Shoot'em-up

Card game

Fighting

Virtual Reality

Last edited:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Great job Tizoc as always, August sure looks like a packed month, who I'm kidding, all months look packed as heck hahaha

BUUUUUT you forgot what is going to be my game of the month (probably) and I can't allow that :cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob:

OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Great job Tizoc as always, August sure looks like a packed month, who I'm kidding, all months look packed as heck hahaha

BUUUUUT you forgot what is going to be my game of the month (probably) and I can't allow that :cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob:
I have it in the .txt file that I use to make these threads
MC always gets the preview ver., full ver. is on Era
By my early estimate, between July and August there are 100 notable releases.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mor

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Hey Chook & Sosig is already out ? Oh, it’s cheap too !!!
Mhh, digging into it it’s part of a series where each game is PWYW. I think I know what I’m doing tomorrow.

Some are apparently very tiny games, but that all the more interesting, seeing a creator grow in confidence and ability with each project. And I love the chara design.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
I've got to admit, I'm interested in Crystar. A mutual of mine on Twitter played the JP version and was very positive on it, and I actually really enjoyed Lost Dimension - which I know was a different dev, but FuRyu published it as well.

Reactions: Deleted member 113
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Retroarch :minos_commie: Too bad its delayed though..
Ah gonna remove it from this month then, thanks. Hope these improvements will allow for updates to go thru steam and update Retroarch as that is the most desired feature i want from this release.

First post updated with more entries.

Last edited:

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
First post updated with more entries.
In case you want to update another thing, The Stranger things game Will's Side investigation got removed from Steam, so the page no longer exists

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
Dry Drowning is also supposed to release in August.
It is a pretty interesting looking dystopian sci-fi detective noir visual novel with adventure game elements:

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
Fuuuuu...

I’m interested by the horror anthology angle. How does the former game plays like ? Walking Dead ? Very light adventuring with QTE ?
Only watched my brother and a friend play Until Dawn, but yea, scenes play out with the player having to make decisions, and then action sequences with QTE.

As a fan of B-movies, and horror films, I had a blast just watching.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
I’m interested by the horror anthology angle. How does the former game plays like ? Walking Dead ? Very light adventuring with QTE ?
Watch Until Dawn (PS4 game) it's going to be like that.

Reactions: Milena and Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Can’t say I’m a fan of ‘you were too slow to react, sucker’ QTE ala Walking Dead, but eh, still interested. One of the big draw is that it doesn’t seem to have a video game horror vibe.

Reactions: lashman

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
One of my writers liked it better in EA, when he accidentally reviewed a preview build, lol.

LUL

Probably because he's more experience as a critic than when he started in 2017. Progress.

Sadly he got quite a bit wrong and some things sound scrubby like "infinite throws." I think one of the biggest offenders might be his closing line.

Veterans should pass this one up and play another fighting game that contains more complexity and testing of skill, like Tekken or Street Fighter.
There's some odd decisions and Tekken 7 is a great game, but never recommend Street Fighter V. I assume that's what he meant by those two.

Seriously, though, this is one of the fighters I would recommend for Vets. It's stuff like Fight of Gods you should be telling people to pass on, lol.

Reactions: Spamlynguist

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com
Sadly he got quite a bit wrong and some things sound scrubby like "infinite throws." I think one of the biggest offenders might be his closing line.

There's some odd decisions and Tekken 7 is a great game, but never recommend Street Fighter V. I assume that's what he meant by those two.

Seriously, though, this is one of the fighters I would recommend for Vets. It's stuff like Fight of Gods you should be telling people to pass on, lol.
Not all folks who play fighting games are created equal. Like someone who keeps getting hit with spinning pile drivers or King throws.

He liked Thems Fightin Herds better though.

uraizen

Oct 7, 2018
Not all folks who play fighting games are created equal. Like someone who keeps getting hit with spinning pile drivers or King throws.

He liked Thems Fightin Herds better though.
Yeah, but like... an infinite's only an infinite if it's an infinite. That's why it's an infinite, y'know?