Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
the mystery of disappearing steam store page has been solved:

can't wait to see their announcement ... and E3 conference

Reactions: Ge0force and Mor

Recrees

Dec 31, 2018
Czechia
This has to be the most disappointing EGS exclusive yet for me. I really enjoyed the little I played of Stories Untold, and Obeservation was sitting at top of my wishlist for a while, not to mention I expected better from Devolver. Guess here goes the year long wait then... After seeing Devolver's response...nah fuck them.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Oh well, I'll either get it on PS4 or wait for the assumed Timed Exclusivity to end. I don't play the "water-cooler" games that most people seem to follow as all my friends have different tastes so there's no rush for "Day 1!" on any game for me.

See them in a year or so, hopefully.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
For fuck sakes. Lash, tweet them fuckwits and give them hell.
nah ... there's no point in doing that, it won't change anything ... they already got the cash (probably for all their games too, not just this one)

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
If Devolver don't present their E3 session wearing Moneyhats all the way through then they are a bunch of cowardly fucks.
Own it.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
If Devolver don't present their E3 session wearing Moneyhats all the way through then they are a bunch of cowardly fucks.
Own it.
yeah ... but it still wouldn't be funny ... comedy is only good when you're punching up (pointing out shitty things rich publishers do), not down (making fun of your customers)

Reactions: SRossi
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I can't even describe how disappointed I am to see devolver jumping on Epic's moneyhatting train. What a sad say :(
remember - corporations aren't your friends

they're pretending to be consumer-friendly only for as long as it makes them money .... the second they get the opportunity to get more money from somewhere else - they'll do it

Reactions: Ge0force

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
they're pretending to be consumer-friendly only for as long as it makes them money .... the second they get the opportunity to get more money from somewhere else - they'll do it
Let them do what they have to do. But they're not getting my money anymore.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Lol! How the hell does that work? I don't get how they can reach more people on EGS than Steam, stinks of money-hatted bullshit to me.
Goog luck to 'em but they're dead to me for at least a year. Just like i am to them.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Lol! How the hell does that work? I don't get how they can reach more people on EGS than Steam, stinks of money-hatted bullshit to me.
Goog luck to 'em but they're dead to me for at least a year. Just like i am to them.
yeah ... smells like bullshit

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Thinking Stories Untold could have been some hit when it's some weird text adventure with barely any gameplay? Right. How much did it even cost to develop? It must have sold decently for what it is to get those ~2k reviews on Steam. It wasn't gonna be a hit on EGS either, what are these people on? Just admit you're selling mindshare to Epic and couldn't care less if anyone plays and enjoys the software past that point any more. No longer indie, another Epic studio. If this Observation is the same type of game it's not gonna do gangbusters so I guess sweet Epic money trumps gamer money in this case for all they care.

Like Devolver didn't find success on Steam before, lol. All these people will go back running to Steam once Epic wants to see some profits from their store and stops paying folks, at that point they'll talk about how the idea is for developers to be able to sustain themselves rather than get funded for every title (duh). Of course nobody cares for the countless indies that can't get on EGS with their curation, as long as they can get a piece of the pie they hype all that stuff up.

Last edited:

Recrees

Dec 31, 2018
Czechia
Is that supposed to be another one of these ''Devolver'' jokes? How in the hell are you gonna reach new audience by restricting it? At least own it and say you just wanted money upfront. What a bullshit response...they can keep the game, I'm not getting it even when it hits Steam.

TheVectronic

The Wondering Scribe
Oct 31, 2018
Puerto Rico
It's such a backwards decision. Shame EGS is taking away the game for themselves, though I'm glad that its at least coming to the PS4, so I'll pick it up there.

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
surely reaching more customers would be putting your game on more smarketplaces (pc) and other consoles (not just one)

literally that pr is such doublestandard. its like a retail shop saying we want to reach more customers so we are going to open up a store 3 miles away from high street.

will be hilarious if serious sam 4 goes epic store exclusive considering how much work they put into fusion

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
surely reaching more customers would be putting your game on more smarketplaces (pc) and other consoles (not just one)

literally that pr is such doublestandard. its like a retail shop saying we want to reach more customers so we are going to open up a store 3 miles away from high street.

will be hilarious if serious sam 4 goes epic store exclusive considering how much work they put into fusion
well ... SS4 was like the only game they didn't mention here:

so .....

Reactions: Ge0force