|OT| Post comething completely irrelevant!

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I'm so sick of 'the worst' or 'x is bad' videos. Even from content creators I like. I want you to geek out on your passions, not shitting on things nobody even remembers.

Reactions: Pommes

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Since the pandemic isn't going to end anytime soon, I finally decided to buy a desk for work. It's long overdue. My son is also walking around the house already and raiding my kb & m at every chance he get. So I have to evacuate to the other room. :notlikethisblob:
Post pics in the where we game thread!

Summer sucks and people who like it, like something that actively tries to kill them.
Sun is the only reason we or anything is alive, winter is what kills EVERYTHING! Just look at Game of Thrones.

You know Sean Bean is a signal of death.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
  • Hug
  • Sad
Reactions: Pommes and ISee

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Ok real talk, I think the reason I can't stand winter is because I became homeless during winter and I had never felt cold like when I had only stone floors to sleep on and couldn't get warm any way. Those shivers in your spine that you can escape easily usually, when those keep you from sleeping, well that is hell. Till to this I remember when I had those shakes nonstop that made me keep fainting so that I ended up in the ER. Apparently I was completely white. Good thing I was trying to sleep in the waiting area of the hospital to begin with haha!

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Does anyone have recommendations for affordable yet decent looking watches?
Something simple yet good looking, none of that decadent shit

Reactions: NarohDethan

Maniac

As the name suggests. The OG Maniac.
Sep 19, 2018
Under your bed, creepin
metacouncil.com
Aw man it really dpeends on what you consider "cheap" and decadent. Casio & Seiko both have quite a few series that are super affordable, high-quality timepieces in a range of vastly differing styles. Casio's G-Shocks are their own type of "simple yet gaudy" but there's a plethora of different styles on offer there too, though they're not super cheap although their benefit is insane durability. Seiko's Pulsar series has some brilliant watches that're super durable & often understated in their looks.

If you want unique & understated, I can highly recommend the micro-brand called "Divided By Zero"; their watches are subtle, unique & heckin' reasonably priced.

Bulova is also very much great quality & has watches in any given price range. :3

But yeah, G-Shocks, Pulsars & Divided By Zero has my personal stamp of approval.

(So does the one Bulova I own, but my experience with the brand is limited to second-hand anecdotes other than just one watch)

Reactions: lashman

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Aw man it really dpeends on what you consider "cheap" and decadent. Casio & Seiko both have quite a few series that are super affordable, high-quality timepieces in a range of vastly differing styles. Casio's G-Shocks are their own type of "simple yet gaudy" but there's a plethora of different styles on offer there too, though they're not super cheap although their benefit is insane durability. Seiko's Pulsar series has some brilliant watches that're super durable & often understated in their looks.

If you want unique & understated, I can highly recommend the micro-brand called "Divided By Zero"; their watches are subtle, unique & heckin' reasonably priced.

Bulova is also very much great quality & has watches in any given price range. :3

But yeah, G-Shocks, Pulsars & Divided By Zero has my personal stamp of approval.

(So does the one Bulova I own, but my experience with the brand is limited to second-hand anecdotes other than just one watch)
G-shocks are definitely too overstated for me, pulsars also. Divided by Zero's look very nice, but almost a bit too simplistic, given that those on google images all don't even have numbers anymore lmao.

I found those uwdood's earlier today and at least asthetically, they seem very much the kind i am into, are they considered good?

Maniac

As the name suggests. The OG Maniac.
Sep 19, 2018
Under your bed, creepin
metacouncil.com
G-shocks are definitely too overstated for me, pulsars also. Divided by Zero's look very nice, but almost a bit too simplistic, given that those on google images all don't even have numbers anymore lmao.

I found those uwdood's earlier today and at least asthetically, they seem very much the kind i am into, are they considered good?
To be fair both Pulsar & G-Shock features a wide array of stylings. I was thinking specifically about the SKUs that're more undertoned, which I own a few of. (G-Shock Steel are nice thangs)

I don't at all recommend Uwood or any other brand making watches with wooden casings; they all split at the length of the grain at some point, more often than not it's within a year at most. (And if they have a smidgen o' a tough time it can be anywhere from the links to the middle of the dang casing)

I'll... Uh, I'll see if I can find some good shizzle but I do suppose it really depends on what sort of budget one sets too. :)

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I'm partial to Diesel watches. I like their quasi-industrial design, though their models tend to be fairly big. I found a few of theirs that manage to look nice, without having gigantic cases.
I'm currently wearing this one:

(it's actually quite a bit darker than on this promo image, but I like it that way)

I don't know if they are cheap enough for you, I bought this one for just over 100€. Most of their watches seem to hover between 100 to 200.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Bad news everyone, not only are we stuck in a terrible, terrible pandemic but Star Trek Discovery is also back.
:notlikethisblob:

• Sad

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
So how does the system work in the USA? I was checking the map on BBC and though wow so much red, guess trumpomania won.
But then I check google's opinion and bidenopus is quite a bit head? More states in the smaller blue area there I guess? Is that it? Hu?
Or that's still not it, I don't get it, checking the "cartogram" view on the first page there shows more pink/red states than blue as well.

Oh light colors aren't over either, it doesn't have to have the "contested" lines graphic for results to switch, some blues just went red.

Ah well, gonna go with my first thought in that trump is winning the race and if not, surprise!

Last edited:

Xclash

MetaMember
Dec 13, 2018
So how does the system work in the USA? I was checking the map on BBC and though wow so much red, guess trumpomania won.
But then I check google's opinion and bidenopus is quite a bit head? More states in the smaller blue area there I guess? Is that it? Hu?
Or that's still not it, I don't get it, checking the "cartogram" view on the first page there shows more pink/red states than blue as well.

Oh light colors aren't over either, it doesn't have to have the "contested" lines graphic for results to switch, some blues just went red.

Some places go off projections so a state like California would project to go to Biden as soon as the polls close while other sites will wait until the count is enough to where the other person can't make up ground. The different shades point to how hard the shift towards that candidate.

As for this race, there is still a ton of votes left to count in Georgia, Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania as they had way more mail in ballots due to covid and didn't start counting them until today or start counting tomorrow. Likely won't know for a day or two. At least Arizona looks good so that gives Biden another road and requires Trump to sweep the rest of the way.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
This thread is great, I have no idea how I went so long without it. And to begin in good form, something depressing : Glenn Greenwald leaving The Intercept. Considering this is one of the people who broken Snowden's leaks, it is rather sad to see someone like this being forced out of his out outfit, especially for such reasons.

But then again, given who they had on staff, not really surprised by that outcome. Still a travesty.

Reactions: ISee