Community One day, one game.

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018

One of my favorite kusoge titles that's just a lot of fun. It's made my examu, the ones behind the Arcana Heart games on Steam. It's one of the more grimy games I have played and that's the way I like my fighters. Screw being honest, I'm going to use my assist to make so you can't jump then force you to block every way I can think of. The game is full of characters from visual novels and probably various other things. I don't keep track of my characters from fighters very well. It does have Saya, Saber, Heart, and Homura, so those are probably some names that will stand out. You're allowed to pick two assists to help you in battle and if you get touched it's very likely you will die. It's the latest version of the game with some PC exclusive colors and all DLC. Here's a match from the old version:

Unless you really get into it then the changes made to the Steam version probably won't matter. If you don't like anime fighters, then uh... too bad. I'm recommending it because it's very fun. The netcode could use some work, but it's playable depending on how close you are to the person you fight.

Reactions: Mor and lashman

Blizniak

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2018
Looks like our thread slowed down a bit so here's a new recommendation:

It's a roguelike. Not one of those modern platformers with roguelike elements, a legit roguelike.
Imagine the beginning of Dwarf Fortress where you generate the entire world - it's geography, history, mythical heroes, events etc. That's exactly how Caves of Qud starts. There is a main story-line that stays the same every time but everything else including your starting point, starting gear, standings with various factions change every time. I've mostly stuck to daily/weekly challenges where everyone gets the same settings and posts a score after death but you can also just play the game regular and create your own character: either a mutant with a ton of mutations ranging from having two hearts to being able to fly and shooting laser beams out of your eyes, or you could play as true kin, a perfectly fine human being that doesn't get any special skills at first but can acquire all kinds of implants throughout the game. The variety of possible characters is stunning.

In the spirit of Rogue graphics are very ASCII-like, but are easily readable at any moment and there's a ton of mods on Steam that change the UI into something even more modern if you'd like. Also in the spirit of Rogue you can just die within minutes of starting the game but once you get the hang of things a single playthrough can last you an entire afternoon if not longer.

I've killed a bear and ate the whole thing raw in a single sitting. I've had my head, 3 arms and both legs chopped off and still kept going. I've peered into the future and saw myself die. I conjured and evil version of myself who then proceeded to murder me. Caves of Qud is just the right amount of crazy and I recommend you check it out.

Reactions: lashman and Mor

Eriugam

Premium Title
Nov 6, 2018
United Kingdom
For today's recommendation, I'd have to recommend the original Mass Effect.

A prime example of the golden age of Bioware video games.

To be honest, the original Mass Effect was the only good one in the series, that stayed true to the original intentions.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Well, I think today's recommendation will be easy as I'm currently playing it. the game is Lost in Vivo.

It's an horror game that emanates Silent Hill vibes on every corner, to make it simple, it's Silent Hill FPS and that's amazing. so far the designs are really good, story is simple at first but it keeps opening and giving details, sound is AMAZING, playing this game with headsets is a terrifying experience full of sounds here and there. I would say the game it's similar in the sense that corruptions transforms the world around you and the spooky fest starts.

Game is available on PC through Steam, Itch and Gamejolt. I highly recommend the game although it scares the hell out of me hehe

Reactions: lashman

suiko

saviour of worlds
Nov 12, 2018

Why I want to recommend this game? So many people have it already, but only grand total 5 people on my fl have played it. It's only an hour long clever puzzle game that is very much worth playing, also bananas. Play it!

Reactions: lashman and Mor