News New Yakuza 0 PC beta patch out, fixes the lightning issues and REMOVES DENUVO

Krvavi Abadas

Jan 22, 2019
As i correctly speculated in the Kiwami PC thread, they actually did it.
• Fixed an issue related to shaders and shadow rendering affecting lighting/skin tone (most noticeable during cut scene at the end of chapter 6)
• Fixed an issue where certain particle effects were not being displayed (most noticeable when using certain weapons like the cannon)
• Improved ultrawide display support
• Added FOV slider in advanced graphics menu
• Added border artwork displayed during areas with locked aspect ratio when played in non-16:9 display modes
• Added Background audio slider in audio menu
• Added UI toggle in settings menu
• Added target monitor output selection option for multi monitor setups in advanced graphics menu
• Added support for QWERTZ and AZERTY keyboard layouts
• Fixed an issue where disconnecting a controller during conversation could cause a soft lock
• Fixed an issue where mouse cursor would be confined within application window while in menus
• Fixed an issue which could cause a crash when playing the fishing mini game
• Fixed an issue where the game could crash if the installation folder path includes a dot
• Improved behaviour of camera control when using a mouse to use raw mouse input
• Improved mouse scroll wheel behaviour
• Improved Alt+Tab behaviour
The notes don't mention the removal of Denuvo, but the .EXE file is much smaller (20mb vs 220mb, i think.) than it was previously, which usually means it's been taken out.

But this explicitly confirms that SEGA is done using the DRM. Though it currently doesn't look like they're planning to patch it out of any other games. It at least looks like they're done adding it to any future releases.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I hope SEGA will consider removing Denuvo from their other titles, namely Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Shining Resonance Refrain. Take a good look, Squeenix. This is how you can retain your audience and entice them to buy your games on day one.

Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
But this explicitly confirms that SEGA is done using the DRM. Though it currently doesn't look like they're planning to patch it out of any other games. It at least looks like they're done adding it to any future releases.
i sure fucking hope so .... everyone should stop using that thing and remove it from their previous games

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Great patch! Hopefully these improvements make it over to the Kiwami build.
Pretty sure they are actually from the Kiwami build.
Same engine so they probably looked into them while working on Kiwami and then brought them back to 0 afterwards.
At least that's how I think it makes the most sense.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Pretty sure they are actually from the Kiwami build.
Same engine so they probably looked into them while working on Kiwami and then brought them back to 0 afterwards.
At least that's how I think it makes the most sense.
yes, that's almost definitely the reason for this super-late patch ;)

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Didn't know there were lightning issues, but this is great. Wonder if they fixed the crash when the PC enters sleep mode.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
All good news here! Lab42 did a phenomenal job!

No Denuvo and
• Fixed an issue related to shaders and shadow rendering affecting lighting/skin tone (most noticeable during cut scene at the end of chapter 6)
These are important changes. If you have not seen the PS4 footage, the PC footage felt quite off.