Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
So what is different about what Parsec and rainaway offer from what Steam currently offers?
Well as far as I know you don't hear double voice chat with the steam's version and there is the bonus of it just working in one app with steam. Though you can't do every game. Like with Parsec you can play XCOM 2 missions with your buddy.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Parsec has a lobby system, so you can just look up open lobbies for games you're interested in. Parsec also allows for any game to be streamed (incl. emulators), any program really, including the desktop. Parsec needs to figure out how to lock down audio sources like Steam.

Reactions: PC-tan

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
I managed to get my monitor working again (!) buuut now there's a very noticeable scratch in the middle of the screen. :sweaty-blob:

So I'm considering removing the anti-glare coating (the exterior layer of the panel) in order to get rid of it, which of course is kind of a risky endeavor. Even if I manage to complete the process without breaking anything, I'm not sure a glossy monitor without any protection is much better than what I have right now.

But glossy may be... fine? Anyone rocking a glossy monitor here?

What do... :face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
/tinfoil hat on

They're making $1,800 a month on their Patreon. Why stop the gravy train now by releasing the final act?

/tinfoil hat off
I was lost in my thoughts for a moment. There must be some solid retort but yeah, you made me realize the paradox of having a sponsor. This person is paying me to work on my art. As soon as I finish my art he will stop paying me.

So many Halloween sales (especially in terms of Blu-Ray releases), and I'm still waiting for my damn Shenmue 3 refund. :angry-face:

Who thinks this will be the week I will get my money back?
Who thinks they will continue taking the piss, and will make me wait some more?

I should make a poll. :LOL:
Next week as a wedding gift :cat-heart-blob:

Also I wonder if the eshop will ever get a "face lift", I know that the DSi store never did, I don't know about the Wii and Wii U, but the 3DS store I think hardly changed. I mention this since I saw a tweet by Digital Devolver and saw on both the N/S and the online websites that themed sales are weird.
Call me naive but I like to think Nintendo will redesign that flaming trash fire one day. Only after being dragged kicking and screaming because it’s Nintendo, but it will do it.
I mean, in its current state it must be actively losing sales for third parties.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Someone working on steam spring launching Origin games?

This Ruymen Test Game 2 app is really strange. Its from 2014 and its EULA literally just says "From where art thou?"

Do we know if this is an official EA thing? Man steam opening the floodgates to any dev makes it so much harder to figure this stuff out.

This aligned well with their recent Steamdb edits. What was it, Dragon Age II?
Yeah it was Dragon Age 2.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Call me naive but I like to think Nintendo will redesign that flaming trash fire one day. Only after being dragged kicking and screaming because it’s Nintendo, but it will do it.
I mean, in its current state it must be actively losing sales for third parties.
So I looked a bit more Into it and I guess that they will eventually get to it... Eventually.

Nintendo has weird priorities, you would imagine that with digital being the future that they would try to improve their store but they have not. I am still hoping that with the PS5 that Sony will let you customize what you see on the PSN Store.

I say that they will eventually get to it because I just looked at the 3DS eShop again, and it's also very bare bones but it has more ways to discover games than the N/S eShop. If you go onto the eShop website all of those categories that you see, are also on the 3DS but for what ever reason they are not on the N/S. My N/S is getting slow now I guess since using the eShop was slower than usual. If they adopted a similar look to the 3DS eShop they might be able to improve some things, instead of just having only 5 sections (6 with the search bar?).

So in regards to the Overwatch thing there were people that purchased the game digitally on the eShop and wanted a refund. According to one individually, that individual was able to get a refund.... In the form of eShop credit and that was after making sure with CS that they had not done something similar prior and that normally Nintendo doesn't do refunds on digital games......

Oh sweet sweet Steam refunds, on PC they have become a standard (I'm assuming that GOG did it before and that's it has a much better refund policy but in reality I would imagine that other follow what Steam does). More QA stuff happena for console games I would imagine since you have to be approved by the hardware manufacturers and there for the chances of getting a faulty products are much lower than on PC, so the need for some one on consoles to request a refund are rather limited.

Nintendo says no to refunds. We should change that.

Also I guess untiled goose game is a smash hit seeing how it's still one of the best selling on the eShop beating out oth other big name titles.

Last edited:
Reactions: derExperte

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
A little update on my spending. Because I'm so interesting I have to share it ! (sorry)

I originally planned to buy Atelier Ryza and Luigi Mansion 3 this late October, and it was already far too unreasonable. But upon reflection, and despite KT shameful Deluxe Edition FOMO, I think I will pass on Ryza. I watched a gameplay video and while nothing was wrong in it, the engine was nice and all, it was also a little too much on the 'been there, done that' side. At 30+ I would have bitten, but at 60+ I think they can go fuck themselves.

Luigi is still in the buy list, because while I though 2 was far too monotonous and I disliked the mission based design, it's was also so charming :anguished-face:
And it can be had for 45+ on grey market, so there's that, too.

Still waiting for a discount on Somnium switch, because I'm betting that I could maybe beat my reading OCD by playing VN on an handheld spoiler I will fail
But it already feels like it has been 84 years.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I'm bored so im looking through this Ruymen Test Game 2 app just in case it actually IS an EA thing and it was added to a package called "Ruymen Test Game 1 Steam Store and Retail Key" a few years ago and removed again right after.

the Ruymen Test Game 1 Steam Store and Retail Key package currently contains 2 items, Ruymen Test Game 1, and a DLC named ValveTestApp2712280 (which seems like an official Valve thing? idk)

But why im posting this is because the ValveTestApp has this as its banner

what rabbit hole have I jumped down lmao

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
Someone working on steam spring launching Origin games?

Maybe this weekend will be an EA publisher sale and then an announcement that EA will be back on Steam to sell newer titles. Maybe they are inspired by what Microsoft did with having games on Steam and the subscriptions on their own stores.

Maybe Valve will start selling subscriptions soon (Origin Access Basic while Premiere is only through EA, Game Pass for PC while Ultimate is only through MS, Humble Bundle Lite & Basic while Premiere and Classic are through Humble Bundle, etc.).

Reactions: lashman

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
i believe that's just the default naming ALL test apps have ... not just volvo ones
Yeah but in the history Valve was added as the publisher and removed (twice) back in 2015 which is why I was curious. the SteamDB history goes back as far as at least December 2013 so its likely not a random developer doing this.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Luigi is as cheap physical than grey market. Given the Nintendovaluetm I could play it and sell it if I want. As someone who has not bought a physical game in years, that feels wrong :huhblob:

(but right, at the same time)

Reactions: Echoes
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Yeah but in the history Valve was added as the publisher and removed (twice) back in 2015 which is why I was curious. the SteamDB history goes back as far as 2013 so its likely not a random developer doing this.
developer and publisher are just textfields ... you can put ANYTHING in there, so it doesn't necessarily mean volvo had any hand in it

Reactions: Arsene

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Luigi is as cheap physical than grey market. Given the Nintendovaluetm I could play it and sell it if I want. As someone who has not bought a physical game in years, that feels wrong :huhblob:

(but right, at the same time)
Yeah I mostly go for physical for Switch just because it's resell value. Unlike Steam, which will be following my whole life, digital only games on consoles pretty much disappear when moving on, so better to get little money out of it.

Reactions: PC-tan and Li Kao

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Maybe Valve will start selling subscriptions soon (Origin Access Basic while Premiere is only through EA, Game Pass for PC while Ultimate is only through MS, Humble Bundle Lite & Basic while Premiere and Classic are through Humble Bundle, etc.).
And pay with Steam wallet? That would be amazing.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Then do one of those Humble Bundles with Steam keys.
preeeeeeeeeetty sure that's not gonna happen :p

if that test app is anything to go by they'll probably half-ass it like ubi did before they fucked off

we'll just be able to download the files through steam but after that the game will just launch origin etc.

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
Maybe this weekend will be an EA publisher sale and then an announcement that EA will be back on Steam to sell newer titles. Maybe they are inspired by what Microsoft did with having games on Steam and the subscriptions on their own stores.

I think the most likely scenario is they sell older games on Steam to squeeze some extra sales out of them.

The only way I could see new games going to Steam is if Valve gave them a sweet deal like that they get an 80% cut from the first sale and don't have to wait for $50 million in sales.

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
If EA is back, even in half-ass state, it'll be a positive for Steam. I hope EA will fix their regional pricing by that moment, it's a mess.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
If EA is back, even in half-ass state, it'll be a positive for Steam. I hope EA will fix their regional pricing by that moment, it's a mess.
they might ... after all, they only gave up on it on origin because they couldn't be bothered to add proper region checks for accounts :p so it was easier for them to just say "fuck it" and not do regional pricing at all ;)

Even if they only bring older games, I'd happy to have The Saboteur and Mirror's Edge Catalyst on Steam.
oh absolutely ... in fact - i only really want their older games ... i have practically ZERO interest in any of their new stuff

but they might also put their originals games on steam as well (like Unravel etc.) ... or at least i hope they will

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I think the most likely scenario is they sell older games on Steam to squeeze some extra sales out of them.
This is exactly what we are all expecting (+ the EA original indies such as Unravel or A Way Out) and I'm actually fine with this as old EA games are pretty much what I want from them.

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
they might ... after all, they only gave up on it on origin because they couldn't be bothered to add proper region checks for accounts :p so it was easier for them to just say "fuck it" and not do regional pricing at all ;)
They kinda have some sort of regional pricing here, but it's so inconsistent they might as well not have it. Plus, they almost never have decent sales these days.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
oh absolutely ... in fact - i only really want their older games ... i have practically ZERO interest in any of their new stuff

but they might also put their originals games on steam as well (like Unravel etc.) ... or at least i hope they will
Same boat. Im only interested in their older stuff. I want Dragon Age Inquisition, Mass Effect 3, Dead Space 3 and Crysis 3 so I can complete the trilogies on Steam.

Also my friend would be really excited for ME3 on Steam. He loves ME2 but never played 3

Also even though I 100%’d it on console and have a serious love hate relationship with it, id buy ME Catalyst on Steam.

Last edited:
Reactions: QFNS and lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Same boat. Im only interested in their older stuff. I want Dragon Age Inquisition, Mass Effect 3, Dead Space 3 and Crysis 3 so I can complete the trilogies on Steam.

Also my friend would be really excited for ME3 on Steam. He loves ME2 but never played 3
yeah, it's pretty much exactly the same for me ... just give me all the singleplayer games we missed ... all the EA originals (or whatever they're called nowadays) ... maybe The Sims 4

and that's about it ... i'd be happy with just that

they can keep fifa, battlefront, battlefield etc. - don't care about any of those

Reactions: MJunioR and Arsene
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
The performance of recent Japanese RPG releases based on CCU peak:

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: 2.4k
Doraemon Story of Seasons: 1.4k
Dragon Star Varnir: 318
Grandia HD Remaster: 301
Super Robot Wars V: 2.2k
is that good or bad? can't really tell ...

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019

Not bad for Digimon considering it's an AA (if that) game with a pretty high price tag on it.

Reactions: PC-tan and lashman

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

Robot Wars being the 2nd highest despite being region locked is really surprising. Let me buy it in Canada cowards

Last edited:

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
They kinda have some sort of regional pricing here, but it's so inconsistent they might as well not have it. Plus, they almost never have decent sales these days.
Some of their games drop superquick in price and you can get them cheap through keysellers or even Amazon and they do have sales on Origin regularly. BFV, Battlefront 2 and Anthem got discounted fast and even Fifa goes to 50% or lower long before the next one comes out. Or see the Humble Sale, Burnout Remaster was 4,99€ afair. Can't comment on regional pricing but I got all my EA stuff rather cheaply and usually not long after release.

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Some of their games drop superquick in price and you can get them cheap through keysellers or even Amazon and they do have sales on Origin regularly. BFV, Battlefront 2 and Anthem got discounted fast and even Fifa goes to 50% or lower long before the next one comes out.
Yeah, but they're still pretty expensive even during sales here. Battlefront 2 is an exception tho, I remember it was selling for a pretty cheap price several times.

Deleted member 113

Remember CHASM?

Me neither

terrible game
Oh, I remember it.
The developers were such dicks, they pretty much made certain I'll never give them a single cent.

A quick story. I originally backed their game on Kickstarter, at a tier that had some exclusive in-game items (I believe it was $50+, or $70+; what can I say, at the time there weren't many metroidvania titles around on PC, and Castlevania was dead and buried, so the promise on a new game in that genre was enticing). Midway through the campaign, they opened pre-orders with the same content, for the same prices, at their website.

5 days or so before the campaign ended, I had an unexpected house expense (water damage due to a broken pipe, that also damaged a neighbour's house), and I wouldn't be able to have the necessary funds when the campaign ended (at the time I was unaware that, if your card is declined, you had 7 days to update the information), so I contacted them about it, and said something like "Hey, this has happened. I get paid a few days after the campaign closes, will those pre-orders remain on your website? I would love to get my hands on those in-game items. Can you help me out with this, so I won't miss out on them?", and they told me something like "Yes, those pre-orders will remain open. Don't worry, you will be able to pre-order it, and get those exclusive items".

A day (yes, a single day; in fact, I believe it didn't even reach 24 hours, it was slightly less than than) after the campaign ended, I was paid, I go to their website, and they indeed have the pre-orders still up, at the same prices, but removed the exclusive in-game content from them. So, I contacted them about it, and asked about it, and they told me the items would be exclusive to Kickstarter, and not available to anyone else. I told them "But, I even dropped you a message a few days ago about this, and you assured me I would be able to get them. Can't you help me out with this? I mean, I backed the game, I just had to cancel my backing for the reasons I explained, and now, 24h (or less) later, I'm here willing to pay the same amount of money, or even a little extra if needed, to get those items", and I was shut down, despite what that same person had told me a couple of days before.

Some indie developers are a bit delusional in their "grandeur".
The guys acted like they had no interest in my money, and were rather arrogant about the whole thing in their replies.
Here I was, willing to give them far more than the game would surely retail for, and even offering to pay a little extra for the "delay", and they were completely unwilling to help me out, despite what they had said a couple of days before.

So, instead of my $50+ or $70+, they got a big fat zero.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Ruymen most likely rafers to Jason Ruymen who works at Valve, specifically with third party publishers.

It certainly is interesting test.
The more we know the more interesting it gets.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019

Surprised with SRWV's number considering it's more niche than Digimon and region locked.

Reactions: PC-tan and Arsene

Alexandros

MetaMember
Nov 4, 2018
The only good game at Origin is The Saboteur anyway.

give me FIFA on Steam you fucks
Saboteur is basically the only game I want (besides some legacy stuff like Ultima and Wing Commander). I think PES easily outclasses FIFA in the gameplay department to be honest.

yup, pretty much this

there's practically zero chance we'll see stuff like fifa or battlefront on steam
I'm fine with that. EA's recent output has been incredibly disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.