|OT| Post comething completely irrelevant!

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I dunno how many of the non-Americans of you know of root beer... its a brewed lemonade that looks like cola but tastes very different. Its also very rare in Europe but common/abundant in the States. I used to spend time regularly in the US and drank it there all the time, but here in Europe it was always a challenge to even acquire some. But recently I found a online store that sends them out and yesterday ten cans of glorious root beer arrived and... ahem, I already drank most of them. It was a beautiful reunion. :D

(to those who do know it: I got the brands Mug and A&W... I wish they had some others as well, but I'll take what I can get.)

Reason: Typos
Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
nordschatten I know it, we get it in the UK but i always get Root Beer and Ginger Beer muddled up in my head. What Americans call "Root Beer" is typically called "Sasparilla" in the UK. It's not that common but you can get it.
There's a bunch of places around here that have imported Korean, Japanese, Middle Eastern or American Food, Drinks, Sweets etc they're expensive but luckily i have developed a liking for the Macha Toffees which are not that expensive. Not a big fan of Macha but those Toffees are amazing.

My odd-drink weakness is "Dandelion and Burdock", i'll drink that til the cows come home or my teeth fall out of my head.

Last edited:
Reactions: LEANIJA and lashman

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I dunno how many of the non-Americans of you know of root beer... its a brewed lemonade that looks like cola but tastes very different.
I always wanted to try root beer and imagined it would taste similar to our german "Malzbier" .
So I ordered one on the first day of my first U.S. vacation:

IT TASTED LIKE LIQUIFIED TOOTHPASTE!

The shock was immense. But once I got used to it... it's okay.

On completely other, unimportant information:
We have a pretty good hamburger restaurant in our City, run by an ex-us army guy. They sell homemade us style Limonade, iced tea and root beer.
Delicious, very sweet but delicious.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
I just had the most random brain fart a couple hours ago. I went shopping for some stuff for the house and while I was in the kitchen section I noticed they had a sale on bread boxes and since I don't have one, and am somewhat interesting in getting one, I checked them out. One of them grabbed my attention and I instantly noticed it had "PAIN" written in it and I was like "wtf???....". It took me a while to remember "Pain" is "Bread" in french, so mystery solved, but I found it amusing how my brain instantly assumes anything foreign is english.

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
  • Eyes
Reactions: ISee

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Hey look, I've found my old, first and only Ipod. It's now 13 (?) years old and still working!
(I had one of those shitty mp3 USB sticks before that. So this thing accompanied me for a long time).

It seems to have all my stuff, like my Blizz Authenticator, one episode of two and a half men, music, even Final Fantasy 1 and the very important stock market app that I have never opened to this very day.
Need to check if it is going to sync with iTunes... but I need to install iTunes first.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Not real. Fake ads.

The robots will be 1.7m tall and weigh 125lb, with the ability to carry 45lbs, deadlift 150lbs, and arm extend lift 10lbs. You'll be able to run away from it, if you're in decent nick yourself, because it will move at a top speed of 5mph.

The most freaky element, though this wasn't demonstrated, is that it has a face screen where a humanoid face will appear to impart "useful information." Apparently a key aim is that it's not "super expensive."

Last edited:
Reactions: ISee

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Google is now a virus. They have changed it so that you cannot logout of a Google account on a device. I had a notice to check details on one of my google accounts, so i logged in with it, couldn't find the info they said was missing and noticed there's no logout button for additional accounts. Seems they changed it a few months ago, WTF!? Fuck 'em! I logged out of all accounts, removed the added account from my PC and logged back in with my youtube account.

I'm glad that Google do these things now and then to remind me that they are just as cunty as Facebook for trying to hoover up ALL your data so they can make money off you, only more so because i have to use Google where Facebook are totally optional for me at the moment.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
edit: Managed to login and ingame i still have my old, comfy MC name so that's one less thing i'm grumpy about. lol... and at least i have Multiplayer available unlike some peeps.

edit: deleted the rant. After 12 hours, a slep and a rebooted PC, everything seems back to normal on the Java Minecraft front aside from i now have my Microsoft Account name in the launcher. Migration is still a pain but have patience and you should be okay. I ended up using the account i bought Minecraft on which may have heelped, also make sure your Microsoft Minecraft account had a DOB that makes you 18+ or some people find that the Multiplayer is locked out.

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
So much truth here

My mother has already vetted the first item. At first I thought it was gross to let kitty eat little flying pests, but there is no denying his passion and efficiency :thinking-face:

(Paging PossiblyPudding )

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
This hits too close to home. :evilblob: I don't know the guy in the video.

Edit: Okay, the text is from a serious video. The illustrations are what differs, yet suit the text really well.

Hidden content
You are not allowed to view this content

Last edited:
Reactions: Stevey

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Hmm, could this work for associating a keyboard shortcut in Afterburner to a combo of controller buttons ?
I'm too lazy and this is too unimportant but I still genuinely would like a way to make the Afterburner benchmark infos appear with the touch of a couple buttons.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
This is a close to a Random Video Reccommendation thread that MC has so here we go!

Seeing the talk of Vending Machines in the Steam thread reminded me of these vids.

Begiragons - Vending Machine Game

Begiragons' Gacha Bike Series are great too! ... Then it all kinda went downhill when Megwin, Falcon and Bandy left.

Silvervale's Virtual Tours of Tokyo with Real-Life RobCDee
( Basically Rob is walking around Tokyo/Akihabara and streaming to both channels on his phone )

RobCDee is great, here's his twitch channel, his youtube is mainly highlights.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pommes

Pommes

Hey you! Have a nice day!
Jun 4, 2019
This is a close to a Random Video Reccommendation thread that MC has so here we go!

Seeing the talk of Vending Machines in the Steam thread reminded me of these vids.

Begiragons - Vending Machine Game

Begiragons' Gacha Bike Series are great too! ... Then it all kinda went downhill when Megwin, Falcon and Bandy left.

Silvervale's Virtual Tours of Tokyo with Real-Life RobCDee
( Basically Rob is walking around Tokyo/Akihabara and streaming to both channels on his phone )

RobCDee is great, here's his twitch channel, his youtube is mainly highlights.
Begiragons...
That is a name I have not heard for a long time :blobeyes:

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky