|OT| Post comething completely irrelevant!

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
RIP Grange Calveley - Us old people will remember him as the creator and writer of "Roobarb and Custard", infamous UK cartoon.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
With the closing of the Eurogamer forums the few remaining active members of the Italian branch of the EG forums have made it to the replacement that was set up and staked a claim to a thread of their own. They have brought their cultural treasures with them including how to make pasta properly and this gem. I have no idea what is being said but ... fucking lol.

• Toucan
Reactions: Pommes

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
As we have several French Metapeeps and we are "Mr Worldwide" when it comes to forum members this sad news may be of interest to people.
Actor Jean-Paul Belmondo has passed aged 88.

I remember him from some old films from my youth but looking at wiki he's been immortalised in games and anime too. RIP.

• Sad
Reactions: Li Kao

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Real-time face swap for Twitch. :evilblob:

Hidden content
You are not allowed to view this content

• Eyes

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
As we have several French Metapeeps and we are "Mr Worldwide" when it comes to forum members this sad news may be of interest to people.
Actor Jean-Paul Belmondo has passed aged 88.

I remember him from some old films from my youth but looking at wiki he's been immortalised in games and anime too. RIP.
Didn't reply because it pertains to feelings I prefer to leave alone, but he was, in his time, THE face of action/adventure movies. To say he was huge or very popular may be a severe understatement. Belmondo was a sort of cinema by himself. He was greatly diminished for years now, so it's not a huge surprise.
More than the man, this to me feels like the death of a type of movies, a period a French pop-culture... and my youth.
Not the best of news.

• Hug
Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I'm late to the Paul Belmondo discussion (RIP). I think I saw two films of his that I can remember on top of my head: Pierrot Le Fou (which my smooth brain struggled to comprehend at the time) and Le Doulos (which is a noir/gangster film which I really enjoyed).

I really want to get into French cinema at some point, especially noir/gangster films of Belmondo's era. The other French noir film I've seen was Le Samourai (with Alain Delon) and that was excellent.

• Hug
Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I'm late to the Paul Belmondo discussion (RIP). I think I saw two films of his that I can remember on top of my head: Pierrot Le Fou (which my smooth brain struggled to comprehend at the time) and Le Doulos (which is a noir/gangster film which I really enjoyed).

I really want to get into French cinema at some point, especially noir/gangster films of Belmondo's era. The other French noir film I've seen was Le Samourai (with Alain Delon) and that was excellent.
It's Jean-Paul ! This is anal but I have an excuse, Paul is his son's name :cuteblob:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
  • Eyes

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
I just had an assyncronous job interview where they had written questions and I had to answer in video form. It went ok-ish I believe but the whole time I couldn't shake the feeling of how weird the whole thing was. I haven't looked for a new job in a long while but are these kind of things normal nowadays?

• Eyes
Reactions: Wok

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Thought some of you might be interested in this but couldn't think of anywhere else to post it.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
We ordered our second food shipment of the month. Already 230 euros down the drain. Only have 153 euros left on budget and 3 weeks to cover.
I'm not even shitting bricks anymore. Terrified.

Food price (particularly meat) is going through the roof.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Get stoned without any drugs.
Thank you for posting this, holy moly this is good stuff. Hands down that Not So Fast is just amazing. The other vids on the channel are good too.

I do not know what you call this style similar to Cruelty Squad or Jack Stauber, but it is always so interesting.

• Comfy
Reactions: Valdien

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
World-first commercial hover bike developed by Japanese company ALI Technologies. Gas + Electricity. Maximum speed 100km/h. Can fly for 40 minutes. MSRP at 77,000,000 yen and pre-order starts today.

• Gib
Reactions: Wok