Community PC Gaming April 2021 Highlights | NieR Replicant ver. √π, Cold Steel 4, Lost Words, SaGa Frontier Remastered

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Thanks to Mor for their help in preparing these highlight threads and for being a fellow of commendable decorum and class.

First up are releases that don't have a Steam page or are major updates to existing games
Noita gets 'Epilogue' Update
Shadowman Remastered
Serious Sam 2 update 2.90

Adventure

RPG

Action & Shooters

Strategy

Puzzle, Rhythm and Casual

Point n' Click, Visual Novels & FMVs

Building & Simulation

Shoot'em-up and Twin Stick Shooters

Platformers & Auto-runners

Virtual Reality

Sports & Racing

Card-centric

Horror

Last edited:

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Nothing new is jumping at me, which is kind of surprising. Usually there are at least a few new wishlist items for me in these. :D

Reactions: Tizoc

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Thanks for the thread!

I'll be getting Nier of course, but no idea when I'll get to it.

I'm currently into my personal playthrough of Trails of Cold Steel 4, and it reminded me of two things:
  • How much more "complete" these games feel as JRPGs compared to most offerings on the market today. From the battle system over the story and cast to the various character building and equipment system and even more frivulous things like minigames.
  • How long they are, especially if you have a completionist streak.
It's always nice to play a JRPG port where there isn't too much to complain about on a technical level though :p

Last edited:

Arkanius

Dec 21, 2018
Had no idea Nier was coming out this month. That is great. Always wanted to play the original, but after Nier Automata, that delay won't take much longer.
Just sad we aren't getting the "Papa Nier" version. It was always the one that interested me the most because it was the most unique take on this type of stories.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
100% getting Nier and many more that I'll keep my eye on.

Also lol, I read farm manager as farm simulator and thought, wow they are shaking up that game into a different genre, people wont be happy.

spiel

Apr 17, 2019
Ooh didn't know Tiny Room Stories got a PC release. Guess this means the game is finally complete? New chapters were still being developed on Android last I checked (many months ago), but I did enjoy what had been released so far. It's a pretty decent point-and-click escape room. Less moon logic and more piecing together environmental clues to solve codes and puzzles. Time to revisit the game. :detectiveblob:

Mimosa

Feb 23, 2021
I'll be picking up R-Type Final II. I didn't realize that Wonder Labyrinth got a full release. I'll have to check the game out now. I'm also interested in Trails of Cold Steel IV, but I still the to finish II and III.

Also... Those DX Atelier games are basically complete editions with some extras? Hopefully they update some of the assets for those games that were used in the PS4 version.

Edit: Oh I forgot about Nier too. Picking that up day one as well.

Last edited:

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Considering how much DLC some of the Atelier games get, the DX versions should be quite the steals if they have everything. Like, the regular Lydie & Suelle is still full price, and has a 80€ season pass. The DX versions says "Lots of previously released DLC", so does it have it all? I don't know. But it's bound to be a better deal than 140€ for the old version + season pass. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Considering how much DLC some of the Atelier games get, the DX versions should be quite the steals if they have everything. Like, the regular Lydie & Suelle is still full price, and has a 80€ season pass. The DX versions says "Lots of previously released DLC", so does it have it all? I don't know. But it's bound to be a better deal than 140€ for the old version + season pass. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Damn lots of DLC, definately will check it out if it does include everything. I need Paradox to do this with their games, or Sega to do a bundle for Warhammer 1+2 with all dlc before 3 comes out.

Reactions: ExistentialThought

Nzyme

Time to get Fit
Sep 19, 2018
Tempted by Rome Total War remastered, as you do get a 50% discount as a previous owner so the price is more reasonable.
Also got Yakuza 6 Remastered. Really looking forward to getting to that one after Yakuza 5 remastered, which has been great so far!