Community New music / recommendations

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I bet the drummer's thinking "You know what? Fuck you two! You're on the shore with your poncy guitars and i'm on the ice in the middle of the fucking lake thumping shit. If the ice cracks and i die i'm haunting your asses!"

Reactions: teezzy and lashman

Luminaire

별이 빛나는 하늘
Feb 28, 2019
Rocket Punch
"Bim Bam Bum"
Kpop
Another great new girl group in 2019. It's been a very good year so far. It's a pretty summer bop with a double chorus. The song has a really good progression to it and its very catchy.

Utsu-P
"Imperfect Animals"
Vocaloid Metal
Yes, Vocaloid. As in Hatsune Miku, Megurine Luka, Gumi, etc. Utsu-P is a music producer who learned how to make vocaloids scream and growl. He makes all the instruments himself (as far as I know) and its an incredibly impressive feat. He has a new album coming out in September and I'm very excited. This is one of my favorite tracks and expresses his style quite well.

Utsu-P
"The Sun Goddess & Rat"
Vocaloid Metal
A new song from the upcoming album. Suitably creepy and wonderfully catchy melodies.

Shadow of Intent
"Malediction"
Technical / Progressive Melodic Deathcore / Death Metal
Shadow of Intent is quickly becoming one of my favorite bands of all time. I'm very excited for the new album. It's been such a good year for death/melodeath/deathcore.

BAND-MAID
"endless Story"
Melodic Hard Rock
BAND-MAID is a maid-themed all-girl hard rock band from Japan. They're wonderful.

Lahmia
"Elegy For A Dying Sun"
Melodic Death Metal
I just ran across these guys in one of my playlists and like them quite a bit. They have a very Amon Amarth sound, minus the viking metal and norse themed lyrics. The melodic riffs are fantastic and make me quite happy. I think Amon Amarth fans will like the album, once they get past just how close the vocals are.

PinkFantasy
"Fantasy"

Kpop
A very similar sound, visual style, and concept to Dreamcatcher - a girl group that pioneered the dark fantasy rock/Kpop style. A more Jpop sounding song due to the guitars, violins, and piano. One step closer to idol metal, something I'd love to see South Korea's take on.

And Hell Followed With
"Empty & Hollow"
Deathcore
Sometimes youtube recommendations put me on something good. I quite like the melodies and riffs paired with the crushing intensity.

teezzy

formerly 'deftones r cool'
Apr 19, 2019
Sounds like Tool, but I still need to listen to it a bit more... felt a bit surreal, being a fan since the 10,000 Days album and waiting for so long to hear new material.
Haha listened to this on the way to work as well.

Immediately went "yup, that's Tool alright" hahaha

New KoRn has been fun too if anyone is paying attention. I know they don't get carry the prestige Tool does, but they've always been a unique band in their own right. Feels like everyone is paying attention to Slipknot and Tool and ignoring KoRn

Just wait for that new Deftones to drop. Just try and get me to shut up then lmao

Overture

Travel in Stygian
Aug 4, 2019
Portugal
Haha listened to this on the way to work as well.

Immediately went "yup, that's Tool alright" hahaha

New KoRn has been fun too if anyone is paying attention. I know they don't get carry the prestige Tool does, but they've always been a unique band in their own right. Feels like everyone is paying attention to Slipknot and Tool and ignoring KoRn

Just wait for that new Deftones to drop. Just try and get me to shut up then lmao
Haven't listened to Korn since "Take a Look in the Mirror", not because it wasn't cool or whatever, but I started to disconnect from Nu/Alternative Metal.

But that's an interesting sound, tbh.

Reactions: teezzy

teezzy

formerly 'deftones r cool'
Apr 19, 2019
Just set up my 5.1 stereo setup in my living room proper again and listened to the new Tool song.

GOOOD GOLLY MS MOLLY - that is some fun production

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I loved the theme song for The Big O:

Hot Damn, Queen you plagiarists!

I've just realised i've been here ages and haven't posted Infectious Grooves yet. Why did none of you pick me up on this?
Turn the Bass up for some 90s classics!

Trujillo, maaan, fuckin' Trujillo. That Bass, godly.

edit: I knew it'd get merged, knew it! :)

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Watching some Adventures of Pete and Pete for the millionth time and remembered i hadn't listened to some of the awesome bands in the show. I also found an Argentinian? cover of one track so i'm posting them both. Enjoy more old stuff!

Reactions: teezzy and lashman

Bonney

old and bad
Apr 17, 2019
We got some more new music to jam today.

New Killswitch Engage album just dropped, and it's good. This song has both Jesse and Howard on vocals!!!

Also a got new Norma Jean track.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I'm going to a music festival in my home town tomorrow. It's been a while since I've been at that festival (actually the last time I was there, Guns 'n Roses, Limp Bizkit and Slipknot were headliners so it may have been longer ago than "a while" 😊) so I don't know the majority of the groups performing there.

Here's the line-up for tommorow:

Anything you guys can recommend me?

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
I'm going to a music festival in my home town tomorrow. It's been a while since I've been at that festival (actually the last time I was there, Guns 'n Roses, Limp Bizkit and Slipknot were headliners so it may have been longer ago than "a while" 😊) so I don't know the majority of the groups performing there.

Here's the line-up for tommorow:

Anything you guys can recommend me?
Tame Impala is pretty damn good!

Reactions: Ge0force