Community Movies/Shows you have seen recently or looking forward to...

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
New He-man/Masters of the Universe series is up on netflix

I'm liking it so far and I've not watched any he-man show before

I love the toy centric style of the intro in ep. 1 too

• Gib
Reactions: Li Kao and Swenhir

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Speaking of DUNE, it looks like Germany is getting a 4k Steelbook Ultimate Edition the jammy basts.

The UK get a Zaavi Limited Edition.

• Gib
Reactions: Swenhir and Stevey

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
New He-man/Masters of the Universe series is up on netflix

I'm liking it so far and I've not watched any he-man show before

I love the toy centric style of the intro in ep. 1 too
This is my early youth, I’m seriously tempted to buy a month if netflix.
But then again, this IS my early youth, it occurred to me that it could turn a little bit of a lot to handle.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
This is my early youth, I’m seriously tempted to buy a month if netflix.
But then again, this IS my early youth, it occurred to me that it could turn a little bit of a lot to handle.
The new series is defo. a tribute to fans of the original show, and it is overall really solid and fun. If you're not up for using netflix well...there's always other means ;3

I'll say this though, I really like Teela in this series.

• Gib
  • Comfy
Reactions: Swenhir and Li Kao

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Wheel of Time Season 1 releases in November.
Awesome, if it's like the books it'll be a million episodes long and have entire episodes describing someone's glove. lol.
It's been maybe 10 years since i've read it though but i do remember skim reading a lot of pages that just seemed filler or pretentious.

Pommes

Hey you! Have a nice day!
Jun 4, 2019
Awesome, if it's like the books it'll be a million episodes long and have entire episodes describing someone's glove. lol.
It's been maybe 10 years since i've read it though but i do remember skim reading a lot of pages that just seemed filler or pretentious.
Well season 1 has 8 episodes and the showrunner said that he has planned the series to have 8 seasons. So it could have it lengths :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:
But it was already confirmed to have many changes (as any adaption). So perhaps it will be fast paced enough to keep the attention of the viewers...

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Feels so good to be back in the cinema again. I go like several times a week, even watch movies that don't even seem that good. Its only in the cinema I can really get into a movie, since at home I watch one my laptop.

Reactions: Pommes

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Masters of the Universe Revelation was really fun.

This treatment needs to be done for Thundercats.
Li Kao listen to thiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssssssssss

I really liked it too. That wham ending though, wow. On a personal level, I really like how they portrayed Adam. A hero with a degree of emotional intelligence, that's nice. Orok's death was also absolutely epic.

I didn't think I'd be hooked on those five episodes, but I devoured them.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Oh, I knew Series 2 of War of the Worlds was coming but didn't realise there were two episodes up already. Neat.
Let's see how it goes. I thought Series 1 was pretty good.

Watched Helstrom and while it was fine it was kinda losing me towards the end. I can see why it was cancelled as you could tell it was just going to be relentlessly bleak with hope, betrayal, hope, betrayal etc forever. Not even that surprised to find out after the show that it's tied in to Marvel though i'm glad they didn't lean into the MCU in an attempt to bring people in.

Bring Constantine back you cowards!

Reactions: Stevey

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
NETFLIX
HOW
YOU GONNA
GIVE ME
THIS NEW SEASON OF YOUR TRANSFORMERS SERIES
AND CHEAPEN OUT ON THE VOICE ACTING TALENT
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

• Sad
Reactions: ISee

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Wheel of Time is coming Nov 2021.

Wheel of Time

I just hope they do not fuck it up. The big, high fantasy saga of my generation.

edit: oh well, Pommes already posted about it. Should have scrolled further up. sry.

I assumed people on a forum like this would take the opportunity to talk continously about wheel of times, when given the opportunity.
So in truth it's all on you :toucan:

Last edited:

Pommes

Jun 4, 2019
Wheel of Time is coming Nov 2021.

Wheel of Time

I just hope they do not fuck it up. The big, high fantasy saga of my generation.

edit: oh well, Pommes already posted about it. Should have scrolled further up. sry.

I assumed people on a forum like this would take the opportunity to talk continously about wheel of times, when given the opportunity.
So in truth it's all on you :toucan:
Not a problem :hugging-face:
Maybe I will create a thread for WoT when the series releases.
Since the episodes will probably released weekly it could be nice to have discussions about the series.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Started watching SEE, I was expecting something pretty bad but entertaining but its actually super good! I was expecting like CW quality but its ways better, the production quality is one of its strong points.

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
I've been watching Mr Inbetween! It's really good. Funny as hell. it's easy to like the main protagonist even if he can be an asshole. It's a fun watch.

Minsc

Aug 7, 2021
Not a problem :hugging-face:
Maybe I will create a thread for WoT when the series releases.
Since the episodes will probably released weekly it could be nice to have discussions about the series.
I'm pretty excited for this show. The Witcher was like a total unexpected amazing show for me (with tons of B-movie style cheese (pretty much anything to do with Geralt and Dandelion) and also some pretty intense serious moments like Yennefer's origin story), if they can capture something similar in WoT I'll be so happy.

Reactions: Pommes and lashman

Pommes

Jun 4, 2019
I'm pretty excited for this show. The Witcher was like a total unexpected amazing show for me (with tons of B-movie style cheese (pretty much anything to do with Geralt and Dandelion) and also some pretty intense serious moments like Yennefer's origin story), if they can capture something similar in WoT I'll be so happy.
I expect the vibe to be quite different. The story and production will have a "bigger" feel and there probably won't be as many lighthearted/cheesy scenes as in The Witcher. But there also is a bard (ok gleeman) in WoT :winking-face:

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Started watching SEE, I was expecting something pretty bad but entertaining but its actually super good! I was expecting like CW quality but its ways better, the production quality is one of its strong points.
What's SEE?

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
That reminds me i need to watch both Sonic and Detective Pikachu. I see them and think i'll watch them later but then forget.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Watched Free Guy. The story and the romance is surprisingly good. Lovely movie. I wanted to watch it again right after walking out of the theatre.

Reactions: LEANIJA and lashman

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
ive never seen the Sorpranos so a couple weeks i started from the beginning. almost to the end of S2 and did not expect the show to be as funny as it is.

Yeah it is.

Wait till you reach the "lost in snow" episode.
But there are also many dark episodes ahead.
It can be quiet a roller-coaster ride.

Reactions: Yoshi

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
They're all 4K, right?

I'll pick Mulholland Drive up again, such a great film.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
They're all 4K, right?

I'll pick Mulholland Drive up again, such a great film.
Unfortunately, the Once Upon a Time boxset and La Strada is only 1080p. It doesn't bother me too much though.

I'll probably pick up Citizen Kane and Once Upon A Time boxset first and leave the rest for later.

Reactions: ISee and Stevey