|OT| Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) news & discussion - No, it's not just a flu

Dec 5, 2018
Well, more than 12 hours later I feel better than with my second shot.

My arm hurts (but that was expected), I'm a bit more tired than usual, and I have a very light headache. So nothing compared with the second shot I hope it doesn't get worse as the day goes on.

Reactions: C-Dub

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Got my first vaccination against hepatitis b today, let’s see if that one actually kicks my ass.XD
I think I had a Hep B vaccine before travelling to Malaysia. Can’t remember. I felt fine afterwards.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Might be my turn. My live-in gf started having what we thought were allergy symptoms on Saturday. Monday she tested positive, but I didn't. We're quarantined but I was exposed thoroughly for 2 straight days and I do have symptoms of being sick (exhausted, and my fever went from normal to 103 today).

However, I have a long, long history of flu, strep throat, pneumonia, fevers, and colds, and I'm always unwell because diabetes + thyroid + sleep disorder, so it's possible I actually managed to get a different illness simultaneously, while super unlikely.

The shitty thing is we've been so careful. We're vax + boosted, never take our masks off inside except with friends / family who are equally careful. She met a friend outside on the patio of a bar Wednesday and it must have come from there because they both got it over the weekend. Just goes to show how virulent it still is.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Update: Confirmed Thursday evening, after about 4ish days of some symptoms. Thursday and Friday were definitely the worst so far with the high fever and sore throat. Saturday lot of congestion but less fever. Hopefully that means over the worst of it. Managing my diabetes with this going on is superrrrrrrr aggravating. Eating a lot less because of it.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Finally caught it while I was on holiday (typical).

Feeling pretty rough. For the last two days I had a sore throat, headache, fatigue and a general feeling of weakness.

Today I have a low-key headache, a mild sore throat and shortness of breath.

And apparently this is mild.