Community New music / recommendations

EdwardTivrusky

See You Hyper-Toxic Computer Cowboy
Dec 8, 2018
Some of my Sunday morning listening... all a few years old, sorry.

This cphxSession of tracks from Sleep Party People is amazing, it's good to see them doing well but i prefer the more effect heavy early stuff like this myself.

Possibly my favourite track from the awesome LORN

I love the video for this Chet Faker track

Also, my fave Son Lux track

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Y'all ain't posted enough of this "Old Town Road" remix so I'll help.

The Billy Ray Cyrus on the track makes it into a legit fun song instead of a fun joke. I don't even like country really, but this is a good song.

EdwardTivrusky

See You Hyper-Toxic Computer Cowboy
Dec 8, 2018
Well, now you've kicked that particular ball rolling i'm off to pull together some Alt-Country/Americana for y'all.

Rhiannon Giddens - Wayfaring Stranger ( Some of you may recognise this one )

... okay, i'm down to about 15 tracks now, just whittlin' a few more away before i post some of the rest...

... and finally a fantastic documentary "Jim White - Searching for the Wrong eyed Jesus" which i can only find on BBC iPlayer, sorry.
Arena - 2004: Jim White - Searching for the Wrong-Eyed Jesus

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman
OP
FunktionJCB

FunktionJCB

Something Wicked This Way Comes
Oct 10, 2018
I was never the biggest Sonic Youth fan, but the two "solo" albums that Thurston Moore recorded with Steve Shelley (Sonic Youth), Debbie Googe (My Bloody Valentine) and James Sedwards are well worth a listen:

Last edited:

Noytax

Apr 17, 2019
Sweden
Here's a couple of my favorites. Been listening alot to Nhato and Dirty Androids over the years, since the first time they showed up in the Beatmania IIDX series! Also imported DAs Wanderlust album, highly recommend it if you enjoy his music.

Mudface

Apr 18, 2019
I'm an old fart, so tend to stick to the indie guitar stuff I liked in the '90s. These are some of my current faves-

I think I saw this lot in Glasgow at a festival last year, but was so pissed by the evening I can't remember them at all...

I definitely saw Courtney late last year, fantastic gig, this in particular was mesmerising-

Lobogris

Howling At The Moon
Apr 19, 2019
Hahaha a lot of pre-2000 songs in this topic! we are getting old ;) Some not-so-old songs that the post-grunge crowd will appreciate hopefully