News Pre-edit MS article gives May 16 release date for Hunt: Showdown (Edit: Beta Test is Live)

Aelphaeis Mangarae

MetaMember
Apr 21, 2019
A few days ago, Microsoft's Major Nelson uploaded this article. Next Week on Xbox: News Games for May 14 to 17 - Xbox Wire It was hastily edited after posting, but its contents were mirrored to an MS-focused forum. The single edit was the removal of this reveal.

I'm curious why they removed it. Either it's meant to be a surprise reveal later in the week, or they've pushed back the release date, possibly until E3. We know the Xbox version is coming "very soon", but Crytek are somewhat tight-lipped about it. They also keep saying that they have no plans to release on any consoles except the Xbox which is kinda chin-strokey. After all, in 2017, Crytek received a major investment from an unknown source, and now they're working on a game that is only coming to PC and Xbox,

Last month, some preview footage was released of the Xbox One version. Looks pretty solid. I'm assuming we'll get more details about the Xbox version on the day, such as whether it'll be parallel to the PC version and stuff like that.

The roadmap for the PC version is here. Hunt: Showdown - Roadmap What's interesting is that the PC version is leaving Early Access in the near future. They're going from Version 6.0 to Version 1.0, and 1.0 is bringing FOV sliders, female hunters, controller support, and such. It's tonally kinda weird how the Xbox version is entering Game Preview, yet the PC is leaving Early Access. But as long as both versions are good, it should be fine.

Reactions: lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
yeah, interesting ... hopefully it does indeed release on the 16th

(by the way - that's probably not "community" ... it's "news", lol ... you might want to change the prefix, not everything is community :p)

OP
Aelphaeis Mangarae

Aelphaeis Mangarae

MetaMember
Apr 21, 2019

It would be kinda weird to have a beta test ending on the 15th and then put the game into Game Preview the very next day (16th), but stranger things have happened. My gut instinct is that they've pushed back the official rollout.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
It would be kinda weird to have a beta test ending on the 15th and then put the game into Game Preview the very next day (16th), but stranger things have happened. My gut instinct is that they've pushed back the official rollout.
yeah, that might be it ... maybe they found some serious bugs during the beta or something? that would explain that