|OT| Post comething completely irrelevant!

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto

Weird, do Imgur mp4 links not work here? I can't access what I posted.

Last edited:
  • Toucan
Reactions: Li Kao

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
I'm having a hard time deciding if the hardest part of getting a house is finding something you like and can afford, choosing the furniture and overall style or decorating the damn place... It never ends...

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
... and Firefox 89 Photon is trash. My main beef is the way the new UI makes the tabs look like garbage.
Luckily for now you can disable it but i'm going to mess about with a userChrome file until i get fed up of it and turn Photon UI off until they force it in a future update. 89 is also slower to render and seems to use more memory, yay!

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
... and Firefox 89 Photon is trash. My main beef is the way the new UI makes the tabs look like garbage.
Luckily for now you can disable it but i'm going to mess about with a userChrome file until i get fed up of it and turn Photon UI off until they force it in a future update. 89 is also slower to render and seems to use more memory, yay!
Waterfox to the rescue!

Or even stuck on Classic like old farts like me.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Ha, nah i like keeping up-to-date with my browser as it's my main app aside from games, VS code, VLC or MPC but the new Proton UI is horrid.
The blank line between the tab-bar and the main address bar is really distracting, like annoyingly so. Still, i've managed to change the tabs so they're less "Floaty" with some code in userChrome.css. The UI on Add Bookmarks just looks flat and bland and the rounded buttons make it look like a toy rather than a tool. I might disable Proton UI fully tomorrow, we'll see.

Hell, as i've gotten older i've realised that no-one in these companies gives a shit so i just hunt around for ways to change or fix it and get on with my life.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I dunno where to put this. The main Steam Anime OT in Gaming or the Manga thread or here...

Anyway, a japanese artist has opened commissions to english speakers and of course we instantly asked what would our supermarket chains look like as Anime Boys and here we are...

• Comfy
  • Toucan
Reactions: Kvik and Cacher

Pommes

Hey you! Have a nice day!
Jun 4, 2019
"As the crypto economy continues to become a more important part of our customers’ lives, we want to empower them to mine cryptocurrency with Norton, a brand they trust," said Vincent Pilette, CEO of NortonLifeLock. "Norton Crypto is yet another innovative example of how we are expanding our Cyber Safety platform to protect our customers’ ever-evolving digital lives."
What the actual fuck :dizzy-face:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Yeah ! After several weeks in the red because our health insurance is, I don't know, impacted by Covid ? We got confirmation that my mom surgery will be reimbursed...
Partly.

We are 100 euros in a very deep tone of red. As in, this month won't fly.

thistestnow

*doom noises*
Feb 16, 2021
Hey couldn't find the right thread for this, does anyone know how to update their email address or is that not allowed in the profile settings?

Thx

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Some fucker in a crowd just slapped Emmanuel Macron. Every politics are crying that it's a very dangerous precedent for the Republic. Which I agree with.
On the other hand, I feel it could have been harder, I'm let down :anguished-face:

For reference

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Some fucker in a crowd just slapped Emmanuel Macron. Every politics are crying that it's a very dangerous precedent for the Republic. Which I agree with.
On the other hand, I feel it could have been harder, I'm let down :anguished-face:

For reference
I'm not one for violence but I can't help feel this sends a powerful message and symbol.

Reactions: Li Kao and lashman

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I'm not one for violence but I can't help feel this sends a powerful message and symbol.
That, in their rush to protect the system, every politic will miss. Like they always have done for decades. Miserable poll participations, general distrust of elected people, yellow vests, little slap, it’s always the same old song.
It’s difficult to talk about that topic, you always risk falling in populist horseshit talk, but you won’t convince me that something is not slowly but surely rotting here.

I fucking wouldn’t bet about the next elections outcome, and given the likely finalists, that’s terrifying.

As I already said to you, I fear that people have given up and that this will get far worse before it gets better. If I wasn’t some miserable poor without a future I would be in the first flight to Canada, no regret. I’m proud to be French, we had some remarkable figure in history, but it’s sadly long past.

edit
The motherfucker didn’t wait. Already saying it was an isolated incident and that he will obviously continue as is.

Reactions: Swenhir

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Hey couldn't find the right thread for this, does anyone know how to update their email address or is that not allowed in the profile settings?

Thx
Yeah, I think it's disabled. I can't change it, either. I originally registered this account using an old work e-mail. I obviously no longer work there, but... shockingly, I can still access the e-mail. They haven't changed the password yet. All their secrets are belong to me. :blobmorning2:

• Toucan

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
That, in their rush to protect the system, every politic will miss. Like they always have done for decades. Miserable poll participations, general distrust of elected people, yellow vests, little slap, it’s always the same old song.
It’s difficult to talk about that topic, you always risk falling in populist horseshit talk, but you won’t convince me that something is not slowly but surely rotting here.

I fucking wouldn’t bet about the next elections outcome, and given the likely finalists, that’s terrifying.

As I already said to you, I fear that people have given up and that this will get far worse before it gets better. If I wasn’t some miserable poor without a future I would be in the first flight to Canada, no regret. I’m proud to be French, we had some remarkable figure in history, but it’s sadly long past.

edit
The motherfucker didn’t wait. Already saying it was an isolated incident and that he will obviously continue as is.
If it's any comfort, I do see things slowly changing across the west. There's a sense of being fed up, in particular since Covid, that is intensifying. Same goes regarding climate change. That being said, I can't blame you and I'm of a similar mind, but that's mostly because the place I live in is pretty much a permanent trigger for me.

• Hug

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
If it's any comfort, I do see things slowly changing across the west. There's a sense of being fed up, in particular since Covid, that is intensifying. Same goes regarding climate change. That being said, I can't blame you and I'm of a similar mind, but that's mostly because the place I live in is pretty much a permanent trigger for me.
Being a pessimist I fear that being fed up without having the possibility to canalize this frustration on some credible candidate will only lead to far right shit like we already saw in several countries. I can’t speak for other countries, but the most terrifying thing is not Macron, he‘s just a mediocre moron, it’s the absolute void when you look for other candidates. It’s like even politics have given up.

Reactions: Swenhir

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Being a pessimist I fear that being fed up without having the possibility to canalize this frustration on some credible candidate will only lead to far right shit like we already saw in several countries. I can’t speak for other countries, but the most terrifying thing is not Macron, he‘s just a mediocre moron, it’s the absolute void when you look for other candidates. It’s like even politics have given up.
I agree, but at the same time as Tolkien said, you can never know all the ends. Just do what you can, and act where you are able. Right now, I feel more or less capable of not making myself miserable by looking at the chaos outside and focus on the small thing I may be able to do.

• Love

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Imagine if what we do now is send rovers all over the space and making them take selfies with little country flags in the background. 🙈

• Toucan

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Imagine if what we do now is send rovers all over the space and making them take selfies with little country flags in the background. 🙈
Just take a photo of England when there's an international football game on. Nearly every effing car in the country looks like a little Mars Rover Patriot Mobile. lol. It'd look like we're overran with Space Explorers.