Community MetaSteam | November 2023 - I'd Buy That For A Dollar...during a Steam Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadrac

Dec 6, 2018
also free until the 20th, for anyone who doesn't have it yet.

Reactions: lashman

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019
You can grab the crowbar on the bottom of the page and smash things around
LOVELY

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Hmm, yeah. As I said elsewhere, it's great, kudos ! I'm just disappointed they seemingly didn't fix the bugged out boss in a later part of the game. THAT would have been incredible.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Dang, 2 day trip for reference for the desert skyboxes that you glimpse and meh at cos it was all so obviously low res even back then😛

Modern dev scoffing @ legends doing the work: based AI, please give me a desert background, I don't care who you steal from, thanks!

Shame they didn't work with the mod makers to make it officially support VR. HL2 too. But at least we have some solid mods for it now...

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman and Stevey

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
to the surprise of few, the Flashback sequel that looks pretty bad is apparently pretty bad

Imho is pretty weird a little company like Microids just released 5 games in just one month: UFO Robo Grendizer, Smurfs 2, Tintin; Cigars of the Pharaoh, Flashback 2, Asterix & Obelix Slap Them All! 2, I know is mostly the editor, but is like releases about licenses without any care.

Eila

Jan 21, 2019
I only played HL: Source. Still need to play the original, apparently the Source version was always broken and inferior way to play.

Reactions: PC-tan

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Evidently, now that I have secured a deck I’m regretting the ipad. Obviouslyyyy.
But man oh man, those prices. 1k ? For shitty storage, to boot ?

The lol part of my post is that I just read that rumors are saying the next ones will be oled and begin at 1,5k US.

What’s the thing we have in spare ? Kidney ? :sweaty-blob:

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Evidently, now that I have secured a deck I’m regretting the ipad. Obviouslyyyy.
But man oh man, those prices. 1k ? For shitty storage, to boot ?

The lol part of my post is that I just read that rumors are saying the next ones will be oled and begin at 1,5k US.

What’s the thing we have in spare ? Kidney ? :sweaty-blob:
It's not OLED but I've yet to be sad about my $200 Android tablet. Works fine for videos, comics, web browsing, and the occasional Steam Remote Play (before Steam Deck existed. I used a bluetooth controller but for some the onscreen controls are fine).

The only thing it can't do that I wish it could is run a good photo editor but since none of those exist on Android that's not really the tablet's fault :shrugblob:

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
It's not OLED but I've yet to be sad about my $200 Android tablet. Works fine for videos, comics, web browsing, and the occasional Steam Remote Play (before Steam Deck existed. I used a bluetooth controller but for some the onscreen controls are fine).

The only thing it can't do that I wish it could is run a good photo editor but since none of those exist on Android that's not really the tablet's fault :shrugblob:
This is what I have. It's an ancient tablet, but it runs all the stuff you mentioned just fine. The best part is, if I lose it or drop it and break the screen, who cares. I'd just replace it with another cheapo workhorse.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Hey Sony...

How about you remaster Bloodborne and release it on Steam.

Cowards!

NGL tho a Roguelike mode sounds like a ton of fun for TLOU2.

Always surprised that more devs don't create fun arcade like modes for their 3rd person action games. The mechanics are all in place to easily create them.

The raid/mercenaries modes for the RE games are still some of my favorite and most memorable parts about those games.

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
Hey Sony...

How about you remaster Bloodborne and release it on Steam.

Cowards!

NGL tho a Roguelike mode sounds like a ton of fun for TLOU2.

Always surprised that more devs don't create fun arcade like modes for their 3rd person action games. The mechanics are all in place to easily create them.

The raid/mercenaries modes for the RE games are still some of my favorite and most memorable parts about those games.
Nah bro you're gonna get The Last of Us Part I.2 Ramake Remastered UE5 RT HD Edition in 2025 and you're gonna like it

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Sony really has big issue with their PC releases. I know that they are saying that they are satisfied but they are leaving sh*t ton of money on the table and I have feeling that their relationship with PC players got worse and not better with each release. If they want growth on PC market things will need to change.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Sony really has big issue with their PC releases. I know that they are saying that they are satisfied but they are leaving sh*t ton of money on the table and I have feeling that their relationship with PC players got worse and not better with each release. If they want growth on PC market things will need to change.
They’re not changing shit while PlayStation is a monopoly in the console space.

PC is pocket change for them.

The only reason Microsoft treats the PC market well is because they took a hammering in the console market that they probably can’t ever recover from.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
After the state The Last of Us launched on PC I am not surprised that they haven’t announced anything Yet. I don’t doubt it will release on PC at some point, but I imagine it will be announced closer to when it is actually ready (ready being a very loose term nowadays).

but this time let Nixxes work on the thing.

however, there is still very little they are releasing that interests me at the moment.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
So TLoU Part 2 Remastered is January 19th for PS5. So far no PC mention.

No, as I said, PC will be later and won't be announced until next year, good thing is that while PS5 is getting TLOU2, PC is getting Horizon FW - CE

True but their main business is their machine so their inconsistent schedule isn't a problem for them, this might change for better but wouldn't get my hopes up at all.
Let’s see what is sony PC policy with the new CEO.
I don't expect a different approach nor positive nor negative. Games will keep coming 1-3 years later and that's all.

Last edited:
Reactions: LEANIJA and Cacher

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
We should also remember that Sony likely wants all their PC attention on Horizon: Forbidden West right now.

That game has the potential to be a huge hit on PC, so they won’t be announcing other high profile games until that one is out the way.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
We should also remember that Sony likely wants all their PC attention on Horizon: Forbidden West right now.

That game has the potential to be a huge hit on PC, so they won’t be announcing other high profile games until that one is out the way.
Not only they want to ensure HFW performs well on PC but also TLOU 2 as that also has A LOT of potential so it makes sense to bake it up correctly and make sure the PC port doesn't suck big time like Part 1. They cannot afford another debacle like that one IMHO.

Weirdly enough, their schedule seems inconsistent this year, so we shall see how they do next year.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
They’re not changing shit while PlayStation is a monopoly in the console space.

PC is pocket change for them.

The only reason Microsoft treats the PC market well is because they took a hammering in the console market that they probably can’t ever recover from.
Yup I'm too lazy at the moment to look up the exact quote but someone at sony (either ryan or hulst) specifically said to them PC is just to make a bit of extra money on games that ran through their lifespan on console. As long as they keep that mind set you're going to see them keep treating PC the way they are, and with how well they're doing on console they have little reason to change that mind set.

• This!
Reactions: QFNS, Arc and C-Dub

Alexandros

MetaMember
Nov 4, 2018
Yup I'm too lazy at the moment to look up the exact quote but someone at sony (either ryan or hulst) specifically said to them PC is just to make a bit of extra money on games that ran through their lifespan on console. As long as they keep that mind set you're going to see them keep treating PC the way they are, and with how well they're doing on console they have little reason to change that mind set.
I don't know, they are obviously doing very well but their profit margins are becoming smaller. At some point I expect the next CEO to wonder if they could be making more money from their PC releases.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
I don't know, they are obviously doing very well but their profit margins are becoming smaller. At some point I expect the next CEO to wonder if they could be making more money from their PC releases.
They will ask that question as long as it doesn’t impact console sales.

They could very easily make more money on PC, but that may drain value out of their actual money maker: PS5.

Or, at the very least, they fear that. I think it’s largely unfounded, but I’m not sure Sony has an appetite to test it.

• This!
Reactions: Arc
Status
Not open for further replies.