[/UWSL][/UWSL][/UWSL])
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition - 75% off - [UWSL][UWSL]2.50€[/UWSL][/UWSL] ([UWSL][UWSL]Steam[/UWSL][/UWSL])
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY Edition - 75% off - [UWSL][UWSL]2.50€[/UWSL][/UWSL] ([UWSL][UWSL]Steam)[/UWSL][/UWSL]
Thanks! Picked up Duke Nukem for that price.

• Love
Reactions: Tomasety

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Valhalla is bit of a tedious letdown so far coming from Origins and Odyssey, both which I really enjoyed.
Interesting. I enjoy Valhalla way more than both Origins and Odyssey. Origins and Odyssey lost themselves in their open nature. You could say they were open ended to a point where they both lost any kind of direction and sense.
Valhalla is using many interesting ways to hold things together, while not foregoing the open structure of the game entirely. It's more focused, side tasks even quicker, general tasks like raids less tedious than war camp liberation, there is more variety and a bigger sense of general progression.
Valhalla is not afraid to mix the general gameplay loop up with puzzles and shifting scenarios, which took me by surprise. Something that Odyssey was afraid to do until the DLCs.
It is a very well designed game.

Only downside is its combat system: Game is too easy and it is too easy to get insanely powerful quickly.

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
What game?

Also if you ever plan to play Titanfall 1 ever? Right now might be the best time. I have had maybe some issues trying to find a game but overall it still feels like Titanfall 1 there are somethings from Apex that I'm use to but overall the game is still good. Things do feel a bit slower than I remember but there sure is a lot more wall running in this game compared to 2.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Also there is an audio fix and I can confirm that it works by just dragging and dropping the file into another location in the file system and it sort of makes sense as to why the game didn't work properly at first since Titanfall has this issue with audio which is why the PC version is over 50GB since more than 50% of that are uncompressed audio files that Respawn never fixed. That's right over 20GB of the Titanfall 1 files are RAW studio quality audio.
Apex Legends is so addicting. I honestly never thought I'd enjoy a battle royale but here I am 50 hours in since Steam release.
Which is why I'm both glad and sad that the origin version stopped working for me because otherwise I would still be playing that game and well now that it's on Steam and also because of my PS5 it's been one of the main games that I play these days. But because of the Origin bug thing that would freeze my PC I had to stop playing.

Reactions: Dekunator

Dekunator

Timmy Tencent owes me money
Apr 17, 2019
Which is why I'm both glad and sad that the origin version stopped working for me because otherwise I would still be playing that game and well now that it's on Steam and also because of my PS5 it's been one of the main games that I play these days. But because of the Origin bug thing that would freeze my PC I had to stop playing.
That's a shame, hopefully you can sort that bug out or something.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
That's a shame, hopefully you can sort that bug out or something.
The bug is "fixed" so long as am playing the Steam versions of TF1,TF2, or Apex but if I run them off of Origin alone then those games eventually freeze my whole PC. So I'm glad that there are Steam versions since that's fixed it for me.
If Valve ever opened up a Japanese studio I hope that they can expand on this and yes this is an officially licenced thing and everything.

Last edited:

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
Apex Legends is so addicting. I honestly never thought I'd enjoy a battle royale but here I am 50 hours in since Steam release.
I don't think you're on my FL, but feel free to add me if you want to squad up on Apex (same goes for anyone else who is playing it). I played quite a bit on PS4 when it was released, took a long, long break, and then started up again when it came out on Steam. It's annoying losing all the unlocks, but so it goes. I don't always have a mic, but I can guarantee that if I do anything dumb or annoying, it's at least totally unintentional. Steam Community :: xinek

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I really gotta continue playing the Science Adventure VNs at some point.

How is Steinsgate 0? I looked at the description of it, basically continuing the bad ending of Steins'gate, and it didn't really seem super interesting to me. Am I missing something out? I would skip Steins'Gate 0 otherwise.

For more context, while I overall liked Steinsgate, there was some really terrible shit in there, like their depiction of gender queerness with one particular character (you know who I mean), and as expected from Japan, their take on it is insufferable. From my brief look at the Steam page, it looks like that stuff is very much still there, maybe even worse.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Having loved the original Steins;Gate, despite it's bad gender politics, 0 disappointed me greatly. I couldn't really get far in it because it felt like it had run out of steam and lacked intrigue. Basically, if you've played the true ending of Steins;Gate, you know what happens in 0, being the story that bridges one bad ending to the true ending. It's a foregone conclusion. This means that the twists, turns and character arcs just feel hollow.

I can't recommend it. It feels kind of pointless when the original plot worked so well.

Reactions: beep boop

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Interesting. I enjoy Valhalla way more than both Origins and Odyssey. Origins and Odyssey lost themselves in their open nature. You could say they were open ended to a point where they both lost any kind of direction and sense.
Valhalla is using many interesting ways to hold things together, while not foregoing the open structure of the game entirely. It's more focused, side tasks even quicker, general tasks like raids less tedious than war camp liberation, there is more variety and a bigger sense of general progression.
Valhalla is not afraid to mix the general gameplay loop up with puzzles and shifting scenarios, which took me by surprise. Something that Odyssey was afraid to do until the DLCs.
It is a very well designed game.

Only downside is its combat system: Game is too easy and it is too easy to get insanely powerful quickly.
I think it got a lot to do with the setting, I just don't find the Viking setting particularly interesting.

Reactions: ISee

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Tried Shenmue III. Big fan of the first two games.

I knew I probably won’t like it based on all I’ve seen but I checked it out finally. Despite a lot of amateur hour presentation (loading screens, texts, Ryo’s basic walk and run cycle, stuff like that) once you’re in-game it seems to get the Shenmue feel down pretty well as far as Ryo’s actions go. It’s a tad too guided early on (if you stall Ryo runs to catch up) but it makes sense I guess with every day having the time limit and that particular story beat having to play out.

It does seem like much of it is just to stall you and pad out the days though (ie how slow you open all the drawers and cupboards, yeah that’s nice and just like Shenmue but come on, make it faster and more organic like modern games with that time limit, Ryo’s so slow he can’t even check all the cupboards in the house before having to go to bed, lol, there are way too many for a two people household as well, they just put empty cupboards everywhere).

Shit I'm glad you can no longer pick up and examine every object because I'd need to do that for all of them and it'd take me a week to get out of the house.

Other than that basic gameplay feel, I don’t really like the design of the first area they chose to introduce the game with. It’s a remote village that gets few visitors but apparently everybody runs some kind of game attraction to play just to show you it has stuff like Lucky Hit to remind you of the old games? What?

I’ll probably just hate this more the more it stalls the story (I mean, don’t you expect the end of Shenmue 2 to lead to some crazy revelation, well, it doesn’t, lol, at least not right now, they just basically check the place out and go “cool, I bet this took a lot of effort to make” and then off to find the guy they’re looking for). I’ll probably play more but right now Yakuza 7 is an actually good game occupying my time. And I’m no stranger to indie games and jank, love em actually.

Reactions: sk2k and lashman

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Playing through Yakuza Kiwami, right now. Good ass game.

Then suddenly, stupidity strikes me. I wonder how Kiwami 2 runs on that new engine.
If I just button past all the cutscenes I won't be spoiled, surely!
Ah, look at this, I'm in and unspoiled. Great!
Hmmm, a graveyard? Oh neat, what does it say on this gravestone?
Oh no, what have I done?!!

I don't know what my thought process was, but clearly it was very faulty :suicide-blob:

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I'm maybe doing the game wrong, but I watched the DF video on Godfall and it looks so generic and uninspired.
Like something that comes for free with the UE4 editor. Or like somebody took the corpse of Paragon and slapped sword slashing on top of it.
Bloodborne PC announced this December ?

According to that russian dude who talked about HZD....

I'll leave this to the judgement of insiders.
It's just his thoughts and not any kind of insider knowledge.

Reactions: Shahem

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
I'm maybe doing the game wrong, but I watched the DF video on Godfall and it looks so generic and uninspired.
Like something that comes for free with the UE4 editor. Or like somebody took the corpse of Paragon and slapped sword slashing on top of it.

Okay. That settles it.

Not looking forward to it being Epic Game Store exclusive either way. I could understand taking Epic's offer in case you are not certain the game will generate X amount of revenue but Bloodborne on Steam is 100% guaranteed success.
Now, if Sony were to bring riskier games to PC (stuff like The Last Guardian for instance) then I could see them pitching it to Epic and see how much cash they would be willing to splash.
As much as I love Ueda's games they are sort of "niche". A Bloodborne, God of War or The Last of Us would do extremely well on Steam in contrast.

Reactions: ISee

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Okay. That settles it.

Not looking forward to it being Epic Game Store exclusive either way. I could understand taking Epic's offer in case you are not certain the game will generate X amount of revenue but Bloodborne on Steam is 100% guaranteed success.
Now, if Sony were to bring riskier games to PC (stuff like The Last Guardian for instance) then I could see them pitching it to Epic and see how much cash they would be willing to splash.
As much as I love Ueda's games they are sort of "niche". A Bloodborne, God of War or The Last of Us would do extremely well on Steam in contrast.
People are thinking Sony will go with EGS because they bought into Epic. But that's more of a engine thing than EGS.
HZD is coming to GOG shortly. Their future games being egs exclusive is unlikely.

guhguh222444

thou who art undead art chosen
Aug 23, 2020

Fake tweet. Doesn’t exist. Was originally posted on /v/ and people there were more interested in consolewarring than looking up to see if it was actually real.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Don't know if it's real or not, but if you look at the Imgur pic, the section with the replies and likes is a sightly different shade compared to the rest of the screenshot. Also said Tweet does not show up on his account, but it could have been deleted.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

And the tweet is fake, I would recommend all of you to stop taking care of that twitter account, it has had a veeery interesting week in terms of clearly fake news.

Please, don't pay attention to that twitter account. :crying-face:

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Y'all should stop worrying about storefront exclusives for games that haven't even been announced for PC yet.
Just feels like pointless anxiety. What will happen will happen, no need to think about it before anything is announced.
This!

Remember when HZD was going to be EGS exclusive in every single thread? remember when all the big titles were going EGS? it has been tiring for over 2 years, please fellas, stop worrying about things that have not happened yet, there's a lot of fear to this when nothing is confirmed. :cat-heart-blob:

I started playing Sakuna today, and immediately spent over 5 hours on it.
It's the rice-based action sidescrolling Atelier-like game I never knew I wanted.
If you don't mind, I will tag you in my weekly chart post because you will like this :blobeyes::blobeyes::blobeyes:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Friendship ended with Genshin Impact? :p
It's funny, because a while ago it was exactly what I complained about, but the "good" thing about Genshin Impact is that it works great as a side game after you're done with the story content. Since the daily business can be done pretty quickly, and it's only when new content drops (every 6 weeks a big patch, smaller events inbetween) that there is a sizeable chunk of game that can be binged. (of course this is after the ~80 hours inital story and exploration content).

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Im playing that Mario 64 PC port for some nostalgic gaming. Its nice re-visiting the castle.

The camera though! im constantly fighting it.
There is a mod you can compile in that attempts to put a more traditional camera into the game... I would not call it successful but it is less terrible maybe? Give that a shot if you have been messing with any of the other mods like HD textures and so forth.

Reactions: Joe Spangle

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I'm still stuck in Stardew Valley over here. I'm about 40hrs deep in this save. I'm going to paint this town in strawberry jam before it's all said and done.

There is a mod you can compile in that attempts to put a more traditional camera into the game... I would not call it successful but it is less terrible maybe? Give that a shot if you have been messing with any of the other mods like HD textures and so forth.
BETTERCAMERA=1 I think. You get the choice between Analog Cam and Mouse.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Shadows awakening is the 3rd game in the Heretic Kingdoms series that started with Kult.
This is a 'diablo-like' or Isometric Action RPG where you can switch between 4 party members whom you can obtain as you progress through the game.
Combat is pretty basic and sadly it has no co-op, but I am enjoying it for the most part, gameplay wise

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Sorry then !
Do not be, a lot of people has targeted with fake content to see if the account publishes it and well, it has happened again, it is not your fault, man.

But seriously, my advice is to not engage with that account at all, the most legit thing they do is to give credit to the original source, however, the biggest three pieces of news from then didn't have any (RDR outlaw collection, Ubi buying SE western brand, lol, and the now this)

So yeah, do not worry too much, I know you are absolutely excited about the potential thing of seeing PS exclusives on PC but don't let that excitement make you fall in this traps.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
People are thinking Sony will go with EGS because they bought into Epic.
IF Sony goes EGS exclusive, it's rather because Epic made a multi multi million deal with Sony. EGS becoming the home for Sony's 1st party games (and perhaps their moneyhats as well) may be the biggest chance for EGS to succeed so far. No doubt Epic at least tried to achieve this, but chances are small this will actually happen, especially after Horizon hitting GoG.
Shadows awakening is the 3rd game in the Heretic Kingdoms series that started with Kult.
This is a 'diablo-like' or Isometric Action RPG where you can switch between 4 party members whom you can obtain as you progress through the game.
Combat is pretty basic and sadly it has no co-op, but I am enjoying it for the most part, gameplay wise
That's great! This game is in my "asap" list for a few months already, and now it's definitely my next game to play.

Last edited:

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Sony are in the unique position where they can pick and choose what actually releases on PC. They're not going to port a game that they think is going to sell bad, so the motive to take Epic's cash isn't there. They're also not exactly a struggling indie who needs to push their game over the finish line.

They're on PC for one thing and one thing only right now: to sell as many games as possible to as many people as possible. That means selling games on Steam, EGS and GOG at the very least. If they were going to silo their titles off to a single store, it'll be if they have platform ambitions on PC. Now them launching their own CrossBuy PlayStation 5/PC/Cloud store on PC wouldn't surprise me one bit, but that's a far cry away from taking a few million from Epic so no one plays their cherry-picked ports for a year when their main goal of being on PC is to build up a fanbase on the platform.

People should stop losing their marbles over the possibility of every game going EGS exclusive, especially ones from Sony.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Sony are in the unique position where they can pick and choose what actually releases on PC. They're not going to port a game that they think is going to sell bad, so the motive to take Epic's cash isn't there. They're also not exactly a struggling indie who needs to push their game over the finish line.

They're on PC for one thing and one thing only right now: to sell as many games as possible to as many people as possible. That means selling games on Steam, EGS and GOG at the very least. If they were going to silo their titles off to a single store, it'll be if they have platform ambitions on PC. Now them launching their own CrossBuy PlayStation 5/PC/Cloud store on PC wouldn't surprise me one bit, but that's a far cry away from taking a few million from Epic so no one plays their cherry-picked ports for a year when their main goal of being on PC is to build up a fanbase on the platform.

People should stop losing their marbles over the possibility of every game going EGS exclusive, especially ones from Sony.
YOU TELL THEM, C-DUB, because I'm too wholesome to do so :blobhug:

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France

That makes sense. Any idea when we might hear more about their next games on PC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.