Community Movies/Shows you have seen recently or looking forward to...

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Baki is now available on Netflix and is the most extreme and ridiculous martial arts anime you'll watch. If over the top kung fu is your kind of thing do give it a watch.
BAKI | Netflix Official Site

Also Young Justice Season 3 will start in January on DC's new service.

Reactions: lashman

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Last week I saw Bohemian Rhapsody, titled after Queen's worst song. It was OK, but nothing more than that. Just a nice way of passing the time, but I don't plan on ever watching it again. Next time I need my Queen fix I'll just put on my Queen II CD instead, or stream The Game and The Miracle.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Watched Bumblebee today and it was good. I did feel like the pacing was too fast and events go with the flow but the highlight is def. the relationship between Charlie and Bee, as the scenes with them are great and fun. The action is good too and you can actually see the bots fighting!
While it may appear as kid friendly, just be aware that there are a few gruesome deaths and also profanity, though the latter isn't too extreme.

Free from the stench of Bay, this could be a great reboot (in disguise!) for a new TF movie line, long as they can match the focus that this movie approaches.

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
I just watched A Quiet Place last night, and I really loved it.

Of the 140+ films I've watched this year (yes, really 140+), I'd pretty easily stick it in my Top 10. And I limit that 140 to just the 24 movies that came out in 2018 that I saw, I think it's probably #1 or #2.

I can't get over how good it was, and last night I kept rewinding to see a few scenes over and over again. There are some really clever things in the movie, and I love the details stuck in everywhere. I don't want to say anything else for fear of spoilers, but really, if you haven't, go watch it.

I hope Krasinski gets to do more stuff like this!

xist

Healing...
Nov 14, 2018
Just watched Jonah Hill's film Mid90s...and despite some mixed reviews I really loved it. Plus with a soundtrack along the lines of this how can it be bad?

Deleted member 113

I'm halfway through Season 2 of Ash Vs Evil Dead which is great
Yeah, as a fan of the Evil Dead series, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the TV series. They managed to capture much of what made the films a blast to watch.
I did think Season 3 was a bit worse than the previous 2, and I wasn't really a fan of the ending.

Reactions: dummmyy and lashman

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Ya know I'd be more excited for Marvel's Captain Marvel movie if Marvel would put more effort into making me give a damn about Carol at least in the comics.
I'm reading through Immortal Hulk (good series btw) and we get Avengers vs. Hulk issue, woo! Cap and co. go battle against Hulk while Carol goes to help evacuate civilians from a nearby town.
Why are you even there Carol?

At least there's ONE Captain Marvel that looks promising

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Finally finished The First (The Sean Penn astronaut series) and Daredevil S3 over the last couple of days.

The First is pretty decent, it's not what you expect and a lot of it is hamfisted at times. The tick one of each type of character stuff is poorly done, Mars, the semi-docu show from Natgeo does this much much better. Penn and McElhone are very good though.

I'll miss Daredevil, while the major good characters are decent enough, Vincent D'Onofrio as Fisk is an absolute tour-de-force and steals the entire show.

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
Finally finished The First (The Sean Penn astronaut series) and Daredevil S3 over the last couple of days.

The First is pretty decent, it's not what you expect and a lot of it is hamfisted at times. The tick one of each type of character stuff is poorly done, Mars, the semi-docu show from Natgeo does this much much better. Penn and McElhone are very good though.

I'll miss Daredevil, while the major good characters are decent enough, Vincent D'Onofrio as Fisk is an absolute tour-de-force and steals the entire show.
If there's one Marvel TV actor that needs to get at least some time elsewhere, it's him. He's perfect as the character.

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
so i finally broke down and signed up for hulu.....watched Futureman and it was actually quite funny. more so than i expected.

working my way through Runaways and almost at the end of season 1 and this is actually better than i expected too.

Finished Series of Unfortunate events and overall quite liked it and the ending was pretty good too.

SaviourMK2

A Kamen Rider just passing through
Jan 1, 2019
Here's all the 2019 films I'm looking to see this year in release date order.

Captain Marvel
Shazam!
Hellboy
Avengers Endgame
Detective Pikachu
John Wick 3
Aladdin
Godzilla King of Monsters
Dark Phoenix
Men in Black international
Spiderman Far From Home
The Lion King
Gemini Man
Joker
Zombieland Too
Terminator 6
Charlie's Angels
Sonic the Hedgehog (God help me)
Kingsman The Great Game
Frozen 2 (I need to know the plot before I dedicate, I'm very antagonistic to Disney sequels)

suiko

saviour of worlds
Nov 12, 2018
just finished watching black mirror (netflix) and I have nothign to watch, send help

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
Last night I watched the Christmas special episode of Sabrina. I really liked it, can't wait for the new episodes :D

I also finally continued Altered Carbon, when it first came out I only watched the first 2 episodes for some reason. Progress!

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
Watched some Anime series while I was hungover after snakebooze and I was surprised that I semi liked them. I haven't been a fan of modern anime since I got completely fed up with Naruto and the like.

Best animes:

Great Teacher Onizuka
Ebichu
Trigun
Cowboy Bepop
Every hentai

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Watched some Anime series while I was hungover after snakebooze and I was surprised that I semi liked them. I haven't been a fan of modern anime since I got completely fed up with Naruto and the like.

Best animes:

Great Teacher Onizuka
Ebichu
Trigun
Cowboy Bepop
Now go watch Samurai Champloo, Hunter X Hunter, Yu Yu Hakusho, Fullmetal Alchimest (Brotherhood and original if you want), Mob Psycho 100, One Punch Man, Attack on Titan, Fate/Zero, JoJo, Aggretsuko, Hajime no Ippo, Baki series, Initial D, Slam Dunk, Haikyuu and uuuuuuuuh that's about as much as my brain can remember far as good series go :V

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
Looking forward to the next season of:
The Punisher
Cobra Kai (strongly recommend you guys watch the first season if you haven't already. The first 2 episodes are free on YouTube)
Game of Thrones
Better Call Saul
Fargo
The 100 (it's hype! don't tease me)

Currently watching:
The Orville (never cared for Seth's previous work, but this show is legitimately good)
Vikings (kind of going downhill but still watchable)
Gotham

Gotta say, it's super hard to watch the CW superhero shows after Daredevil S3 so I gave those up.

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
Went to watch Ralph Breaks the Internet last night. I originally wanted to watch Spider-Man, but there were already no showings for it :confused:

Overall, I liked it, despite Ralph's terrible voice in italian (or maybe the character in general was annoying this time). The parts with the other Disney characters were the best ones. However, it seemed that only me and the other 7 people I went with actually laughed during these scenes...
I guess they didn't watch every previous Disney movie obsessively like us :ROFLMAO:

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
Now go watch Samurai Champloo, Hunter X Hunter, Yu Yu Hakusho, Fullmetal Alchimest (Brotherhood and original if you want), Mob Psycho 100, One Punch Man, Attack on Titan, Fate/Zero, JoJo, Aggretsuko, Hajime no Ippo, Baki series, Initial D, Slam Dunk, Haikyuu and uuuuuuuuh that's about as much as my brain can remember far as good series go :V
I watched One Punch Man. It was quite good indeed.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SNAPS
Promised Neverland anime has started and Episode 1 is up on Crunchyroll. Don't look up anything about it and just watch it to the end. This is some good manga/anime right there.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Just finished "The Alienist" and I must say that I loved it. 10 episodes, amazing characters, good plot, amazing setup for the situation, I can't recommend this enough, for real, watch it.

Reactions: Milena and lashman

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
I watched Moulin Rouge! a few nights ago. It wasn't quite as good as I remembered it to be, but Ewan McGregor singing is still really delightful and charming.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
i HAVE alienist in my que :V

Young Justice S3 is good shit, but by Crom are there too many gruesome deaths in it @o@

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
i HAVE alienist in my que :V

Young Justice S3 is good shit, but by Crom are there too many gruesome deaths in it @o@
Hope you like the Alienist when you start it, I think it was a really great show :D

Blizniak

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2018
The Predator (2018) - IMDb
Venom (2018) - IMDb
These are the last 2 things I watched recently and I feel they're somewhat similar. They're both dumb but Predator knows it and plays off it while
Venom tries to play it straight which I wish it didn't because the more comedic moments between Eddie and Venom were by far my favorite in the entire movie.
Story-wise The Predator is just bad but quirky cast saves the movie and I think it's worth watching as long as you know it's just going to be a fun ride and not a serious thing. Venom feels very by the numbers and nothing in it will ever surprise you.

I watched The Drop (2014) - IMDb yesterday after Gevin recommended it in the PC gaming discord. Really good movie, carries a tense atmosphere all the way, and some amazing acting on Tom Hardy's part. Highly recommended!
I recommend Locke (2013) - IMDb if you haven't seen it yet, Tom Hardy pretty much is the entire movie.

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
The Predator (2018) - IMDb
Venom (2018) - IMDb
These are the last 2 things I watched recently and I feel they're somewhat similar. They're both dumb but Predator knows it and plays off it while
Venom tries to play it straight which I wish it didn't because the more comedic moments between Eddie and Venom were by far my favorite in the entire movie.
Story-wise The Predator is just bad but quirky cast saves the movie and I think it's worth watching as long as you know it's just going to be a fun ride and not a serious thing. Venom feels very by the numbers and nothing in it will ever surprise you.

I recommend Locke (2013) - IMDb if you haven't seen it yet, Tom Hardy pretty much is the entire movie.
Yup, watched it and it's really good.

Reactions: lashman and Gevin