|OT| Monthly Videogame Quiz

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Damn, good job Milena. Now I know I need to try harder on this next one (though I don't think any amount of searching would have helped me find Creature Shock or Terra Nova).

Reactions: Milena

BlackRainbowFT

Apr 17, 2019
Yup! It was great. I got 14 out of 15 submitted... that's sort of acceptable. And I knew that the 25th had to be from a pinball game, but couldn't figure out which one.
Now that I look at the answers I'm happy I quit when I did... I'd never have found them.

EDIT: ¿ WHEN IS THE NEXT ONE ?

blindrhythm

positively pudding
Apr 17, 2019
Gah! Magic Carpet! That one bugged me so much. I knew I recognized it, but the name just wouldn't come to me. Ecstatica 2 was the one that I was completely lost with.

And congrats to you, Milena! Almost a perfect score is pretty impressive. :)

May Quiz
OP
Mr_Horizon

Mr_Horizon

Apr 1, 2019
Berlin
www.retrogamequiz.com

May Quiz - handheld gaming

Two weeks ago the Nintendo Game Boy turned 30 years old, and to honor its legacy this round is dedicated to games for handheld consoles - but only on devices 100% made for video games, mobile phones are excluded.

Of course this topic means that Nintendos many handhelds are heavily covered, but I kept a balance: One half of this quiz is for games where Big N didn't supply the hardware.

After the round for MS-DOS classics this month might not be as easy, as a few obscure titles made their way into the lower half of the picture... but I am confident you can do it.

Well then, hope you brought enough batteries or an AC adapter to charge on the go? :p

Deadline is Friday the 31st of May, please participate via May 2019 - Handheld Gaming Quiz

here is the quiz, good luck!

Milena

Slow Player
Jan 4, 2019
I've played less than 10 handheld games in my life, this won't go as well as last month :face-with-cold-sweat:

TubaZef

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
Luckly I've played a lot of handhelds... but I only know half.

7 and 16 are a little hard to pinpoint which entry in the series.

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
I have pretty much never played any of the handhelds I've owned so this will be a bit rough. I don't think I'll figure out any of the last five. I do know, or feel confident in finding, around 15 of the titles but this is still a pretty rough one.

Milena

Slow Player
Jan 4, 2019
After a few days of boredom at work, I disovered that I'm pretty good at discovering things after all.
I'm still unsure about a few entries, so I'll wait for hints, but the only one I really have no clue about is n. 25.

OP
Mr_Horizon

Mr_Horizon

Apr 1, 2019
Berlin
www.retrogamequiz.com
May Quiz - Clues #1

I hope your battery still lasts a bit, this month is at best half over - more than enough time to join the 35 contestants (four from here) that already submitted their first round of anwers.
In regards to points all doors are still open, the top 10 already starts at sixteen correct answers... maybe these clues will help:

1) Twelve games for Nintendo platforms, three each for Sega and Atari, plus six for Sony. A single title remains a mystery for now. ;)
2) For the companies named above, the rule is "three quiz entries per console" (pre-advance Game Boys count as one though)
3) Number 8 & 9 were launch titles.
4) Number 1 is said to be the best game for that console.
5) the games 11 & 17 are turnbased RPGs.

That's it, let's go!

Deadline is Friday the 31st of May, participate via May 2019 - Handheld Gaming Quiz

here the quiz again: https://i.lensdump.com/i/W4vCIT.png

ISee

Mar 1, 2019
Nope, only had the original Game Boy. Actually the only console I owned till I bought a PS3.