News New Far Cry game is Far Cry: New Dawn

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Well that's a cover :V

Looks like this got leaked. They should reveal this first, cuz I honestly don't think it'll show anything one couldn't already do in a Far Cry game :V

Reactions: lashman

AxeVince

Dev of some games
Sep 6, 2018
Well those 5,000 employees they got gotta do something when they're not working on Ass Creed :V
It's 14000+ ;) 5000 is only the Montreal studio.
AC:O was "only" 1000people and that's not all in Montreal, it's Quebec, Singapore, Chengdue, Bucarest and Kiev as well as smaller studios, probably something smaller for the teams on Far Cry though. And Ubi has a LOT of projects in dev at all time, be it short term or long term.

oh dear, still gotta get and play FC5 though. This seems like a really fast turn-around from FC5, is Ubisoft rushing again?
There are at least 2 Far Cry team at all time that we know of, and they have help from studios around the world. If by "Rushing" you mean 2-3y devtime, then yes, else, no, they are not.

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
It's 14000+ ;) 5000 is only the Montreal studio.
AC:O was "only" 1000people and that's not all in Montreal, it's Quebec, Singapore, Chengdue, Bucarest and Kiev as well as smaller studios, probably something smaller for the teams on Far Cry though. And Ubi has a LOT of projects in dev at all time, be it short term or long term.

There are at least 2 Far Cry team at all time that we know of, and they have help from studios around the world. If by "Rushing" you mean 2-3y devtime, then yes, else, no, they are not.
Mhm, well mayhap I underestimated the overall size of Ubi once more. I also didn't know they had two separate FC teams.

I'm cautious though because imo, AssCreed suffered in quality due to yearly releases. I'm not sure Far Cry would be immune either.

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
I enjoyed FC5 for what it was, but I need a break from FC and feel this will fall flat. And this is coming from a big fan of the franchise! FC4 was boring and Primal was just... different. If this turns out like Blood Dragon, I’ll be okay with that.

AxeVince

Dev of some games
Sep 6, 2018
Mhm, well mayhap I underestimated the overall size of Ubi once more. I also didn't know they had two separate FC teams.

I'm cautious though because imo, AssCreed suffered in quality due to yearly releases. I'm not sure Far Cry would be immune either.
Just like the FC3 -> Blood Dragon, FC4 -> Primal, the tone of the "between number" releases is pretty different.
Seeing the trailer, I expect this one to be the same. If it brings funny new stuff like the others did, I think it will do okay.

Gevin

Watch Madoka
Nov 16, 2018
Never could get into any Far Cry (except for Blood Dragon which was completely different) tbh, like I play 1 hour and get bored.

But maybe I'll give a try anyways