Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Yeah, I'm planning on getting a Switch soon too, any recommendations aside from the typical Zelda and Mario? (which are more or less the only things I know from Nintendo)
My own list so far includes:

Bayonetta 2 (which comes with a digital copy of B1)
Bayonetta 3
Daemon X Machina
Astral Chain
Zelda: BotW 1+2
SMTV
FE: Three Houses + DLC Pass
XBC2 + Expansion
XBC Remaster
#FE Encore
Rune Factory 5
Taiko No Tatsujin
Pokemon Sword/Shield (haven't decided which)
Animal Crossing

... I think that's about it for now. It's basically for exclusives only. My main platform is still PC after all.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I am more baffled by people's reaction to Acti having sold out to China. It's probably the same crowd that thinks games should apolitical or whatever. Totally naive, and willfully ignorant at the same time. If you think a free and fair society are nice things to have, you should be pissed of anytime a company has dealings with a major Chinese investor. Any large Chinese corporation, is in one way or the other, an extension of the government, and everything they stand for.

I'm positively surprised by the positive support for Hong Kong, though. Would have thought most people, even in video games, would ignore it

Rando10123

Sep 15, 2019
call me cynical but there has been so many controversies in the gaming industry and nothing happened afterwards. it feels that in a month, things will go on as usual.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I'm positively surprised by the positive support for Hong Kong, though. Would have thought most people, even in video games, would ignore it
The Hong Kong protests have been going on for more than a month. It's only now that people aware of it in gaming scene, due to Blizzard.

It's quite sad, but at least it's something. They get more support that they needed.

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
To me about the hong kong protests for me, this incident is what gets people to delete their account. Not actual genocide to ulyghurs earns a gamer protest a Hong Kong streamer gets banned and has his earnings stripped. That's the thing gamers are doing. That's the thing. Literal censorship gets these guys going. Not actual literal genocide. I mean it's kinda good reason tbqh honest but people should've abandoned Blizzard long ago like i did.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Yeah, I'm planning on getting a Switch soon too, any recommendations aside from the typical Zelda and Mario? (which are more or less the only things I know from Nintendo)
Fire Emblem Three Houses

It was my first Fire Emblem game and I enjoyed it quite a lot. (Though the resolution and lack of AF is a bit of a downer :p)

Reactions: PC-tan

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
To me about the hong kong protests for me, this incident is what gets people to delete their account. Not actual genocide to ulyghurs earns a gamer protest a Hong Kong streamer gets banned and has his earnings stripped. That's the thing gamers are doing. That's the thing. Literal censorship gets these guys going. Not actual literal genocide. I mean it's kinda good reason tbqh honest but people should've abandoned Blizzard long ago like i did.
Yup, this only make me sad really.

Rando10123

Sep 15, 2019
No one cares about Muslims or they pretend to care if they're minorities. If they do actual care, then corporate media would report it and so many issues would've been solved if people actually organized on how to help them.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Fire Emblem Three Houses

It was my first Fire Emblem game and I enjoyed it quite a lot. (Though the resolution and lack of AF is a bit of a downer :p)
Did you play docked or hand-held? :thinking-face: My own Switch is never getting docked. Can't imagine stretching those tiny resolution games on a 4K tv lol.

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
are there any consolecentric threads more vomit worthy then PS5/Xbone Two threads

just christ almighty asshole STFU and wait for some more info

Reactions: AHA-Lambda

Deleted member 113

Allow me to make a completely OT question.
I'm moving to a new house (this month), and I had to change my cable provider.

I used to watch Netflix through the TV Box that the previous provider supplied, since it already had an option on its software for the service, but the current one won't have this, since they have their own competing service.

I was wondering: what would be a good, cheap, equipment, that allows me to connect a wired ethernet cable to it (and HDMI to the TV) and watch Netflix (and maybe Amazon's service, since I'll probably watch ST: Picard)?

Reactions: Deku and Wok
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Hot damn. I have a lot of issues with Parsec so this is super rad. Hopefully it works as well as regular remote play.
yeah, we'll see how they did it soon ... either way - it's really cool they're doing it ... basically helping small indie devs do online multiplayer without having to do any of the work (local co-op is INFINITELY easier to do on the dev side than even simplest online co-op) ... that's why so many indie games are local co-op only

otherwise known as: killing small devs

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
Capital G "Gamers" are pretty stupid, but in reality it's not that different from any other entertainment driven fanbase.

You see this all the time where a movie star or a pop singer will take up a cause and suddenly millions of people who never gave a shit suddenly care because A-List Hollywood Star told them to.

It sucks, but if it gets more people looking at Hong Kong and what the government of China is doing, then so be it.

edit:

Also, this is the kind of complicated thing with geopolitical news.

It seems like a lot of the outrage is coming from a supposedly "Western" corporation that claims to have lots of democratic/diverse/humanistic ideals censoring someone. It feels kind of gross to say, but for most people reading news about Bad Things Happening™ in foreign countries, there's a sense of "That's horrible but what can I do to change it from here?" and perhaps even worse "That stinks, but it doesn't really impact me."

If Blizzard censoring a streamer is a turning point for more people realizing that authoritarian states are a threat to everyone, including but not limited to their own citizens, again so be it. I've been waiting for people to turn on the big tech companies, big media cartels and gaming corporations for playing footsie with authoritarian states for years, so I'm just happy it's happening even a little.

Last edited:

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I was wondering: what would be a good, cheap, equipment, that allows me to connect a wired ethernet cable to it (and HDMI to the TV) and watch Netflix (and maybe Amazon's service, since I'll probably watch ST: Picard)?
Probably a Google Chromecast, or Chromecast Ultra, if you need 4K/2160p. You'll need a mobile or laptop for casting the content, though.

The best alternative would be to connect your PC to the TV, but a game console (if you have one) can do the same.

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Did you play docked or hand-held? :thinking-face: My own Switch is never getting docked. Can't imagine stretching those tiny resolution games on a 4K tv lol.
I run my Switch through my Framemeister, and it's somewhat acceptable. Overclocking my Switch helped with the framerate just a little, but the dynamic resolution thing is still bad. Xenoblade 2, especially.

Reactions: 「Echo」

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Hmm, if I want to use a DS4 on ios 13, I should buy a controller exclusively for that, isn't it ?
If I use my PC wired DS4, hilarity will ensue when playing on PC, or am I wrong ?

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
If anyone cares, Riot has issued a clarification on the Hong Kong Attitude issue:

If you believe this, the timeline is theoretically this:
  • NBA/Rockets drama happens (last Saturday).
  • Blizzard blitzchung drama happens (ban ruling for player and caster came out around 11 PM EST on Monday).
  • By game time (at 5AM ESTon Tuesday), no one from Riot clarified to the casters how they should refer to the team, or talked to them about the drama in general.
  • So Riot's casters were biting their own tongue without being instructed to do so because they were worried about getting in trouble like the Blizzard casters had.
  • Officially, Riot would apparently like the broadcast talent to refer to them by their full name of Hong Kong Attitude.
Whether or not any of this is true. Riot in spite of being owned by Tencent, is at least marginally better at PR than Blizzard is. So that's kind of hilarious to me.

It's stupid that we live in a world where casters would ever have to even remotely worry about whether or not they should use a team's name, but it's an okay-ish clarification. I'm still very much in a wait and see mode to see if anything happens should a player try to say anything pro-HK or if fans try to wear pro-HK attire or show pro-HK signs.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
My own list so far includes:

Bayonetta 2 (which comes with a digital copy of B1)
Bayonetta 3
Daemon X Machina
Astral Chain
Zelda: BotW 1+2
SMTV
FE: Three Houses + DLC Pass
XBC2 + Expansion
XBC Remaster
#FE Encore
Rune Factory 5
Taiko No Tatsujin
Pokemon Sword/Shield (haven't decided which)
Animal Crossing

... I think that's about it for now. It's basically for exclusives only. My main platform is still PC after all.

By the way at this point in time you might as well take out SMT V.... We are more likely to see Persona 6 on PS5 than we are to see SMT V on N/S

Ya I was wondering if the Turbo people were actually familiar with Steam at all, see Gaben this is what happens when you don't have Steam Dev days (off topic is the media even allowed at this events)

lazy volvo being lazy again

From my recent experience with Remote Play locally on my phone it was pretty good. As a comparison it seems that Sony has only just now made remote play to non Sony android phones and people have been saying that performance is not that great. Now it did just come out but if in the next year or so if it doesn't get better well that's a dumb feature.

Reactions: lashman

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
By the way at this point in time you might as well take out SMT V.... We are more likely to see Persona 6 on PS5 than we are to see SMT V on N/S
I think we'll see P5RR (Royal Remastered) on PS5, P5R anime, P5R x Guilty Gear collab, mobage collab etc. before Atlus even start teasing P6. :dana_blanket:

Reactions: PC-tan

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I'm mildly confused about the SMTV doubt? Is it just the fact they haven't spoken on it since announcement? :thinking-face:
IIRC apart from the initial announcement (which honestly looked like something they shat out in 30 mins before the presentation) and some magazine scans they havent spoke about the game at all.

Reactions: 「Echo」

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I'm mildly confused about the SMTV doubt? Is it just the fact they haven't spoken on it since announcement? :thinking-face:
That and in general it just feels like ATLUS is more interested in Persona than it is in SMT. And from a financial point of view I don't blame them
The last SMT game that I recall coming out was Strange Journey Redux for the 3DS. I would have thought that there would be a launch edition or something for it in the west (NA) but no there was not, I thought it might be due to how it's 2018 and how the 3DS is old but guess what EO got a launch edition a few month later (?) and earlier this year PQ2 released for the 3DS and even had a small CE.

Maybe there are no connections at all but I do have my doubts

Status
Not open for further replies.