News New, Exclusive Impressions Of The Outer Worlds

Arulan

Lizardman
Dec 7, 2018
It's really great seeing Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky this excited about a game again.

I really appreciate their focus on reactivity. RPGs like Fallout and The Age of Decadence, despite being short, really come alive with the range of logical actions you can make at any time.

The one thing I'm really hoping for is for the game not to telegraph all of your choices. One of the best moments of reactivity in Fallout is
the choice of whether to give up your Vault's location to the Water Merchants. The game only makes it appear that you're buying water caravans for your Vault. You have to make the assumption that giving out this information might be something you shouldn't do.
Kingdom Come: Deliverance excels at this. When you believe in the world, you're encouraged to make logical decisions, even when it's doesn't explicitly tell you you're making one. And when you realize that these choices actually mattered, it's one of the most rewarding things that can occur in a game in my opinion.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Just saw the new gameplay demo. Now I'm more certain that this is nothing like Fallout New Vegas. It's simply a shooter with AI party members like Mass Effect. Yes, it's more similar to that than New Vegas. On your way to the quest objective, you get to encounter multiple enemy posts. And guess what, there are small covers everywhere and explosive barrels scattered around ready to be shoot at. By the time you reach the objective, it's just a dungeon with more hostile enemies. No factions and civilizations outside of the hubs, everything out there is your enemy.

It's nothing like New Vegas.

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
Just saw the new gameplay demo. Now I'm more certain that this is nothing like Fallout New Vegas. It's simply a shooter with AI party members like Mass Effect. Yes, it's more similar to that than New Vegas. On your way to the quest objective, you get to encounter multiple enemy posts. And guess what, there are small covers everywhere and explosive barrels scattered around ready to be shoot at. By the time you reach the objective, it's just a dungeon with more hostile enemies. No factions and civilizations outside of the hubs, everything out there is your enemy.

It's nothing like New Vegas.
After Andromeda, we'll take Nouveau Mass Effect, too!

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
This post aged really bad.. ;)
(Since it won't even come to Steam this year while MS might keep releasing their games on Steam.)
Haha yeah, things have changed lately. Never thought Microsoft would release so many 1st party games on Steam. ā˜ŗ

I'll make sure not to give a single cent to Private Division, but I may subscribe to game pass for a few months to play some of Microsofts games.

Reactions: ISee and lashman