Community New music / recommendations

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I've finally switched from Spotify to Apple Music so now I'm wondering just how to discover music? I pretty much only used to the personalised recommended playlists in Spotify and they were great! But as far as I can see there isn't something like that in Apple Music, so how what to do?

Virtual Ruminant

MetaMember
May 21, 2020
I've finally switched from Spotify to Apple Music so now I'm wondering just how to discover music? I pretty much only used to the personalised recommended playlists in Spotify and they were great! But as far as I can see there isn't something like that in Apple Music, so how what to do?
Apple Music has something similar to Spotify's Discover Weekly, a playlist called "New Music Mix", which refreshes every Friday. As usual, you need to feed the algorithm by clicking Love on tracks and albums you like and just generally listening to stuff for it to get somewhat accurate. It also might not show up right away after making the account. It shows up under the "Listen Now"/"Made For You" section.

The whole "Listen Now" section in Apple Music is personalized. On a fresh account it will be very generic, but once again after you feed the algorithm a bit, it will be unique to your account.

Apple Music has a somewhat annoying difference to Spotify, too: It does not automatically create a playlist with every track you clicked "Love" on.

You can get one though, by way of iTunes:

1. If you don't have it yet, install iTunes, sign-in, etc., let it setup your account with default settings

2. Create a new "Smart Playlist" like so:

3. Make a habit of keeping iTunes running or at least start regularly on a computer, since these smart playlists will only refresh through iTunes and then be synced to Apple Music.

This new playlist will (currently) not show up in Apple Music's web player, but it will show up in the iPhone or Android Apple Music app and you can use it there like any other playlist.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Shamelessly stolen from fontGeek the EG/EG-it/RPS Exiles forum...

I sudenly have a need to ask if any Italian Metacouncil members could help me purchase some kitchenware?

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
A streamer i was watching was singing "la la lalala la la" etc and wondered where it was from. Sad to say me and an Austrailian wink had the answer in chat in seconds... The Smurfs! lol.

It was a classic of my childhood. I think i still remember the lyrics to this and Smurfing Beer to this day. lol

• Comfy
Reactions: Pommes
OP

Deleted member 113

I'm glad it's october so i don't look like a creep listening to this on repeat
Thanks a lot for posting that one. Now I have to scratch it from my Halloween countdown! :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

As for feeling like a "creep" for listening to the track outside of October, no need for such thing.
Just remember... Every Day is Halloween! 🎃

Speaking of which... a personal favourite:

---

25 days to Halloween... 💀