Community MetaSteam September 2022 | You were expecting Kingdom Hearts, but it’s me Dio(field)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
He nuked everything because of one, literally just one, dissenting opinion in his "Ai Art" thread. And it wasn't even particularly vicious, there was plenty of room for discussion. As Le Pertti can attest to also.

What's the point of joining a discussion forum if a single opinion topples you completely and you cannot consider from any perspective but your own?

Mildly annoying "drama" for no reason. I wish I had archived my post somewhere.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Trombone Champ is tearing up the charts right now. It has gone viral as the latest meme game and I've seen several Twitter posts of the game that have tens of thousands of likes.
It is solidly fun, like holy moly. I really am excited they are planning more songs for it as it is actually a solid rhythm game. I think the controls should be tightened up a smidge, but they are planning on adding more control options which hopefully resolve the minor issues I have with it.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
It is solidly fun, like holy moly. I really am excited they are planning more songs for it as it is actually a solid rhythm game. I think the controls should be tightened up a smidge, but they are planning on adding more control options which hopefully resolve the minor issues I have with it.
If they don't have "The Acrobat" aka "The Jonny Briggs Intro Theme" then they are rubbish and half-arsing their whole project.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
All six party members of Armed Fantasia are revealed. One of them is a busty aristocratic lady, named Mercedes Rosenberg, who carries a big f**king gatling gun... Peak anime.

Last edited:

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
All six party members of Armed Fantasia are revealed. One of them is a busty aristocratic lady, named Mercedes Rosenberg, who carries a big f**king gatling gun... Peak anime.
And people say videogames aren't art.
More seriously, the chara designs are preeeetty bad in that game. It has a strong 90s energy. Ans as often for those games, the NPCs look better than the weirdly out of place cast...
Still curious about the game when(if?) it releases.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
He nuked everything because of one, literally just one, dissenting opinion in his "Ai Art" thread. And it wasn't even particularly vicious, there was plenty of room for discussion. As Le Pertti can attest to also.

What's the point of joining a discussion forum if a single opinion topples you completely and you cannot consider from any perspective but your own?

Mildly annoying "drama" for no reason. I wish I had archived my post somewhere.
I think he even deleted us (or at least me) from his friend accounts. I hope he's doing well.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
My instinct tells me this is going to be one of the best games in 2022. Bought! Thanks for the heads-up.

Edit: Indies performance strikes again! GPU is constantly at 99% when playing on Deck. Need to wait for a patch...
Apparently I was not completely awoke when I test the game. I put the graphics to middle and everything runs fine afterwards.
And people say videogames aren't art.
More seriously, the chara designs are preeeetty bad in that game. It has a strong 90s energy. Ans as often for those games, the NPCs look better than the weirdly out of place cast...
Still curious about the game when(if?) it releases.
I... feel the complete opposite. Love the over-the-top manga style. I sorely miss JRPGs like this these days.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Solium Infernum is back?! WooHooooooo!
I think the last time i played that was a decade ago.

Oh, it's a remake and update of the original game. Hopefully they keep the spirit of lies, deception and backroom deals and betrayals that the original had.

I still have my old files and stuff for Solium Infernum & Armageddon Empires around here somewhere.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I... feel the complete opposite. Love the over-the-top manga style. I sorely miss JRPGs like this these days.
It's all about consistency, if you go for a steampunk western aesthetic (which is cool since it's not like we get Wild Arms), with the world and everyone looking very.... western, you need characters that don't look like this:

When everyone looks like this:

Not that the design is terrible, but that she's straight out of Kingdom Hearts or some SMT spinoff like Soul Hackers.
Or else do it like Star Ocean with a reason why some characters are designed by Tolkien and some stumbled out of Shinjuku.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Is Gundam Evolution region locked or something, not showing up on my Steam client.

tetel

MetaMember
Jan 7, 2020

Seems to only be available in a few countries for some reason (it's not available for me either, in Portugal). Maybe they configured it incorrectly?
It's intended:

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Prices for AAA games at launch are roughly equivalent between console and PC for me but 90% of the time i can wait as they are not my main gaming focus. I do feel that if you are only really into AAA games then just go get a console tbh.

There's regular sales where i can pick up AAA games at mad discount and with a big library the newest-of-the-new AAA releases can wait, i've got enough games to get on with playing that i can ignore the AAA market for years and still be entertained. Especially when i can mod the hell out of older PC games and give them a new lease of life too.
Maybe I'm just lucky, but for the "big" games I'm interested in (which aren't that many) I feel like getting them on PC is still substantially cheaper than getting them on console.
The last "big" game I bought at/before launch was Elden Ring, and I paid 35 € for that.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Maybe I'm just lucky, but for the "big" games I'm interested in (which aren't that many) I feel like getting them on PC is still substantially cheaper than getting them on console.
The last "big" game I bought at/before launch was Elden Ring, and I paid 35 € for that.
Depends on the region, the regional pricing in some regions got alot worse in the last few years, especially for games from big publishers.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Yeah, PC gaming as a whole has been cheaper for me in the long run. There's very few instances of needing to pay for full prices.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
I never know how the fuck to read those pricing charts haha
Actual Price / Price in Dollars / Suggested Regional Pricing with % in relation to the base price / Difference in %

Price in Argentina is 2128 Argentine Pesos, that price in dollars is 14.65, suggested by Valve to be priced at 329.99 Argentine Pesos, at 2128 Argentine Pesos it's 545% more expensive than it should be.

Last edited:

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Depends on the region, the regional pricing in some regions got alot worse in the last few years, especially for games from big publishers.
Yeah, I think for games where there are no Steam keys out it's much harder. Luckily I only very rarely want to buy one of those games immediately.
(I mean, if Elden Ring had been €60 I'd have paid that, but that's a rare exception)

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Squad 51 is really good. The devs nailed the 50's science fiction theme with their (overacted) live action videos and B&W graphics, and they also managed to create a great shoot 'em up with lots of variation in the level design. After the brilliant Drainus earlier this year, I'm happy to see this genre getting more love.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Quick I need 250$ to buy books
Now before you ask, books are things with words in them

They're reaching their 1.0 release (On 0.9) Multiplayer alpha testers are getting the servers turned on 24/7 and they're ramping up polishing etc, kind of cool

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Decided to quit Dead Cells for now, nearly 29 hours and half of the cheevos. Simply got too tired of the game, made me hate playing it, the runs got too much alike and the biomes are far too big to ge the "one more run" feeling I get when playing other roguelikes like Isaac, Slay, Spelunky and Risk of Rain 2.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I'm currently playing

I never played the original, and I barely know Spongebob, so I can't say the nostalgia factor works on me (though the meme pictures I do recognize at least).
... but I'm surprised that I'm enjoying it a lot more than I expected, of course it's a very simple, very easy game for kids, that's the target. But it plays very smoothly, the amount of movement abilities is quite decent and you unlock more through the game... but it's the level design that surprises me the most- the game has pretty big levels, lots of verticality, you can see very far ahead where you'll be going, and you can go back with teleporters and unlockable shortcuts; along some more linear segments and little challenges here and there.

For having played many, many B tier platformers, this is a very nice surprise to not see another rushed licensed game being a glorified corridor (which would also apply to a lot of the big names in the genre...) with a Spongebob skin but instead a very decent game with tons of flavorful levels, I can see why fans of the show liked it back in 2003.

I replayed a bunch of older and more recent games... and frankly, it's among the best ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.