Community Nintendo Direct E3 2019 | Keep Calm and Woolooloo

xinek

ę—„ęœ¬čŖžćŒč‹¦ę‰‹
Apr 17, 2019
Disappointment about AC being delayed aside, this was the best thing about E3 imo.

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
With AC coming in 2020, I see Nintendo riding the Switch as long as they can. I think they should stick with the same format with their next console and have it backwards compatible.

OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Did not know Minecraft Dungeons was in 2020 XP Hope they tune it up well enough as I'd like to get a copy for my cousin.

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
CastellĆ³, Spain
I have just ended watching the direct and it was a solid lineup, the surprise at the end really shows that coop is going to play a large role in the new 'game' *wink *wink

Chudah

Just a chick who games
May 24, 2019
Chicago
store.steampowered.com
Not gonna lie, Panzer Dragoon Remaster/Remake is a system seller for me. I was already thinking of picking it up for all of the VNs that are migrating over from the now-dead Vita, but I'm really gonna have to start pulling together the scratch for a system.

Reactions: Echoes

Echoes

Oct 31, 2018
CastellĆ³, Spain
Not gonna lie, Panzer Dragoon Remaster/Remake is a system seller for me. I was already thinking of picking it up for all of the VNs that are migrating over from the now-dead Vita, but I'm really gonna have to start pulling together the scratch for a system.
That was one of the best highlights for sure :D

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
it's been 30 minutes and all i've been doing is watching the zelda trailer on repeat

i'm so excited i may throw up

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
This Link's Awakening stream is making me want it right now.

Colour dungeon from Gameboy Colour version is in here too.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Going from 4k 60 FPS Zelda to whatever the Switch can do will be rough, but BotW was a fantastic game and I'm happy to see more in that vein being made.

ScreamingTrees

Dec 12, 2018
Enjoyed that Nintendo direct. Don't really care about the new characters for Smash but plenty of games coming out between now and the end of the year. Zelda I'm sure will be great. Interested in the Marvel game now, while I wasn't on previous viewings. Luigi could be good.

xinek

ę—„ęœ¬čŖžćŒč‹¦ę‰‹
Apr 17, 2019

Great move, I am sure this will boost the sales of the game. Coop Mario is so good and chaotic :p
Fantastic news, thanks for sharing it. The inability to play with friends is what ruined Splatoon, which otherwise would have been one of my favorite games of all time.

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
Trails of Mana was a delightful surprise.
And with the Link's Awakening remake and Astral Chain I finally have reasons to play games on my Switch again. It feels like ages when I booted the console up last (sometime last year for DK Tropical Freeze).

Reactions: Eferis and Echoes

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Writing this as I watch the Direct belatedly and stuff come up.

Luigi's Mansion's always neat.

Dark Crystal Tactics seemed ok.

Link's Awakening Remake is super cute.

Trials of Mana Remake looks pretty damn cool (yay PC too) and neat to get the original for the first time outside Japan too.

The Witcher III is OMGWTFBBQ for Switch even if it looks/runs horribly in the end.

Fire Emblem Three Houses looks pretty great.

Resident Evil ports again are whatever.

No More Heroes 3 is HYPE, hopefully the game resembles the video, or tops it.

Contra looked alright, it could be fun.

The Daemon X Machina trailer made it look cool again after the old demo was a tad disappointing so hopefully it will deliver.

Panzer Dragoon Remake, what the fuck man? I hope SEGA doesn't fuck that up giving it to some middling studio. The graphics were nice enough but I can't tell from that alone. They better do Zwei too! Fuck! Unexpected! I wanna get hyped. I imagine this has no reason to only be for Switch much like Mana.

Pokemon is great, I already said how the world seems beautiful and Xenoblade-like in its vistas after the last Direct. Neat to give a demo.

Astral Chain looks better than ever in that footage showing more varied areas and stuff and Platinum always deliver.

No clue what to think of Romero's Empire of Sin, hopefully it's cool.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 looks pretty damn fun as always. Definitely topped the other systems' Avengers game for hype (for now).

Cadence of Hyrule is funny.

Mario & Sonic Olympics game is whatever to me, I haven't played such games since Decathlete/Winter Heat on Saturn, but nice graphics.

Animal Crossing looks pretty awesome!

The highlight reel after that point was pretty decent, lots of good games, but yeah, all multiplatform. Still cool to get the likes of Doom and shit on Switch. Alien Isolation too! Lots of good stuff in there. And meh stuff like Dauntless, heh. Mario Maker 2 is obviously cool.

Lmao @ Banjo Kazooie, more Smash is always good!

Wow! new Zelda! It seems way darker than BOTW despite the same art style (and assets?). Maybe it's to BOTW what Majora's Mask was to OoT!

Well, that wrapped it up.

As far as E3 events go this was pretty good to me. Maybe the best this E3 (other than liking Microsoft's for having so much PC stuff and the VR stuff).

Nice to have Treehouse showcase more of some of these games. I caught some of their Astral Chain gameplay. Man, go Platinum!

I wonder when we'll see Monolith's next game.

Last edited:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I just hope Nintendo pulls a Majora's Mask on BOTW. Make it as weird as possible.

Reactions: sauce

Echoes

Oct 31, 2018
CastellĆ³, Spain
Speaking of Astral Chains, during the Treehouse segment today they showed one of the first missions and there is an element of investigation, analysing clues, talking to people... After that there was some combat and overall the experience looks great.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Even the mini games like the racing shooter bits look competent in Astral Chain, contrary to their previous games (hate the ones in Bayonetta).

Although I'll probably still wanna skip those after seeing them once or twice.

It does seem like Platinum's biggest non-RPG game. With breadth and depth. Although it has RPG elements I guess.

Last edited:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Even the mini games like the racing shooter bits look competent in Astral Chain, contrary to their previous games (hate the ones in Bayonetta).

Although I'll probably still wanna skip those after seeing them once or twice.

It does seem like Platinum's biggest non-RPG game. With breadth and depth. Although it has RPG elements I guess.
I trust Taura san.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Man they better not fuck up Panzer Dragoon. Make it good enough to get to do well and they get to do Zwei and make that even better and then, you know.

Graphics look alright, gameplay who knows, and if they can make it quite as a tight of an arcade style experience as it was intended. Please do it right.

The sound effects are meh, I hope that's WIP. And I guess it does look a bit more cartoony and a bit more generic in art style. Clearly low budget.

It would have been cool if they got to do Zwei first as it's a prequel, then expand on the original with the same amount of story and features.

I guess it's better they get to grips with the simpler first game and prove themselves first but if this is shit PD may never return.

But look at how this probably equally low budget and even more low-poly and low-fi game looks so much more alive.

I don't see that kind of artistic vision from these guys, very by the numbers, hopefully it will be solid.

Rewatching the trailers, viewing screens, it's not like it looks like a bad effort. Not what I personally wanted I guess. I'm picky. Even Orta wasn't on par for me.

Last edited:

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I missed it due to work, but dear god, the reaction videos of the Banjo are ridiculous. Did people want him/them that much?
Like, look at this from Nintendo NYC. I can't do anything but laugh at a room full of [mostly] grown men losing their fucking minds over a dlc. People hugging and jumping up and down together. I think the nintendo employees at the front in red filming the reactions is the best part. This must seem insane to them, because it does to me. <old pc gaming man yells at cloud> I know,...:thinking-face:

Still, cool to see more Luigi footage and NMH3, and some of the other games in the trailer montages. I stand by my usual stance of PC and nintendo, and the direct reinforced that

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
I just hope Nintendo pulls a Majora's Mask on BOTW. Make it as weird as possible.
God it would be game of forever if it pulls some Majora's Mask shit. MM's always contesting for my favorite Zelda for all the dark and bizarre shit it got up to.

I missed it due to work, but dear god, the reaction videos of the Banjo are ridiculous. Did people want him/them that much?
Like, look at this from Nintendo NYC. I can't do anything but laugh at a room full of [mostly] grown men losing their fucking minds over a dlc. People hugging and jumping up and down together. I think the nintendo employees at the front in red filming the reactions is the best part. This must seem insane to them, because it does to me. <old pc gaming man yells at cloud> I know,...:thinking-face:

Still, cool to see more Luigi footage and NMH3, and some of the other games in the trailer montages. I stand by my usual stance of PC and nintendo, and the direct reinforced that
You have to understand that people have wanted Banjo in Smash since Smash was first conceived. That hope seemed completely dead once the Rare buyout by Microsoft happened. You're seeing people's inner children celebrating the realization of a 20 year old dream.

Reactions: NarohDethan

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
God it would be game of forever if it pulls some Majora's Mask shit. MM's always contesting for my favorite Zelda for all the dark and bizarre shit it got up to.

You have to understand that people have wanted Banjo in Smash since Smash was first conceived. That hope seemed completely dead once the Rare buyout by Microsoft happened. You're seeing people's inner children celebrating the realization of a 20 year old dream.
Fair enough. If there is ever a half life 2ep3/3 im sure i'll probably run around my neighbourhood high fiving people.