|OT| Pine - Spine On The Pine

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018

Developer : Twirlbound
Publisher : Kongregate
Platform: Steam

Brief Story:

Pine is an open world action adventure simulation game. Set in the beautiful world of Albamare, you take on the role of Hue, a smart young adult who will have to explore, trade and fight his way through a stirring ecology filled with creatures much smarter than humans.

Their Story Becomes Yours:

As you're looking for a new home for your tribe to settle in, you'll have to engage with the large-scale ecology of Albamare. Prepare by exploring, bartering, talking, crafting and fighting in six different biomes, with and against a diverse cast of species that will not simply help you.

A Struggle for Survival
In Pine, things will happen across the open game world even without your involvement. All organisms are alive and will try what they can to survive. You can choose to befriend a species, fight alongside them, or you may also to attack them, steal their food or force them to abandon their current habitat. All of this will make the species move across the ecological spectrum.

the title is totally a reference to arn anderson

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
Thanks for reminding me this exists :D Between Destiny 2, Code Vein and soon Disco, I fear this poor game will be ignored by many.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Been trying to decide if I should get this or Children of Morta and can't still decide. But starting to lean more and more towards this. Looks quite nice and since it's european I expect the jank!:D

Reactions: lashman

Blizniak

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2018
Has anyone played it after all the patches? Is it significantly improved or were they just small tweaks for the most part?

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Wow, 8 patches already?

I still have the game on my whistlist and would love to finally jump in if most of the launch issues are sorted out.

Myradeer

Rayon de Soleil
Apr 17, 2019
How is the ecosystem? Seems like most interesting thing that distinguishes this game from typical open world game, but I've never seen ecosystem feature implemented well in any game other than Rain World.