Discussion Neverinth dev has to stop development with some really sad news

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
been following this game for a while and this was really sad to read this morning

To all the supporters and fans of Neverinth,

I’m Alex, the producer at CreAct Games, the developer of Neverinth. First, I want to sincerely thank you for your support of Neverinth during Early Access. It's been an incredible journey and working with the community, your suggestions while continuously modifying and building the game has been incredibly rewarding. As you know, the game is still far from perfect and while we are proud of what we accomplished, we had hoped to create a much larger and more complete game.

The sad truth is that although we want to continue development, we are out of money and sales are not high enough to support ongoing development. To make matters worse, one of my family members was recently diagnosed with blood cancer. The treatment of this disease is a long-term crisis for my family. As well as the huge expense, he also needs continuous company and support. Game development is my life, my career, and I would do almost anything to keep going but family is always the priority and I owe it to myself and my team to end this project so we can all move on.

At first, I tried to make it work rushing between the office and hospital, but it just didn’t work, I was unable to work effectively and felt town between my responsibility to my family and my team. In good conscience, I can only choose to cease development of Neverinth. It’s a truly painful decision.

I must apologize to partners and players who supported us during this time but for the sake of my team, my family, and myself, I made the best decision. I also think that being open and honest with the community of fans important and it would have been wrong to leave Neverinth in a Limbo state.

For this reason Neverinth is leaving Early Access today and this will be the last major update for Neverinth, while it’s not the game we envisioned, we are incredibly proud of it and we hope you enjoy it, rough edges and all!

Thank you for your support and I wish each and every one of you safety and happiness during this global pandemic. Be safe, be kind, and cherish those close to you.

Below are the final update notes:
  1. Add:The Character’s max level increase to LV. 150
  2. Added:New Boss - Salamander 
  3. Add:5 Ultimate equipments
  4. Add:Achievement unlock- Level mode: Boss Rush
  5. Add:New Boss-Salamander
  6. Add:Buff status UI
  7. Add:Make every rune’s icon design more unique
  8. Add:Humanly Sound effect of mobs and Cultist Mentor
  9. Add:Character’s permanent level stats UI
  10. Modification:Permanent level’s required EXP value
  11. Modification:Add "Unequip Totem" function in Totem system

Adjustment of Rune ability
Health
  • Hale and Hearty:Increase physical damage by 1 for every 100 -> 200 max. health
  • Overflowing with Life:Increase stamina by 2 for every 100 -> 150 max. health

Thank you,
:notlikethisblob::notlikethisblob::notlikethisblob::notlikethisblob:

• Eyes
Reactions: ISee and BO7AMMOOD

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else
Please ignore. I have not read the whole story before posting.

EDIT: How do i delete my own posts.

Rando10123

Sep 15, 2019
That's pretty sad. Sometimes life is unpredictable and there's nothing you can do. I hope he comes back to being a developer once things get better, it looks like a cool game.

Reactions: lashman