Community MetaSteam | November 2020 - There Was a Title Here. It's Gone Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
By the way, I discover that the SteamHype website, which was mentioned by Lars Doucet in August 2019, is now unavailable.

It is nice that SteamDB took over the task of compiling the data.

Reactions: lashman and ISee

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
SteamHype on GameDataCrunch is a paid feature.
I thought the only paid feature was the ability to vote on upcoming features.

Edit: You can sort by #followers. See:

It is just that this feature is about games which have already been released, while SteamHype was (and SteamDB's hype is) about upcoming games.

Reactions: Tomasety

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Finished Yakuza 7

Its astonishing how this franchise manages to have such consistently amazing endings.

The turn based battle system didn't made me miss the action combat at all, tho it could use some more balancing brcause it tends to sway far too easy for most of the game

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Finished Yakuza 7

Its astonishing how this franchise manages to have such consistently amazing endings.

The turn based battle system didn't made me miss the action combat at all, tho it could use some more balancing brcause it tends to sway far too easy for most of the game
I just played 1 and am very glad to hear this is a trend.

Reactions: QFNS

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Yakuza 1 (original) and even its Kiwami remake, are the weakest games in the series IMO.
It goes uphill from here :coffee-blob:
Good to hear. I'm enjoying the game otherwise, but some of the bosses in Kiwami are a real pain. The two brothers at the nighclub and that Neo impersonator on the rooftop really sucked. The car sequence was also even worse than in Yakuza 0 somehow.

Doesn't help that beast style doesn't seem to be as unstoppable as in Yakuza 0 :confounded-face:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Fairy Fencer F DFA has an upgrade system that I find utterly annoying-

Titled Weapon Boost in-game, you can increase some stats and unlock additional abilities using WP you gain from battles. What is annoying me here is that bonus atk and magic power, as well as defense, has 10 levels you can raise them. Why? 10 is too much because you gain minimal bonus from a single level, that it may not be noticable til you max it out at 10.
In such games, they need to set the cap at 5 so the buff is more noticable IMO. Just annoying to have to do this with each character when using up WP to get some bonus strength.

• Sad
Reactions: texhnolyze

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Children of Morta - 82% off - [UWSL]3.95€[/UWSL] ([UWSL]Steam[/UWSL])

I wonder if this will be part of next Choice or just a coincidence of price discount. Never been bundled before , max discount has been 60% off and suddenly 82% off mmm..

Reactions: Arsene

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I wonder if my PC will have enough juice in it to last until the next Intel/Ryzen series and RTX 4000-series.

I was suppose to build a new PC this year with the RTX 3080 and new CPU, but it still has juice in it, so I haven't bothered with a new build yet.

Im hoping it lasts until summer next year, if it does it would mean my current rig has lasted 5 years (well the PSU, cabinet and HDDS are older).

Im just gonna keep delaying the new build until I feel I have to compromise too much in the graphic settings for 60+fps.

Last edited:
Reactions: ISee

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
I wonder if my PC will have enough juice in it to last until the next Intel/Ryzen series and RTX 4000-series.

I was suppose to build a new PC this year with the RTX 3080 and new CPU, but it still has juice in it, so I haven't bothered with a new build yet.

Im hoping it lasts until summer next year, if it does it would mean my current rig has lasted 5 years (well the PSU, cabinet and HDDS are older).

Im just gonna keep delaying the new build until I feel I have to compromise too much in the graphic settings for 60+fps.
You should have quite a lot of margin at 1080p. You can definitely wait it out.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
You should have quite a lot of margin at 1080p. You can definitely wait it out.
Yeah, 1080p has saved me alot. I have a 1080p 144 gsync/fresync monitor that I got for christmas last year and I have no interest interest in increasing the resolution. I don't really care for higher resolution, Im all about the framerate so 1080p fits me well. I have at times considered 1440p, but I just can't be bothered, so I see myself using 1080p for many more years.

However, Im very curious to how my PC will tackle CP2077, Kena and RE8 and a bit Fable and Awoved, but I don't think Fable and Awoved is out next year.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Yeah, 1080p has saved me alot. I have a 1080p 144 gsync/fresync monitor that I got for christmas last year and I have no interest interest in increasing the resolution. I don't really care for higher resolution, Im all about the framerate so 1080p fits me well. I have at times considered 1440p, but I just can't be bothered, so I see myself using 1080p for many more years.

However, Im very curious to how my PC will tackle CP2077, Kena and RE8 and a bit Fable and Awoved, but I don't think Fable and Awoved is out next year.
It should do fine at 1080p really.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Hmm, I'm ready to pull the plug on the new monitor, but have to consider the period we are in. It's the fucking holidays, there will be sales everywhere. Not sure I can splurge 400 euros and buy nothing.
So I maybe should not buy a monitor. Not until the new year.
But my 1080p 60 has done its time.

First world problems, yeah :thinking-blob:

Just now, a Nintendo US eshop sale :thinking-blob: :thinking-blob:
Children of Morta is so very tempting too. Though yeah, given how many times it has been discounted these last few months, and this hard discount, it may well appear in the Bundle.

Eurogamer : 'Xbox wireless controllers are on sale… everywhere, actually'
Except in France, motherfuckers :cryblob:

Last edited:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Last edited:

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
Hmm, I'm ready to pull the plug on the new monitor, but have to consider the period we are in. It's the fucking holidays, there will be sales everywhere. Not sure I can splurge 400 euros and buy nothing.
So I maybe should not buy a monitor. Not until the new year.
But my 1080p 60 has done its time.
I got 1080p relatively recently
First world problems, yeah :thinking-blob:
Indeed :steam_cleanseal:

Reactions: xinek and Li Kao

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Didn't you state earlier this year that KH 1 + 2 HD Collection is coming to PC?
I actually did hint in that direction but as that happened a long time ago I totally lost hope for that project being alive today (and I know some people want to destroy my neck since then :crying-face:)

Funny thing, KH was one of those projects that were hinted to me at the same time as DQBuilders 2 for PC, since then some others have happened but KH remained completely in silence, unfortunately for me that means the project or pitch was canned or delayed indefinitely.

If it helps, you will get some cool things from Square with quite some side-Steam content like cards.

Dekunator

Timmy Tencent owes me money
Apr 17, 2019
Funny thing, KH was one of those projects that were hinted to me at the same time as DQBuilders 2 for PC, since then some others have happened but KH remained completely in silence, unfortunately for me that means the project or pitch was canned or delayed indefinitely.
I'd trade anything Square's cooking up for Kingdom Hearts, but it's looking like it's time to change my custom title :loudly-crying-face:

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
I'd trade anything Square's cooking up for Kingdom Hearts, but it's looking like it's time to change my custom title :loudly-crying-face:
KH was a lesson for me to keep my mouth closed, because for some reason is the one that most people want and yet is the one that never pops-up, do not worry, you will see some things happening in the future and some will make you all happy but I won't say the names because this happens a lot xD

I mean, it's not necessarily that the project is completely gone, perhaps they are waiting for an specific thing but at this point I can't guarantee that thing is alive.

:crying-face:

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Probably won't stop FF7 Remake from getting a PC port next year.
True, the Nomura thing is a joke, FF7R will come for sure, it is a Final Fantasy after all (an important one, I'm looking at you, choboco dungeon) but as Nomura games per say, none have come officially yet.

Reactions: QFNS and Arsene

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
Just now, a Nintendo US eshop sale :thinking-blob: :thinking-blob:
Children of Morta is so very tempting too. Though yeah, given how many times it has been discounted these last few months, and this hard discount, it may well appear in the Bundle.
Haha, dekudeals has a special banner apologizing for being slow due to the big sale. Poor dekudeals. :sweaty-blob:

Reactions: Li Kao

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Lol the Followers/hype thing is kind of stupid since i see one of the graphs shown lists Payday 2 as #1 overall by several million and I know thats because of the join this group and get in game content but was converted into follows for it when they basically got rid of official game groups for every game on steam

I used to be in like 100+ groups but now im only in 13 but I've got hundreds of things followed now when they two used to be completely different

I use to just follow games I wasn't super interested in instead of wishlist so my wishlist didn't get shitted up with trash but I stopped doing that because I would completely forget about those games entirely and the fact that it was a maze to actually get to your list of things you have followed

Reactions: lashman

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
Finished Yakuza 7

I share the same sentiments about the combat.

Plus, how amazing was that credits song? I was grooving.

Status
Not open for further replies.