|OT| Post comething completely irrelevant!

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I wonder how many PS5s it's holding up? ;)
200,000 ton ship lost power and is blocking the Suez Canal since yesterday.

• Eyes
Reactions: Swenhir

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
TIL the Winklevoss brothers owned 11 million USD worth of bitcoins in 2013 when the rate was $120/₿.
They must have 420 times their investment, so 4.6 billion USD worth of ₿ now with the current rate ($50,500/₿).

You know, these are the twin brothers who were Harvard classmates with Zuckerberg, and also Olympic rowers for the USA.

The twins, the first prominent figures in the largely anonymous bitcoin world to publicly disclose a big stake, say they own nearly $11 million worth. Or at least $11 million as of Thursday morning — when trading was temporarily suspended after the latest and largest flash crash left a single bitcoin worth about $120.

Last edited:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
TIL the Winklevoss brothers owned 11 million USD worth of bitcoins in 2013 when the rate was $120/₿.
They must have 420 times their investment, so 4.6 billion USD worth of ₿ now with the current rate ($50,500/₿).

You know, these are the twin brothers who were Harvard classmates with Zuckerberg, and also Olympic rowers for the USA.

Guess the people who had 11 millions in the first place can finally have even more. Surely, they are paying taxes, too :p.

• This!
Reactions: lashman

Nahkapukki

Finest Finn
Sep 7, 2018
The Iciest Hole
After 15 years of making shoes and being bored by it I decided to apply in to a school. School that is supposed to make me in to a game developer. After scrounging up my old school stuff I realized that I'm a moron and I can't read, write or walk. I am now morose because I never took school seriously, also I'm a bit excited over the novel idea of not doing menial labor and learn something interesting. Life is stupid and I wish I could just do what I want.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
The dog has chosen a new owner.
What is funny is that it was my thought as well the first time I watched the video: the dog was asking for her to adopt it. Actually, once you know the drill, it is funny because you know that the dog is only asking for her to stay in her car while it rains, or for her to drive it back home so that it does not walk in the mud and it does not get wet. What an initial misunderstanding!

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I've just been trying to look into why uMatrix wasn't updating Blocklists on one of my machines and noticed it was deprecated months ago. It's a massive shame as i find UBO a real pain to use and i don't have a PhD in web stuff so it's interface and rules are nearly impenetrable without spending days on the wiki due to the UBO author's total disdain for any kind of user help and their hatred of UI labels. They've done great things but holy crap is UBO a pain to use due to it's poor UI.

I liked uMatrix as it was easy to see what i was allowing and blocking, UBO is nowhere near as understandable without studying every day to keep the info in mind. Meh.

Time to go find a UBO tutorial written for real people not academics.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Screw youtube! It's started asking for age verification even though my age is correct in google and i gave in and did their stupid credit card check and passed it but it still asks for me to verify, so i click verify and it says "great, you an old person!" but the video just asks for verification again. I didn't realise random Resident Evil 2 videos were that scary even adults can't watch them.

I bet it's because i'm always in private browsing. That ain't changing so i'll just use nsfwyoutube more often then. sorry for your lack of views content creators but i doubt google will care because advertisers only like under 18's because family friendly. Ass hats.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
How do I stop a dog from biting me? My sister just got a puppy and that mfer is going to ruin my hands and my tennis shoes from all the biting. We've never had a dog before and he doesn't live here, only on weekends.

• Sad
Reactions: Pommes and lashman

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
How do I stop a dog from biting me? My sister just got a puppy and that mfer is going to ruin my hands and my tennis shoes from all the biting. We've never had a dog before and he doesn't live here, only on weekends.
Puppies will bite like crazy, all you can do is be stern and tell no, but they will still bite everything they can.XD

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
All my dogs stopped doing that after growing and "changing" their teeth, you should tell them no when they're hurting you/ruining something, but you should give them a toy to play with and bite. The more they bite/play the more they learn how to control their strength and how to play without hurting the other party.