Community Movies/Shows you have seen recently or looking forward to...

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Godzilla 2 will be a fun action romp at least.
I mean he gets to lay the smackdown on Rodan and King Ghidora, while giving Mothra a chance to tag team with him out of the kindness of his atomic heart.

Reactions: lashman
OP
Schnitzelfee

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Outer Space
exactly, and I will love every minute of it... finally the big budget Gojira that was me already promised 1998... only took 20 years :D

TheVectronic

The Wondering Scribe
Oct 31, 2018
Puerto Rico
I've been watching a lot of western animated shows over the past months. I'm gonna list off 3 of my favorites so far of the year.

1) We Bare Bears: This one's really funny & endearing to watch. The premise is that three bears live together in the woods as they take care of their needs while finding new ways to interact with the world. It's a fun show that has 11 minutes of runtime per each episode that is used quite effectively. It introduces new characters that serve as allies or foils to the bears & each time they must overcome it in some way shape or form. Season 3 is on Netflix to watch, but I'd suggest finding other methods to watch the previous seasons as some characters are introduced in these seasons in a much proper manner.

2) Big Hero 6: The Series - I wasn't expecting much when I saw the idea of a serialized animated show based off the movie, in fact I was expecting this one to flop like some of the other attempts of serializing movies. However to my surprise, it wasn't like that. It shows more of San Fransokyo, something I wished they did with the movie, but this time they expand with new characters & villains exclusive to the show. It plays like a monster or villain of the week, but it then spirals into this really good show that establishes proper villains, good character moments, & one of my favorite quotes to ever come from a villain to be established. Best to watch it to see if a Season 2 can ever be developed as it can really show off the true potential of this IP.

3) Ducktales (2017) - It's no surprise that this reigns supreme. Ducktales is a reboot done right, a lot of characters get revamped & reworked to fit a surprisingly action packed, humor-filled, thriller of a show that has many scenes that are surely to get your attention. It depicts the story of the McDuck family, as Scrooge has decided to retire & live alone in his mansion suddenly gets a visit from Donald Duck, a relative of his, as he needs a new babysitter for the tripplets: Huey, Louie & Dewey Duck while he's job hunting to support them. Scrooge was against the idea, but decides to keep them alongside Donald to go on more adventures. It creates solid characters with really good development among each member of the McDuck family. Older fans will be delighted with references to other shows such as Darkwing Duck, Tailspin, among others with newer fans discovering older shows that are referenced here alongside the comics that it was based off of. I highly recommend watching this, it's one of Disney's best shows to date.

OP
Schnitzelfee

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Outer Space
That Bear show looks cute... gonna check it out... sadly its not on Netflix here...

I really have to continue Duck Tales, kinda forgot about it last year after the first few episodes, liked it a lot tho

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
There are dozens of great western animated shows over the past decade. Off the top of my head, watch these if you haven't already
Steven Universe
Gravity Falls
Tangled the series
Wakfu (French Avatar the Last Airbender)
Adventure Time (gotta remember to link an episode guide for this @o@)
Hilda
She-Ra & the Princess of Power
Over the Garden Wall

Scooby Doo Mystery Inc. is the best Scooby series. It's about the only one I watched but its great; thirsty Velma, Fred & Daphne getting great character developments, and we get a Rambo+JinRoh reference

OP
Schnitzelfee

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Outer Space
I have seen most of those... mostly great stuff... never really got warm with Wakfu for some reason... only ones I haven't seen are Tangled and Scooby Doo

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
Started watching Jumanji the Animated Series, anybody like this cartoon? It's pretty formulaic but it's fun to watch haha.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
^Someone should do detective work and see if the Jumanji and Men in Black cartoons were made by the same studio as the Godzilla cartoon. Don't ask me why but their artstyles felt a little similar to me.

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 2 is out too! yay, gonna watch that one hard!
I watched an episode of it oin a flight back home. Thought it was OK but didn't care much for it, may watch it someday though.

Reactions: dummmyy and lashman

SpikeHitman

Bad Framerates, Bad Opinions
Sep 20, 2018
Finally finished Castlevania S2 a little while ago. Really loved the chemistry in the core cast, and I'm looking forward to where they go for S3, and beyond. I'm interested to see how closely they continue to cut to the source material now that they're moving away from CV3's lore and into Curse of Darkness.

SpikeHitman

Bad Framerates, Bad Opinions
Sep 20, 2018
I still have to watch S2, always forget about it... so much shit to watch...
It's super good, and super short. Best combo IMO. I watched a couple episodes here and there then finally sat down and binged the second half of the season and it was over in like, a couple hours.

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
^Someone should do detective work and see if the Jumanji and Men in Black cartoons were made by the same studio as the Godzilla cartoon. Don't ask me why but their artstyles felt a little similar to me.
They were! Adelaide Productions. They also did Godzilla, Boondocks, The New Spider-Man Animated Series, The Spectacular Spider-Man and Jackie Chan Adventures.

OP
Schnitzelfee

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Outer Space
I just watched Under the silver lake with a friend, and damn, that movie is awesome... Funny, absurd and pretty unique overall. I really loved it... Just watch it without reading anything about it!

And I watched
Bodied
Bodied (2017) - IMDb
a while ago, I liked that one a lot to. It's super funny and would some overly PC people give a heart attack. But the movie Adresse that itself which is cool. It's kinda like 8 Mile in modern funny and good. The ending is a bit over the top but it's such a good time imo. And killer battle rhymes too.

Watch it, I laughed a lot... But the drama is good too

Deleted member 113

I just watched Under the silver lake with a friend, and damn, that movie is awesome... Funny, absurd and pretty unique overall. I really loved it... Just watch it without reading anything about it!
I'll be sure to watch it when it's available locally.
I enjoyed the director's previous films (It Follows, and The Myth of the American Sleepover, which I have on Blu-Ray), so this one was on my radar since it was announced. :)

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Aquabro nearing $100 million in China alone.
The movie's budget is $200 million (apparently) and it shows in most countries later this week (next week in USA I think?) so it's bound to break even really soon.

Alongside that both Spiderman and Bumblebee movies have got rave reviews.
This December is a great month for fun movies.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Looking forward to new season of The Expanse
Also the new Transformers looks interesting, heard it is the best one so far.

I'm about halfway through the show the Colony, much better than I thought it would be, when that is done thought I would check out that Jack Ryan show.

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
Think I’m going to be able to catch Alfonso Cuaron’s new film ROMA. Bummed that The House that Jack Built is getting a 7 month push back.
Besides that, waiting for finals to blow over and just marathon a few series after this upcoming weekend

Kuroyume

Spokes for the Wheel of Torment
Oct 21, 2018
I love the monsters in the Godzilla trailer, but I already feel like I dislike the human actors. I felt I was going to like them in the first movie because I was a fan of Cranston and the Kick-Ass dude, but the Kick-Ass dude was boring as hell in that movie and he was a soldier involved in many action scenes. Now the viewpoint is shifting to what looks like an emotional young girl and the lady from the Conjuring movies? I hope that by choosing to go with a kid that it doesn't get too sappy.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Just got back from watching Spiderman into the Spiderverse, fantastic fun movie.
If you're gonna watch it consider watching it in 3D. 2D works but the visuals style will make you wonder if you're supposed to wear 3D glasses :V

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Did I mention how awesome and fun Spiderman into the Spiderverse is? Because it is and y'all should totally go watch it.
Esp. if you wanna level up your 'Cool Uncle/Aunt' ranking.

Reactions: Prodigy and lashman

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Did I mention how awesome and fun Spiderman into the Spiderverse is? Because it is and y'all should totally go watch it.
Esp. if you wanna level up your 'Cool Uncle/Aunt' ranking.
I want to check it out this weekend, heard great reports about it.

OP
Schnitzelfee

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Outer Space
I will watch that Spider-Man movie sooner or later... not going to the cinema for it tho....

That reminds me, are reviews for Mortal Engines out yet? I have to check, movie starts here today and I am in the mood for that kinda movie...

And Tizoc is right... not caring about Humans in a Godzilla movie is par for the course, at least this on has Sally Hawkins... she is a treasure... Charles Dance is cool too
Post automatically merged:

oh...
well...
sad Panda

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I will watch that Spider-Man movie sooner or later... not going to the cinema for it tho....

That reminds me, are reviews for Mortal Engines out yet? I have to check, movie starts here today and I am in the mood for that kinda movie...

And Tizoc is right... not caring about Humans in a Godzilla movie is par for the course, at least this on has Sally Hawkins... she is a treasure... Charles Dance is cool too
Post automatically merged:

oh...
well...
sad Panda
Not surprised tbh. It has great visual and world, but otherwise even the trailer made the characters feel too ho hum.

....and re-echoing my previous post, Aquabro was good. If you want a fun superhero action romp, Aquaman is one to check out. It has its issues but I enjoyed it regardless. There's nice chemestry between the 2 main characters and the action is great.
Needed more Black Manta, but he literally OWNED his scenes. I hope he'd get more screentime in the future or even a Black Manta movie

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
Watched Roma, a visual masterclass in film making.

There is probably no other director that could make that script work and it's what makes it a special movie.

I didn't know how I felt when I first left the theater, but after a few days, it really hit me. WHAT A MOVIE. Amazing.

OP
Schnitzelfee

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Outer Space
Hektor gonna watch that one too sometime this week I guess... if anything it will be interesting

gonna watch Roma too, maybe on the weekend, not that hyped for it honestly, but I will give it for sure a chance

OP
Schnitzelfee

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Outer Space
It got mentioned earlier somewhere I think... It's a cool show

Just watched this with my buddy

Sorry to bother you

Man, that movie is a ride... It's great, funny absurd surreal and all around amazing.
Feels almost like a Terry Gilliam movie at times. And it strangely feels a bit like it has the same DNA like Under the silver lake... More of this kinda crazy shit please!

Also watched the second season of The Marvelous Ms. Maisel... Loved it, such great dialogues and characters. Tony Shaloob is the tits in this.

And watched Dogs of Berlin, second German Netflix show after Dark. It's a crime drama set in Berlin. Not bad at all actually, enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Liked the main chars, especially one of them is pretty fucked up

Last edited:
OP
Schnitzelfee

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Outer Space
Hektor watched the House that Jack built yesterday too... it was something alright... typical Lars von Trier strangeness... kinda funny, kinda booring, kinda deep, kinda shallow, kinda good, kinda bad... that said, I was entertained and my buddy and I had quiet a few laughs...
Not a movie for everyone for sure... but Im A OK with the violence on display... every saw movie is worse but there nobody even blinks... set it in a more realistic setting ad a few kids and play it straight... suddenly its offensive... meh, cant feel that... movies should be allowed to be fucked up if they want too