Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
i REALLY hate when devs and publishers do that (delist without a warning)

in case anyone wants to grab it before it's gone everywhere:

I like to imagine that in many cases the company that loses the rights contractually can't publicize the thing and earn some more sales.
That or they are idiots. That works, too.

Still pissed at missing the second supposedly good Transformers game myself.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I bought it from GameBillet. Don't make me regret this purchase :D

edit: fuck it. the payment was failed and now it's not available >.<

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I like to imagine that in many cases the company that loses the rights contractually can't publicize the thing and earn some more sales.
i can't see why they wouldn't be able to do that ... they DO own the rights up until the moment they don't ... so they can sell the games until the last second

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
My SO would file for divorce if I pulled that lmao. No scares allowed 😭
SO?

GET OUT NORMIE

Still available here

Is the game any good? I will make quick purchase if it is!
It really isn't unfortunately, let me tell you that as a huge fan of the show.

Reactions: beep boop

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
i can't see why they wouldn't be able to do that ... they DO own the rights up until the moment they don't ... so they can sell the games until the last second
Well, in my theory, which admittedly comes from my rear end, it would be a clause of the original contract. If I put myself in the shoes of the other party, I wouldn't particularly appreciate that the soon to be ex partner make a big fuss about it or do a sale or something.
How very capitalistic, fitting since I'm neck deep in Outer Worlds.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Title suggestion, Thanks to Tizoc!
Metasteam | November 2019 - No star wars subtitle pls.

With Resident Evil 6, Wasn't there a bit of a kerfuffle because people were saying RE6 was a bit crap but the real problem was it didn't surface it's combat moves well enough so most people didn't know about tons of moves and intricacies the game had? The stuff was there but badly communicated or not communicated at all?

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Let's put it another way. Knowing how fucking greedy companies are, how do you explain that they 99% of the time never warn people before delisting ?

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Snapped it from Humble. Well, even if I don't end up liking it, it doesn't seem like a game that would bore me, so thanks for the heads up, lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Title suggestion, Thanks to Tizoc!
Metasteam | November 2019 - No star wars subtitle pls.
i'm gonna need something better :p

Let's put it another way. Knowing how fucking greedy companies are, how do you explain that they 99% of the time never warn people before delisting ?
it's a game they're about to delist ... it probably hasn't been selling for quite a while ... they just don't care

Snapped it from Humble. Well, even if I don't end up liking it, it doesn't seem like a game that would bore me, so thanks for the heads up, lashman
no problem, man :) glad i could help

I still found 10 euro to be too much for something I will probably never touch. I still want to buy it though, just not for 10 euros...
well this is your last chance ... doubt it'll ever come back

Reactions: Li Kao and MJunioR

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I must have bought it when the original delisting rumour started as LWA is already in my library. I can't think of why i would have bought it otherwise.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I was waiting for it to be like 5 euros so 8 from Humble is good enough. Now I need to ask GameBillet for my money back though.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
it's a game they're about to delist ... it probably hasn't been selling for quite a while ... they just don't care
You are telling me that nobody in the sale or marketing department of these companies thought about sucking one last drop of money from a license they paid for. That the fucking companies we are talking about, who absolutely love to usually, didn't think about using FOMO ?
It's possible.

By this point we must have identified the three possibilities.
  • They don't care
  • They are stupid
  • They can't

It's something I would like an insider to clear up, for curios sake.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
You are telling me that nobody in the sale or marketing department of these companies thought about sucking one last drop of money from a license they paid for. That the fucking companies we are talking about, who absolutely love to usually, didn't think about using FOMO ?
It's possible.

By this point we must have identified the three possibilities.
  • They don't care
  • They are stupid
  • They can't

It's something I would like an insider to clear up, for curios sake.
maybe JaseC will know :)

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
By the way are Resistance and Killzone good FPS games?
I can only speak for K2 and 3 (platinum'd 3) and R3 (almost platinum'd afair). They're all good for console FPS' standards, meaning the pace is really slow and K2 has extra-sluggish controls on top (fans tried to sell them as 'realistically heavy', nah) but I liked the supergrim look and world. K3 is more colorful and plays better, both are some of best looking PS3 games. R3 got imo a tad overhyped over time but has an interesting story, diverse levels and a weapon wheel instead of the common 2 guns limit, some compare it to HL2 which I can see but it never reached that level for me. And sadly the PS3 holds it back on a technical level to such an extent that it seriously affected my enjoyment. The FOV might be one of the most narrow I've ever seen in any FPS and the resolution is low, you can only guess how good it could've looked on better hardware.

For those who were interested in the previous post, Blissful Ignorance is now live on Google Play and Steam. :) Links are below!
Cool, bought all three in one go.

Spookyfriend

Jan 27, 2019
Reactions: MJunioR and lashman

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I still found 10 euro to be too much for something I will probably never touch. I still want to buy it though, just not for 10 euros...
With Humble Monthly discount it is 8 euros. Not quite good as Gamebillet, but they already removed it from there.. Wasn't able to buy from Gamebillet so I bought from Humble instead

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
Although I would like the +1 I have never heard of Witch anime and the game doesnt look to be so hot unless you are in it for the fan service. $8 is tempting though.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I got my copy for $7 USD on HB just now.

Not bad but I do wish that I did get the Bandai make your own bundle way back when.

Also the PC version never got the bonus extra game. But I do think that Bandai did eventually make it free on PS4 (is the PS4 version also getting delisted?)

I refunded it originally because my PC at the time was having issues with the game.

Overall the game seems decent if your a fan of the series but if you are not then you likely will not enjoy the game.

Also ha, ATLUS you are funny but it's to be expected.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Although I would like the +1 I have never heard of Witch anime and the game doesnt look to be so hot unless you are in it for the fan service. $8 is tempting though.
The anime is good, but the game doesn't seem to be too hot.
I was waiting for it to be cheaper or bundled, but eh if its delisted now than I can live with missing out on it.

Reactions: arts&crafts

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Just read that Fallout 76 players who actually paid for the ridiculous premium subscription are being targeted by almost everyone else. Suits them right, these whales are ruining it for everyone!
I... actually did not expect that to happen. Class War in the Wasteland!

Samson Is it really Snow or actually Ghosts?

Reactions: Samson and Ge0force

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
Tomorrow is hamble day. EGS time? I think we will get one more really good bundle before choice assuming choice doesnt start tomorrow.

Reactions: Wok

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
For those who haven't played the game, be very warned. There are lots of huge spoilers of later chapters in that trailer. It's not really a good trailer anyway, just some cuts from various cutscenes in the 2nd half of the game.

It's almost like they did it on purpose.
Launch trailers are the worst but I can't really blame marketing teams for spoiling stuff in them. Only reason anyone would create launch trailers for games is to persuade all those on the fence of buying a game. You gotta start spoiling stuff to tip the scales. Those who made up their mind to buy shouldn't be watching them. I avoid them at all cost nowadays.

But speaking of launch trailers...MGSV and Dark Souls 3 will forever be the goats ❤❤❤

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
Launch trailers are the worst but I can't really blame marketing teams for spoiling stuff in them. Only reason anyone would create launch trailers for games is to persuade all those on the fence of buying a game. You gotta start spoiling stuff to tip the scales. Those who made up their mind to buy shouldn't be watching them. I avoid them at all cost nowadays.

But speaking of launch trailers...MGSV and Dark Souls 3 will forever be the goats ❤❤❤
Did someone mention 🐐

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia

There are other options to showcase the game, such us showing the various activities in the game, including bounty hunting, fishing, hunting, stealing, etc. Or, they can showcase story related cutscenes of earlier chapters instead. There are lots of cool stuff too earlier, and they wouldn't spoil the story too much like in that trailer.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Tomorrow is hamble day. EGS time? I think we will get one more really good bundle before choice assuming choice doesnt start tomorrow.
I hope choice starts tomorrow. I'm looking forward to having all the games revealed at once, 10 games for $12, and I bet the first choice bundle at least will be a big effort on humble's part. Way better than the grab bag model. It was an easy decision to pass on the Spryo/COD bundle.

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
I hope choice starts tomorrow. I'm looking forward to having all the games revealed at once, 10 games for $12, and I bet the first choice bundle at least will be a big effort on humble's part. Way better than the grab bag model. It was an easy decision to pass on the Spryo/COD bundle.
I was pissed at the time as I bought Spyro at launch a few weeks earlier for $50 Canadian! ...but I sold COD and Spyro keys from bundle so I essentially got Crash for free so I am not too mad. Also Spyro was worth the $50 so its not like when I bought Brink for $60 at launch :worried-face:

Status
Not open for further replies.