Community MetaSteam | November 2020 - There Was a Title Here. It's Gone Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Got deceived by the next steam sale countdown site. It says BF sale starts today but actually it will start on 25th.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
To this day HZD is still in the top 40 best sellers on Steam. So it's still selling day after day.
Of course it is, every game like that is selling a good few copies every day, it's only that the game only highlights when there is a sale, but same happens with RDR2, Control, Metro and so, people always wait for sales cause' right now most people are counting every penny JUST IN CASE whatever might happen to their personal economy.

So yeah, slowly but steady, game already sold over half a million on Steam alone (not only playtracker but every single metric points that data) and I'm sure it sold a bit more than just a half-million. not even going to try making numbers of EGS because that's absolutely pointless, no way in hell I can get that data and we will see GOG. :cat-heart-blob:

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Of course it is, every game like that is selling a good few copies every day, it's only that the game only highlights when there is a sale, but same happens with RDR2, Control, Metro and so, people always wait for sales cause' right now most people are counting every penny JUST IN CASE whatever might happen to their personal economy.

So yeah, slowly but steady, game already sold over half a million on Steam alone (not only playtracker but every single metric points that data) and I'm sure it sold a bit more than just a half-million. not even going to try making numbers of EGS because that's absolutely pointless, no way in hell I can get that data and we will see GOG. :cat-heart-blob:
The question is what Sony expected sales wise. It's a 3.5 years old game after all. People who might have bought it day one could have simply moved on.

The more you wait to bring your game over the less people are interested.

If Forbidden West comes to PC it would be in Sony's best interest not to wait >3 years.

Reactions: Prodigy and lashman

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I love how certain folks in a certain forum are saying Yakuza: Like a Dragon's "Bleach Japan" organization is a bad organization that makes them think of a certain other forum and attitudes like the BLM movement (yeah, I don't get it, don't ask me, apparently SJW=BLM=ANTIFA for some folks, beats me) but it turns out they
are in the government, work with the yakuza as seen fit and do shit like mass deportations of poor immigrant/refugee prostitutes with no other means
so I guess they kinda sorta end up being the opposite of what they think they make fun of and much more like those first folks after all, or is it just me :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: C-Dub and QFNS

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
The question is what Sony expected sales wise. It's a 3.5 years old game after all. People who might have bought it day one could have simply moved on.

The more you wait to bring your game over the less people are interested.

If Forbidden West comes to PC it would be in Sony's best interest not to wait >3 years.
I highly doubt their expectations were for it to make the same numbers as a brand new game.

Firstly, it was sold not a full price but almost (so they were clearly testing the potential price points in which people would cave in), secondly, it is, as you said, a 3.5 year old game that already sold a ton on PS4 in both release and deep sales, so, I think selling between 500-600k at full price on Steam only (we don't have numbers of the others) it's a good sign for them and a good revenue result after all, don't you think?

I think there's always interest, however, it might not decline but shift in time (instead of release, some will wait the longer you take to release, but they will buy it after all)

guhguh222444

thou who art undead art chosen
Aug 23, 2020
Since the topic kind of is at hand, this isn’t the first time I’ve heard anyone claim that BBR will be shown off at TGA. Is there any salt behind this or is it just people latching on to the next big gaming event?

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Since the topic kind of is at hand, this isn’t the first time I’ve heard anyone claim that BBR will be shown off at TGA. Is there any salt behind this or is it just people latching on to the next big gaming event?
doubt it

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I would say Elden Ring is more probable than Bloodborne at TGA. Bloodborne Remastered is more likely a random twitter drop or an announcement from a PC-oriented event.

guhguh222444

thou who art undead art chosen
Aug 23, 2020
[UWSL][/UWSL]
I would say Elden Ring is more probable than Bloodborne at TGA. Bloodborne Remastered is more likely a random twitter drop or an announcement from a PC-oriented event.
Oh yeah, I’m fully expecting Elden Ring at TGA. I just keep hearing people repeat the same line about BBR being there and I don’t know, I’d like to think it’s true but it’s a little hard to believe.

Reactions: Cacher

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
TGA were complete shit last year and they will probably suck even more this one.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Oh yeah, I’m fully expecting Elden Ring at TGA. I just keep hearing people repeat the same line about BBR being there and I don’t know, I’d like to think it’s true but it’s a little hard to believe.
Yeah. Sony just released Demon's Souls so they want people to get it alongside their new console. I think revealing Bloodborne now may impact DeS's momentum.

I still incline to believe that the next PC port from Sony will be God of War. They need to release it asap to get people onto the hype train of Ragnarok.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Well... I just payed $80USD for 1 year of GamePass Unlimited so I got it for about 50% off.

I think I am also going to pick up a family code for Nintendo Online.

By the way CD Keys has PS+ keys for around $30USD right?

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
War for the Overworld - 91% off - [UWSL]2.46€[/UWSL] ([UWSL]Steam[/UWSL])
WOLFENSTEIN II: THE NEW COLOSSUS - 83% off - [UWSL]4.99€[/UWSL] ([UWSL]Steam[/UWSL])
We Happy Few - 85% off -[UWSL] 6.75£[/UWSL] ([UWSL]Steam[/UWSL])
LEGO Jurassic World™ - 84% off - [UWSL]3€[/UWSL] ([UWSL]Steam[/UWSL])
THE EVIL WITHIN 2 - 83% off - [UWSL]4.96€[/UWSL] ([UWSL]Steam[/UWSL])
Age of Empires: Definitive Edition - 77% off - [UWSL]4.65€[/UWSL] ([UWSL]Steam[/UWSL])
Mad Max - 84% off - [UWSL]3€[/UWSL] ([UWSL]Steam[/UWSL])

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Did GMG drop it's VIP scheme?

Anyone tell what is their XP system?

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
They dropped it earlier this year to the new XP system.
The more you buy from GMG the more points you get to level up to the next level, which gives you better discount. There are three levels, Bronze, Silver and Gold.
Seems they also added support for Indian wallets too. Used to ignore them because I couldn't pay them.

Too bad a lot of their stuff is not available in my region.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
How is HZD these days ?
Has it reached competent port status ?

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
How is HZD these days ?
Has it reached competent port status ?
Way better than release day, that's for sure (even tho I played over 40 hours and not a single crash nor bug :blobeyes:) but I can't say that will be your experience as there's people that still suffer from those random crashes.

Only thing I could tell you to do would be to buy, test and if it doesn't play good, refund.

Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Uh, HZD is 26 euros on cdkeys, I don't expect better with this holiday Steam sale.
Interesting.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Anyone got the original BloodRayne leftover keys for trade? Both games have been bundle some years ago, and for some reason I didn't get them.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Buy a cat tree. [UWSL]:disapproval-blob:[/UWSL]
Thanks for the good point and the ensuing laugh from Mivey

Cat tree is still on the table (it doesn't add much to a monitor four months plan :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-tightly-closed-eyes:) but I'm really wary of this type of product. Seems to me like the perfect kind of things to overprice and under-deliver, and I want a GOOD cat tree, not a cheap shit with huge defects.

Amazon product
That one has my preference since yesterday, I mean even factoring in bullshit evaluations, 2700+ opinions and 1% of 1-star should be a good sign it's a good product.

Unrelated, we miss you Aaron D.
How can I feed weird games to my wishlist without you ?

Reactions: lashman and Eferis

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Li Kao Why don't you look for cat trees on leboncoin?
Not interested in second hand products, I'm dumb that way. And can't really go take the thing in someone's house and go home with it. I don't have a vehicle.
This hadn't crossed my mind though, I should think about the site more often.
That being said, a full box of Age of Sigmar for 80 euros, come one people ! (this is my 'thing that won't sell', these days)

Status
Not open for further replies.