Community MetaSteam | November 2023 - I'd Buy That For A Dollar...during a Steam Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

• Any and all credit for the concept of these threads goes to the amazing MRORANGE!
  • Glad to have you back, lashman, huge hugs.

Big thanks for taking part in those monthly threads!
Huge hugs for all of you there.

The Invincible

You are a highly qualified, sharp-witted astrobiologist named Yasna. Being entangled in a space race, you and your crew end up on the unexplored planet Regis III. The scientific journey quickly turns into a search mission for lost crewmates. Follow its trail, but be fully aware that every decision you make can bring you closer to danger.

Uncover mind-boggling scientific phenomena in a cosmic, philosophical adventure set within eerie landscapes. Discover fragments of what’s lost and report to your Astrogator, let his voice aid you in hard times.

You couldn’t have foreseen humanity’s biggest threat. It will force you to rethink mankind’s ambitions and biases. Go on - make decisions, follow the mystery… but remember not to underestimate the brutal simplicity and brilliance of evolution.

Robots, people… Choose whether to interact with different creatures on Regis III or how to do it. Friend, companion? Enemy? You never suspected what these words might really mean before you got here.

Immerse yourself in the atompunk atmosphere by using various tools, such as a telemeter or a tracker, and drive a vehicle through a stunning landscape. Experience realistic interactions with analogue technologies in a retro futuristic timeline.

The Invincible is a first-person game based on the motifs of The Invincible - an iconic novel of the world-known, hard science-fiction author and Polish futurologist Stanisław Lem.

There are places like Regis III, not prepared for us and for which we are not prepared for. Still, our spacecraft inevitably comes closer to the destination - for our stories and fates to cross in a dead spot.

Song of Nunu: A League of Legends Story

Two best friends, one wild adventure.

Join best friends Nunu and Willump on an adventure across the frozen wilds of the Freljord. Discover the unbreakable bond between boy and yeti as you traverse a land both beautiful and treacherous, making new allies (and enemies) on a journey of family, friendship, and magic.

Song of Nunu: A League of Legends Story is a single-player story adventure developed by Tequila Works. Dive headfirst into an immersive narrative set in the undiscovered reaches of the Freljord, where every snowy step brings you closer to the truth about Nunu and Willump’s past.

Play as Nunu, a young boy searching for his mother with the help of his best friend, Willump. United by their endless imagination and shared love of snowball fights, the two will have to work together to navigate the Freljord, saving it—and each other—from the danger that lies within.

Hike, climb, and sled your way across the Freljord, a frostbitten land full of harsh blizzards, ferocious wolves… and enchantment. Use your head to progress through the frozen landscape and uncover what secrets lie hidden beneath the ice.

Meet the powerful League of Legends champions of the Freljord, including Braum, Ornn, Volibear, and Lissandra—whose twisted magic threatens to bury the world in Dark Ice.

Friendship finds a way in Song of Nunu: A League of Legends Story.

RoboCop: Rogue City

Become the iconic part man, part machine, all cop hero and bring justice to the dangerous, crime-ridden streets of Old Detroit.

With your powerful Auto-9 or one of the other 20 weapons available, eradicate criminals throughout an explosive first-person adventure. Thanks to your robotic strength and cybernetic abilities, which can be upgraded as you progress, you are the most effective officer at upholding the law.

Explore open areas and complete your objectives according to your own sense of justice. Finding evidence, interrogation and maintaining public order are just some of your daily tasks as a police officer. But don't take decisions lightly: your choices can determine the fate of citizens and the result of your mission.

The city of Detroit has been hit by a series of crimes, and a new enemy is threatening the public order. Your investigation leads you right into the heart of a shadowy project in an original story that takes place between RoboCop 2 and 3. Explore iconic locations and meet familiar faces from the world of RoboCop. Peter Weller, the original actor is even back on duty to voice the cybercop.

Alien Hominid Invasion

Abduct intel from your enemies to sabotage their plans, observe the oddities of human life, blow up bosses, and mutate into a variety of powerful alien forms in order to take down the not-so-secret agents that are dead set on ruining your day.

Are you ready to assist your Mothership with the invasion of planet Earth?

Radiant Silvergun

July 14, 2520 AD.The light emitted by a "stone-like object" excavated from the strata of B.C. enveloped the earth, destroying the human race. Only the four crew members of the space cruiser TETRA and one robonoid barely escaped into satellite orbit. ......

One year later. The TETRA is forced to re-enter the atmosphere because the ship's supplies have finally been depleted. The battle for the survival of the TETRA begins.

The battlefield is a stage with various terrains, including intricate crevices and moving containers, where enemies attack from all directions, up, down, left, and right. Twenty-three bosses await in six highly strategic stages.

There are also secret bonuses that occur when enemies are defeated in a specific order, as well as hidden score items. The key to obtaining a score is to cover all of these items, build your own original attack pattern, and accurately destroy the targeted enemies.

Use weapons that level up in accordance with your score to update your high score!

Small Saga

Venture below the streets of London, and you will find the medieval kingdom of rats, mice, moles, squirrels, and shrews known as Rodentia.

If the rodents have a cardinal law, it is this: never attack a god. But Verm never had much respect for the rule of law. His tail was stolen by the Yellow God of Death, and now the mouse will have to fight all manner of beasts and titans on his quest to get it back.

Bluey: The Videogame

Join the fun with Bluey and her family in Bluey: The Videogame! Play a brand-new story set across 4 interactive adventures. For the first time ever, explore iconic locations such as the Heeler House, Playgrounds, Creek and a bonus beach location. Play your favourite games from the TV show, including Keepy Uppy, Chattermax Chase, and more!

Explore and collect items for your sticker book, unlock outfits and uncover the many secrets and hidden references throughout each location. Recreate iconic scenes or create your very own Bluey inspired adventures and games.

The fun doesn't stop there! This game won't be trifficult, just a lot of fun. Experience the joy and wonder of Bluey's world, with local multiplayer you can play with friends and family in story mode and free play!

Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name

Once a legendary yakuza, Kazuma Kiryu faked his own death and abandoned his name for the sake of protecting his family. Now, he is thrust into conflict by a mysterious figure attempting to drive him out of hiding.

Under the codename “Joryu,” Kiryu embarks on a gripping action narrative with bone-shattering combat in vibrant locations filled with exciting characters and activities.

Dynamically switch between the Yakuza and Agent fighting styles in visceral melee combat.

With the Yakuza style, strike fear into enemies by unleashing wildly aggressive moves powered by Kiryu’s unparalleled strength and flair.

Or up the ante with the Agent style by delivering blows with absolute speed and precision, while using an array of high-tech gadgets like electrified bind wires to stun enemies then send them flying.

Strategically adapt to the situation and leverage both styles to dominate and destroy hordes of enemies.

Whether you're brawling in the secret Battle arena, singing a new karaoke song, enjoying a drink at the live-action cabaret club, or racing in the pocket circuit, the world offers a variety of immersive experiences.

An intriguing informant named Akame also provides thrilling sub-missions, drawing you into an epic showdown that unfolds the more you explore and enjoy Sotenbori and Yokohama.

UFO ROBOT GRENDIZER – The Feast of the Wolves

Get ready to experience an unforgettable adventure with Grendizer, the famous giant robot. This action/adventure game adapted from the cult animated series will immerse you in the heart of the universe of its creator, Go Nagai, and will give you the chance to pilot the most powerful robot and fight the forces of evil.

After Planet Fleed is destroyed by the Empire of Vega, Daisuke takes refuge on our planet. Taken in and adopted by Genzo Umon, he lives at the Shirakaba Farm. While Vega's invasion of Earth is imminent, Daisuke will defend the planet Earth with the help of Grendizer, the titanic robot hidden deep inside Genzo Umon's observatory. With the help of Kôji Kabuto, the prince of Planet Fleed will constantly repel Vegas' attacks and fight his terrible robots, the Monstronefs, which were sent to destroy him.

Play as Umon Daisuke and his colossal robot while fighting in epic battles with multiple gameplays: Piloting the Spazer (flying module where Grendizer is housed), vertical shoot-them-up in the Kôji Kabuto’s TFO, and 3rd person action/combat by controlling Grendizer. Use his iconic and devastating attacks to destroy the terrifying Monstronefs and save the earth.

Find yourself in Umon Daisuke's shoes and meet many essential characters during dialog sequences in the iconic environments of the series, which was so diligently reproduced in accordance with the designs of the original series.
And finally, earn experience points while completing missions to achieve new abilities and upgrade your powers.

Broadcasted for over 40 years, the cult animated series Grendizer has marked several generations with its history, which is so rich in twists and turns. Million people around the world still remember his metamorphoses and lightning fists.

American Arcadia

Tune in to American Arcadia, the most popular reality tv show on the planet! In this retro-futuristic 70s metropolis all citizens enjoy a life of luxury and comfort... and are completely unaware that they're being broadcast 24/7!

So escape from the real world and sit back to enjoy the most dangerous contest on air, where a drop in your popularity comes at the highest cost: death.

Control two different characters in two different worlds as you play through Trevor’s escape in 2.5D puzzle platforming sections and assist him as Angela in first-person hacking gameplay. It’s only by working together that they have any chance to overcome the corporation they’re up against!

STAR OCEAN THE SECOND STORY R

The highly acclaimed second instalment in the STAR OCEAN series, returns as STAR OCEAN THE SECOND STORY R.

Brought to life with a unique 2.5D aesthetic, which fuses 2D pixel characters and 3D environments, this remake includes everything that made the original release so great while adding new elements too!
Experience new battle mechanics, full Japanese and English voice overs, original and re-arranged music, fast-travel and so much more! Discover the definitive version of a classic but modernized JRPG that’s perfect for newcomers and long-time fans alike.

Space Date 366 - A Federation officer finds himself transported to a mystical planet. While searching for a way home, an encounter with a young girl draws him into a quest to save her people, just as an ancient prophecy foretold...
Choose your path and witness an awakened destiny.

Persona 5 Tactica

After a strange incident, the Phantom Thieves wander into a bizarre realm where its citizens are living under tyrannical oppression. Surrounded by a military group named Legionnaires, they find themselves in grave danger until a mysterious revolutionary named Erina rescues them and offers an enticing deal in exchange for their help. What truth lies behind Erina and the deal she offers to the Phantom Thieves?

Persona 5 Tactica features an all-new story, the return of fan-favorite characters, and brand-new allies and foes. Join the group as they lead an emotional revolution in this thrilling combat adventure!

Lead an uprising of the heart in a brand-new storyline that takes place in Persona’s iconic universe.

Assemble a team of beloved heroes to fight oppressive armies in thrilling turn-based combat.

Overthrow your enemies with powerful Personas, an assortment of weapons, and wipe them out with style!

The Talos Principle 2

Born into a new world where biological humanity is extinct but human culture lives on in a city of robots, you find yourself swept up in a mind-bending adventure involving a mysterious megastructure hiding enormous powers.

The more you discover, the more you will be confronted with questions about the nature of the cosmos and the purpose of civilization. The broken promise of a better tomorrow, the fear of repeating humankind’s mistakes, faith in reason or renouncing humanity altogether - the choices you make and the sides you take will determine the course of events.

Solve a wide array of puzzles with varying difficulty levels, including clever metapuzzles and highly challenging Gold puzzles. Finish the game without solving every puzzle, or pursue the rewards of complete mastery. A variety of new abilities, such as gravity manipulation and mind transference, join the established mechanics of the original Talos Principle, creating a fresh but familiar experience.

Take the next step forward in the story of The Talos Principle in a thought-provoking, character-driven interactive story with multiple endings penned by returning writers Jonas Kyratzes (The Eternal Cylinder, Clash: Artifacts of Chaos) and Tom Jubert (The Swapper, Subnautica), joined by Verena Kyratzes (The Hand of Merlin, Serious Sam 4).

Explore more than a dozen all-new environments, from a city on the brink of a paradigm shift to the varied landscapes of a mysterious island that holds the keys to the future. Take a break from puzzle-solving to discover long-buried secrets and strands of forgotten history.

Immerse yourself in the rich, bittersweet world of The Talos Principle with a stunning soundtrack by master composer Damjan Mravunac (Serious Sam, The Talos Principle), with a guest appearance by Chris Christodoulou (Risk of Rain 1 and 2).

WRC

Build the car of your dreams in our biggest rally game ever, EA SPORTS™ WRC, the all-new official videogame of the FIA World Rally Championship, the first developed by the award-winning team behind the DiRT Rally series.

Thirsty Suitors

From Outerloop Games comes Thirsty Suitors - a game about culture, relationships, family pressures, and expressing oneself.

Can Jala handle her demanding parents, reconcile with her exes, and mend broken friendships in time for her sister’s wedding? Will she be ready for the impending visit of Paati, the family’s terrifying and judgmental matriarch?

Through the game’s story, Jala will confront her exes in cinematic, turn-based battle sequences.

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEIR POST AND/OR WARN THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J-ROCK / POP.

• How do I do giveaways? - Use SteamGifts or use the tags ("Hide until reacted" in the toolbar) or use our wonderful bot Mona (thanks Valdien)
  • How do I recommend a game / challenge / retro to the OP? - Send me a PM.

Nzyme

Time to get Fit
Sep 19, 2018
Happy November!

Talos Principle 2 out in 2 more days!

Having just replayed Talos 1 and finally completing the DLC, I nearly forgot how incredible it was. Genuinely engaging, moving and thought provoking in a way no other game does, since no other games are focused on this kind of play and subject matter.
Quite easily in my top 10 games I think, so it's amazing that Talos 2 has managed to arrive. I hope it's successful!

The game is looking ridiculously good. The demo seems to only offer a glimpse of the kind of thing to expect, but even that was showing a great direction albeit very loosely outlined to avoid spoilers. The latest footage is showing there is so much more. Definitely going to savour this release, and once again finish it thoroughly with no guidance!

Also some of my own screenshots of Talos 2 demo, minus HDR which Steam is at least correctly tonemapping down

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Born of Bread on the 5th too !

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Happy Halloween, I guess.

I'm. Not sure if it's possible, but at some point I would like to visit both Shibuya and Salem Massachusetts during Halloween. Just to see what's ita like.

Go to one for costumes and the other one for spooky Halloween goodness.

• Comfy
Reactions: ExistentialThought

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
like youre having a serious horror show about someone murdering his wife in coldblood
and Shitfarter69420 superchats WHAT A KILL via emote onto the middle of the screen

and the chat spams ITS TRAUMA
ITS TRAUMA
ITS TRAUMA
ITS TRAUMA
ITS TRAUMA
ITS TRAUMA

i can't

this is actually amazing

Deeply, actually offensively amazing
FUTURE OF GAMING

Last edited:

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
From the brief snippets I've seen I'm quite curious about The Invincible.

Hoping it and Talos 2 are good.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Man remember when humble was good.

I cancelled and removed my payments a month or two ago but still have a few months left.

I hit pause for month which is a function they provide.

Guess what email I got? Yep the "here are your games".

What shit is this, it isn't as bad as the shitty as game locked based on region and then some game being locked to NA lol.

I sent a ticket in but I don't expect much.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: lashman

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Only two months left for the year :face-screaming-in-fear:

It has been non-stop games coming out. I still need to finish any of the longer games I started, but last month I did play and complete something like 20 short games which is a new personal record for me.

This month, I am checking out Little Goody Two Shoes, Star Ocean, and Persona Tactica. Keeping tabs on the Bluey game, I am hoping it is somewhat good because it would be a fun one to play with my daughter. Otherwise I should probably hold off for the winter sale even though I do not plan on picking up much this year.

I still need to complete Talos 1, but I had started it in VR and did not get too far.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
There are things that I like and dislike about Google. I like and dislike Google photo. I think it's cool that it's around and that for the long amount of times they let you keep a bunch of photos on there. I will eventually have to end up deleting a lot of them. A good 50+% of them are of anime girls from my younger years. I do like how I did take screenshots and stuff of manga I was reading as a log and stuff.

It's because of Google photos that I was able to find this gem.

Sorry for hiding it.

Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
It took me roughly 10 hours to beat Need for Speed Undercover.

I give it a 6.6/10. It sucks but it can also be fun at times. But also very broken and just tedious at times. I don't think I will ever play this game again and I'm definitely never going to 100% this game.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
We can hate Bobby Kotick as much as we want but it is undeniable that he is cold blooded executive who smelled Bungie shenanigans from far away and that is probably reason why they let them go kinda easy. And now Sony got trapped with them and got another PR issue.

Also The Talos Principle 2 month, woo hoo!!!

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Thanks for the thread, Mor.

Can’t believe it’s November. A third of this year (from around March to June/July) has been a complete haze for me due to my concussion. I just can’t believe we’re nearly at the end…

At any rate, November means it’s Persona 5 Tactica month for me. And I may get The Talos Principle 2 too.

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
I know this is not Steam nor PC gaming, but never in my restless dreams I would've ever thought for Silent Hill to become like this

I was watching a bit of the pre-show with the interview with devs and producers and they were fucking delusional.
I'm talking about "PS3 is available for only 599,99 US Dollars" level of delusion.
"Metal Gear Survive" level of delusion.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Thanks for the thread Mor! :blobhug:

Kinda wild to see this actually releasing soon, it was announced back in 2016!
you mean this one ;P

this release soon too but jan 31st 2024 (and is one of my most anticipated games XD). The other one is new version of the fighting game.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Another great OP, Mor! Nice to see another Yakuza game dropping, and the next mainline one is coming early next. Loved my time with Y6 and looking forward to seeing the newer games. Crazy to see how Kiryu continues to be active. Guy has to be in his 60s in the games, right?

Reactions: Rin and QFNS
Status
Not open for further replies.